Located in the southeastern United States, Atlanta is a city known for its glittering skyline, lush green spaces, and continuously burgeoning entertainment scene. It is home to several well-respected sports teams, including the Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Falcons.
Silicon Peach has a diverse range of neighborhoods, each with its unique character. From the walkable Decatur neighborhood which is close to the downtown area to the trendy Inman Park area; the city’s charming neighborhoods present something for everyone. Still, it’s the rolling hills that sweep most folks off their feet, hence why the city serves as the perfect setting for those getting hitched.
If you are ready to say “I do,” start planning the road to your happily ever after by exploring the best wedding venues in Atlanta.
Unique Weddings Options in Atlanta
Getting hitched presents an image of a happy-filled day with lots of flowers, people you love, and a towering cake to crown it off. Atlanta’s bakeries provide a tasty menu of options, with arrays of flavors and icing choices to choose from. Best still, the cake artists can custom-make uniquely tasty baked goods for your wedding cake table.
- Wedding Decorations
Work with a wedding decorator to transform your chosen space into a truly unique wedding location. Their task is to make everything pretty and create a one-of-a-kind look for your big day. A wedding decorator works with you to understand your vision, figure out how to best implement it, and that includes creating mockup designs.
- Wedding Planner
Working with a planner is a great way to ensure your wedding is everything you've ever dreamed of. Wedding planners in Atlanta have a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which proves highly beneficial when it comes to navigating the city's vast array of wedding vendors.
Your wedding day is unique, so you'll want to equally look your best. Fortunately, Atlanta is blessed with scores of stylists and makeup artists who are ready to glam you up for your big day.
While it might not occur to most people, weddings require a lot of manpower to keep the wheel moving. From ushers who welcome and show guests to their seats to servers who attend to everyone at the reception venue; the big day employs quite a large team. The staffing companies in Atlanta are there to link you up with highly-trained professionals who can assist in various regards on the big day.
Unique Weddings Vendors in Atlanta
- Elicia Bryan Photography
Photos capture a moment in time, and they can be looked back on and shared with others. This is where Elicia Bryan Photography comes in; they are in the business of encapsulating your special occasions. Owner and photographer Elicia Bryan seeks to tell your wedding story through her images. She focuses on what is real because she knows it is the good stuff. The result is a series of beautiful, natural photos you will cherish for years.
- Cakes by Anna
Cakes by Anna started its operations in 2010, and the bakery specializes in delivering custom buttercream cakes. Anna, the owner, takes pride in producing delicious and beautiful cakes. even though she is self-taught. Her passion for cake decorating shines through in her work, and she believes every baked creation should be made with love.
- Cobalt Strings
The Cobalt Strings trio is a group of seasoned and enthusiastic musicians who enjoy what they do. They are available for weddings, special events, corporate gatherings, and recording sessions. The group offers high-quality, colorful music that will add something extra to your event. Cobalt Strings plays several stringed instruments, including classical, bluegrass, and traditional European.
Pros and Cons of Unique Wedding Venues in Atlanta
There are many things to consider when planning a wedding, and each couple has different priorities. Atlanta has plenty to offer, particularly if you are looking for a unique wedding venue. However, there are also some things to remember before making the final decision.
- The food scene in Atlanta is one of its highlights, and your guests will absolutely love digging into the city’s beloved Southern fares and other local delights.
- With a topography ranging from lush greenery to rolling hills; the city provides beautiful settings that also double up as scenic backdrops for weddings.
The mild winters experienced in the city make it possible to host arrays of outdoor occasions, including weddings.
- Traffic is a major challenge when it comes to navigating the city during peak hours.
- July and August experience peak summer temperatures, and it is best to go for a wedding venue with efficient air conditioning systems at this time.
- Everything isn’t within walkable distance, and you will need a car, unless you choose a wedding space in one of the neighborhoods, like Decatur, located near the downtown area.
Tips on How to Organize Unique Weddings in Atlanta
Planning a wedding is a big undertaking, no matter your budget. If you want a truly unique experience that will stand out in your guests' minds, it's essential to consider the details. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- First, choose a theme or style for your wedding. This will help you have a clearly defined vision that should in turn guide every other decision, from the invitations to the décor.
- Once you have a general idea of what you want, start shopping for unique items that fit your theme. You may be surprised at how many one-of-a-kind items you can find if you look in the right places.
- Next, think outside the box when it comes to your wedding venue. If you're open to unconventional locations, you'll have a much more comprehensive range of options. Consider unusual places like warehouses, historic buildings, or even art galleries.
- Finally, ensure your guest list is filled with people who will appreciate your unique wedding vision. When it comes to organizing an unforgettable event, it's all about surrounding yourself with supportive loved ones.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Krog Street Market
Housed within a 1920s warehouse, the Krog Street Market is touted as one of the liveliest and best food halls globally. It features fresh produce stalls, enticing dining establishments, and specialty stores. Presented in a west coast style, the market began its operations in 2014 and it has since become a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Skyview Atlanta
Skyview Atlanta offers panoramic views of the city’s glittering skyline. It is located near the Centennial Olympic Park, and the gigantic Ferris Wheel towers about twenty stories from the ground. The air-conditioned gondolas allow visitors to catch a glimpse of the city’s most important landmarks and buildings.
- CNN Center
CNN, one of the world’s best-known media franchises, is housed within a spectacular building. The center connects with the Georgia Dome, Georgia Conference center, and the Centennial Olympic Park via a food court atrium. Visitors can explore where the magic happens on studio tours which include viewing newsroom galleries and demonstrations of how the technology used at the newsrooms work.