About Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri, is a vibrant and diverse city in the Midwest's heart. It is home to over two million people and offers various activities to suit any taste. With its rich cultural history, thriving economy, and friendly atmosphere, it's no wonder why Kansas City is one of the most popular destinations for businesses looking for office space.
The city gives off a warm climate year-round. The city also has distinct seasons: cold winters and hot summers. Nature lovers will love exploring the many trails across the area, including Loose Park, Line Creek Nature Area, and Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area, which offer plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and more.
Businesses looking for office space can benefit from hosting events in Kansas City due to its low cost of living and competitive market rates. Additionally, rent prices are below the national average due to abundant available buildings with competitive rates. The city also boasts several airports that provide convenient access to all areas within the state and other regions around the United States.
Office Event Options in Kansas City
- Office Supplies
Office supplies are essential for setting up an office space event in Kansas City. Organizing such an event requires purchasing paper and other writing supplies, filing systems, printers, computers, and basic office furniture. The list of supplies needed depends on the purpose of the event and the size of the space being set up.
Cleaning is very important to organize an office space event in Kansas City. A clean space is essential for creating a positive atmosphere for business meetings or presentations. Professional cleaning services can be hired to ensure the space is free from dirt and dust before guests arrive. Additionally, having designated waste receptacles throughout the office space helps promote good hygiene practices during the event.
- Photographers and Videographers
Photographers and videographers should also be considered when organizing an office space event in Kansas City. A professional photographer or videographer can capture each moment of your occasion with quality images that you can use as promotional materials or share with your guests afterward. They can also provide quality video footage if you’d like to broadcast your event to others who couldn’t attend in person.
Office Event Vendors in Kansas City
- Plaza Catering
Plaza Catering provides affordable, high-quality food and service that will leave a lasting impression. They offer customizable menu options, including buffet service and plated dinners for all events, including office events, corporate seminars, social gatherings, weddings, receptions, and more. They are known for their varieties of foods like keto, vegan, fat-free, vegetarian, pescetarian, etc.
- Yogi HouseKeeping
With seven years of experience, Yogi HouseKeeping is a reputable cleaning company that has made a name for itself in the KC area. They cater to the entire KC metro and greater extent, providing top-notch home and office cleaning services for regular services and office events. Their specialization in multi-family and property management is just one of the many reasons they're a good choice for those needing a thorough and reliable cleaning job.
- JW Visual Media
JW Visual Media is known for its high-quality photography without the sky-high price tag. With a quick selection of your desired date and location, this team of expert visual creators will work closely with you to capture those cherished moments you'll want to keep forever. And with the assurance of premium results at a fraction of the cost, you can rest easy knowing the office event is in good hands.
Pros and Cons of Office Events in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri, is a great place to host office space events. With its diverse range of neighborhoods, businesses, and amenities, it has much to offer those looking for a place to hold their office space event. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of hosting an office space event in Kansas City.
- Kansas City offers various options for office space events with varying sizes and locations available for rental or purchase. Whether looking for a large conference center or a smaller boutique venue, you can find the perfect option in this vibrant city.
- Kansas City boasts plenty of transportation options nearby, including bus routes and airports that make it easy to get around the city. This makes it an ideal choice for those who want to host an event with participants from different parts of the country or even the world.
- The city also has plenty of attractions, such as museums, restaurants, parks, and entertainment venues, that can be used to add extra value to your event experience.
- Kansas City experiences extreme weather conditions throughout the year, making hosting outdoor events difficult.
- The city also suffers from high crime rates in certain areas, so business owners must take extra precautions when hosting events there.
- Traffic congestion can be a problem during peak hours which could lead to guests being late or unable to attend due to travel delays caused by heavy traffic on highways and roads.
Tips on How to Organize Office Events in Kansas City
Kansas City is a vibrant city with so much to offer businesses, from start-ups to established companies. Planning an office event can be daunting and overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some tips on how to organize successful office events in Kansas City, Missouri:
- Utilize local businesses for catering services. The culinary scene in Kansas City is renowned throughout the US. Take advantage of this by hiring local caterers who serve up unique dishes with regional flair.
- Take advantage of KC's attractions and entertainment options. If you invite guests to your office event, consider incorporating local attractions like going beyond barbecue at KC's best restaurants or taking a tour around town in one of their vintage trolleys.
- Plan for security purposes and other safety measures. Ensure your chosen venue has adequate security and safety protocols before signing any contract or agreement. Additionally, check in with the fire marshal and ensure all applicable codes are met as required by law before hosting your event.
- Incorporate sustainability into your planning process. Sustainable practices should be implemented both during the planning stages and during the execution of the event itself. Choose venues that use materials such as recycled paper products or vendors that use reusable utensils whenever possible.
Famous Locations in Kansas City
- The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures
Located in the heart of Kansas City is a hidden gem that brings out childlike wonder in visitors of all ages. The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures boasts the world's largest collection of finely-crafted miniatures and is also home to one of the nation's most impressive collections of antique toys. Meander through the museum's enchanting exhibits, and you'll encounter tiny but intricate re-creations of everything from historical scenes to contemporary life, all lovingly crafted by skilled artisans. From dollhouses to toy cars, this museum leaves no plaything uncelebrated. It's a must-see for anyone seeking a whimsical escape from the everyday.
- World's Largest Shuttlecocks
In Kansas City, the lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is home to a peculiar sight: four enormous badminton shuttlecocks, each standing at 18 feet tall and weighing 2.5 tons. The oversized birdies, created by husband-and-wife sculptors Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, have been a fixture of the museum's landscape since they were installed in 1994. Despite their size, the shuttlecocks retain the same delicate, feather-like appearance of their smaller counterparts and serve as a playful nod to the joy and whimsy of outdoor games. Visitors to the museum can't resist taking selfies with the giant shuttlecocks, a testament to the enduring appeal of this quirky work of art.
- Treasures of the Steamboat Arabia
One of the most impressive recoveries in American history occurred in Kansas City, where a team of researchers brought up 200 tons of pioneer artifacts from the wreckage of the Steamboat Arabia at the bottom of the Missouri River. The steamboat had sunk in 1856, but its treasures remained largely intact until their rediscovery more than a century later. The haul included everything from tools and weapons to clothing and household items, providing an unparalleled glimpse into the daily lives of people living and traveling in the mid-19th century. The process of recovering and preserving the artifacts was challenging and fascinating, requiring painstaking attention to detail from a team of experts. Today, visitors to the Arabia Steamboat Museum can see the results of that work and explore a unique piece of American history.