About St. Louis
St. Louis, Missouri, is a vibrant city in the Midwest of the United States. Known for its rich history and beautiful architecture, St. Louis is home to a variety of different attractions. With a population of over 296,000, there are plenty of activities to enjoy around the city. The weather in St. Louis is moderate, with hot summers and mild winters, making it an ideal destination year-round. Notable attractions include the iconic Gateway Arch, Forest Park, Busch Stadium, and numerous museums and theaters.
Finding the perfect meeting space to rent in St. Louis can be a challenging endeavor. Luckily, there are a variety of options available to meet your needs. From intimate boardrooms to spacious conference centers, St. Louis has a range of meeting spaces to cater to your unique requirements. Depending on your budget and preferences, you can choose from traditional hotel spaces, modern coworking spaces, or even outdoor venues with a stunning view of the city. Whether you need to impress potential clients or collaborate with team members, you'll find a venue that suits your style and helps you achieve your goals.
Meeting Space Options in St. Louis
For those looking to host a successful meeting or conference in St. Louis, Missouri, hiring a caterer is essential for providing delicious food and refreshments. Caterers here can provide breakfast catering services, snack trays for breaks between sessions, boxed lunches or hot meals at lunchtime, and unique dinner menus in the evening to fuel productive conversations among attendees while impressing them with amazing culinary creations.
- Equipment Rentals
If your meeting requires more specialized equipment than what most venues offer—such as audiovisual equipment or event furniture—consider renting from one of the many rental companies located in St. Louis. Professional equipment rental services have access to high-end technology and accessories such as sound systems, projectors, microphones, and lighting rigs that can all be set up quickly and easily for your gathering without purchasing anything outright.
- Staffing Services
To make sure all elements of your meeting run smoothly while keeping costs down, consider hiring staffing services from a reputable agency in St. Louis. Many agencies specialize in providing experienced hospitality professionals who can act as greeters at the door or bartenders during cocktail hours with guaranteed safety protocols put into place for their protection and yours. A good staffing service also provides well-trained personnel familiar with proper protocol at business meetings and conferences so that everything goes off without a hitch.
Meeting Space Vendors in St. Louis
- Let's Do Lunch Catering
Let's Do Lunch Catering is a team of culinary professionals who are passionate about delivering quality service and exceptional food to their clients. With years of experience under their collective belts, they have perfected the art of creating tempting dishes that will leave a lasting impression on their clients. The team's attention to detail is evident in every aspect of their service, from the quality of ingredients used to the presentation of their dishes.
- Production Support Services
For over 35 years, Production Support Services has been providing top-of-the-line technical support for live event production of every kind. Their state-of-the-art equipment and expertly skilled labor ensure that any event will succeed. Their diverse set of services, such as skilled planning and design, equipment rentals and sales, and labor brokering, make them a true one-stop-shop for all live event production needs. From lighting and sound to video equipment and special effects, Production Support Services is equipped to create a truly unforgettable event for clients both large and small.
- BEST Transportation
BEST Transportation is more than just a premium chauffeured service — it's a family affair. Founded by sisters Kim J. Dolniak and Debbie Rudawsky in 2002, the company has grown into St. Louis' leading transportation provider. Whether it's providing stress-free service for weddings or reliable transportation for corporate clients, BEST has you covered. With a focus on luxury and peace of mind, they'll make sure that your special occasion is memorable for all the right reasons.
Pros and Cons of Meetings in St. Louis
St. Louis, known for its iconic Gateway Arch, is a vibrant city located along the Mississippi River. It offers a unique blend of history, culture, and modern amenities, making it an intriguing location for hosting meetings. However, as with any location, there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider.
- Accessibility: St. Louis is centrally located in the United States, making it relatively easy for attendees from across the country to reach. The city's Lambert-St. Louis International Airport also services numerous flights daily.
- Variety of Venues: From historical landmarks to modern conference centers, St. Louis offers a wide range of meeting venues to suit different needs and preferences.
- Cultural and Recreational Opportunities: The city boasts a rich cultural scene with numerous museums, art galleries, and music venues. It also offers a variety of dining options and recreational activities, providing ample entertainment for attendees during downtime.
- Booking Competition: Popular venues can be booked up well in advance, especially during peak seasons. This requires early planning and might limit flexibility.
- Transportation within the City: While getting to St. Louis might be easy, getting around the city can be challenging. Public transportation is somewhat limited, and traffic can be heavy during peak hours.
- Limited International Flights: While Lambert-St. Louis International Airport services many domestic flights, international attendees have fewer options. This may require additional travel planning for those coming from abroad.
Tips on How to Organize Meetings in St. Louis
Meetings are essential to business, and organizing a successful meeting in St. Louis requires careful preparation and attention to detail. This list of tips can help ensure that your next occasion in St. Louis is productive, efficient, and memorable for all the right reasons:
- Pick an Appropriate Venue: Choosing the right venue for your meeting is one of your most important decisions. Ensure that the space you choose suits the size of your group, has proper amenities, and is easily accessible for everyone involved. Consider the downtown area or some of St. Louis’s many parks if you’re looking for something outdoorsy with plenty of space to spread out.
- Secure Necessary Equipment: Make sure any equipment needed for your meeting is available or secured beforehand. This may include projectors, microphones, whiteboards, etc., depending on what event you’re hosting and how many people will be attending.
- Communicate with Attendees: Send out detailed information about the location and time of your event before the date so attendees know exactly what to expect and where they need to go. Ensure attendees understand precisely why they’ve been invited and what they can expect from the meeting so there are no surprises upon arrival.
Famous Locations in St. Louis
- Castlewood State Park
Castlewood State Park is a beautifully maintained outdoor haven for those looking to hike or bike their way across picturesque trails in the heart of Missouri's St. Louis County. While the park's most visited location lies on the north side of the Meramec River, visitors eager to explore wildlife and recreational facilities can access the south side through Lone Elk County Park. No matter your skill level, Castlewood State Park offers hiking and mountain biking trails that will keep outdoor enthusiasts returning.
- Saint Louis Zoo
The Saint Louis Zoo is more than just a place to view animals; it's a leader in animal management, research, conservation, and education. Recognized by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the zoo boasts an impressive record of maintaining high standards in these areas. But what sets it apart from other zoos? For one, admission is free, thanks to a public subsidy from a cultural tax district. Visitors need to catch the 2 ft narrow-gauge Emerson Zooline Railroad, which circles the zoo's most popular attractions. The zoo's history also dates back to a Smithsonian Institution exhibit bought after the 1904 World's Fair.
- Cathedral Basilica Of Saint Louis
If you're a lover of art and architecture or simply want to explore the city's religious landmarks, the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis should be at the top of your list. Boasting the largest collection of mosaic art in the world, with over 41 million individual tiles, the cathedral is a must-visit destination. The intricacy and expert craftsmanship found in every detail of the basilica will leave you in awe, regardless of your religious background. This magnificent building is undoubtedly a treasure of the city and a stunning example of human creativity and dedication.