Atlanta, Georgia, is a culturally rich location packed with opportunities. It is home to the Coca-Cola factory and has a great live music scene. Gorgeous parks and gardens dot the city’s landscape, and its downtown brims with restaurants, hotels, and many corporate office buildings.
Atlanta also features a typical southern climate with hot summers and mild winters. And is also considered the financial and commercial capital of the southeast, making the city a perfect place to host an any kind meeting or event.
- Interesting Fact:
Atlanta is home to many historically black colleges, including Morehouse College and Clark Atlanta University.
Meeting Options in Atlanta
Make your Atlanta meeting a success with the help of some of the city’s vendors and services.
When it’s time to serve up some food, consider hiring one of Atlanta's catering companies. Cuisine options are diverse and range from authentic Southern barbecue and traditional tacos to simple sandwiches and snacks.
- Corporate Decor
Promote creativity and conversation by sprucing up your Atlanta meeting venue. Add centerpieces, floral arrangements, or fabric backdrops with the help of one of the corporate decor companies in Atlanta.
Atlanta’s international airport and public transit systems enable guests to get around to anywhere in the city with ease.
Technology is essential for a modern meeting or conference. In the planning process, devote time to search for the correct technological tools needed for the meeting to run smoothly. It’s detrimental for a meeting to have technical problems, so make sure no electronic detail is left unchecked.
- Equipment rental: Meetings need supplies. Seating, projectors, stages, and many more items are essential to the success of your conference. Look into renting equipment from around the area for all of your technological and structural needs.
Essential Meeting Companies in Atlanta
Atlanta offers a number of services you can partner with when planning out all the details of your meeting event.
This company has over 40 years of experience in corporate catering in the Atlanta, Georgia area, and can provide the best quality meals and service for your important meeting.
Founded in 2014, GHI Catering is a full-service catering company offering clients in the Atlanta area customized menu plans and party entertainment services. Its catering team provides gourmet food for special events including weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, parties, and corporate lunches
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (otherwise known as MARTA) is the principal public transport operator in the Atlanta metropolitan area. MARTA is available during convenient hours for your guests’ transportation needs, and is also accessible to all meeting guests.
Atlanta AV Rentals & Services
Since 2003, Atlanta AV has been a trusted Atlanta AV company for audio visual production services, staging solutions, AV equipment rentals, and more. They can assist you with your Altanta meeting with everything from equipment setup to management and teardown. You can rely on them to ensure your meeting is a success.
Pros and Cons of Hosting Meetings in Atlanta
Atlanta is a center for business and commerce. It is certainly an excellent place to promote the discussion of new ideas in a meeting setting. However, there are certain drawbacks to hosting a meeting in any large city.
- Location: As the capital of commerce in the southeast, Atlanta is the perfect place to hold an important meeting or conference.
- Culture: There is no doubt that meeting guests will be inspired by the rich history and culture of the city of Atlanta. Not only is it a historic place, but it also has a vibrant contemporary culture.
- Activities: There are many live music events to attend as well as multitudes of interesting restaurants and shops in the city. Meeting guests will never be short of things to do after the get-together.
- Transportation: Not only is the city home to an international airport, but it also has an expansive public transit system allowing for guests to get to the meeting easily.
- Accessibility: Many of Atlanta’s main attractions are rated as very accessible by top accessibility guide websites. Every meeting guest will be able to enjoy what the city has to offer.
- Popularity: Since Atlanta is such a center for business, it can be difficult to book there.
- Location: Similarly, the location of Atlanta is great for meeting spaces and fills up quickly due to the dense population. It’s a good idea to book weeks or months in advance.
- Traffic: As the center of the state, Atlanta’s traffic can be fairly brutal, especially during rush hours.
Famous Meeting Locations in Atlanta
- Galleria 314: This industrial setting is a creative and modern space for a meeting. It challenges traditional venue norms and certainly promotes new ideas with its unique style.
- Loudermilk Conference Center: Ideal for larger meetings, this space is highly popular in Atlanta for holding conferences. It features built-in equipment and food services convenient for ease in the planning process.
- Davinci Meeting Rooms: This service offers a variety of smaller-scale rooms for intimate meetings. They are easier to book than other venues and often have built-in projection or television screens to use.