Savannah is an enchanting, historic city located between the Savannah River and the Atlantic Ocean in Southeast Georgia. It is known for its stunning architecture, lovely parks with sprawling live oak trees draped with Spanish moss, and beautiful cobblestone streets. The weather in Savannah is typically mild, with cooling sea breezes blowing across the marshlands that make up much of the surrounding countryside.
Savannah’s unique history and culture add to its charm and appeal, making it a popular destination for meetings and events all year round. Hosting events here can be a great way to provide attendees with an experience they won’t forget. With its picturesque waterfront scenery, genteel Southern hospitality, beloved historical sites, delicious cuisine, eclectic nightlife scene, and numerous luxury hotels, there’s something for everyone in this coastal city.
Not only does Savannah offer a variety of attractive venues for meetings or conferences including convention centers, but it also has state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, professional event planners who are well versed on local customs, beautiful public spaces to visit, galleries exhibiting world-renowned art collections, plus many other attractions that draw visitors to its charming streets. With all these benefits combined, it's no wonder why Savannah is becoming one of America’s premier meeting destinations.
Meeting Space Options in Savannah
- Event Coordinator
Hiring an event coordinator can be beneficial for organizing a meeting space gathering in Savannah. Event coordinators are well-versed in the planning process and can help organize every aspect of the occasion such as venue selection, catering, decor, transportation, audiovisual equipment rentals, security, and any other services needed for a successful affair. Additionally, they have access to resources that are not available to the public and can help manage the budget effectively.
Catering services provide meals to guests during a meeting space event in Savannah. These services offer a wide range of menu options from light refreshments to full-course meals. Depending on the size of the group and the type of cuisine desired by the host, catering companies can design custom menus that meet various dietary restrictions or cultural considerations.
- Photographers & Videographers
Photographers and videographers capture moments of a meeting space event in Savannah so they can be remembered forever. Professional photographers use top-quality equipment to ensure quality photos that look good blown up large as well as on social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook. Videographers record footage throughout an event in order to create videos after the fact that capture all of the highlights from an unforgettable day or evening spent with friends and family.
- Transportation Services
Transportation services are important when organizing a meeting space event in Savannah because they provide reliable transportation for both guests and staff alike. These companies offer different types of vehicles depending on how many people need to be transported at once such as limousines or buses if there is a large group of people attending an event together. Additionally, transportation services may also provide parking lot attendants who are able to direct cars where they need to go upon arrival at the venue safely and efficiently.
Meeting Space Vendors in Savannah
- Kate Morrison Photography
Kate Morrison is a professional photographer who has been capturing life's beauty since 2010. Her portfolio boasts a diverse range of subjects photographed in countless settings, showcasing her talent for capturing the essence and unique qualities of each person. She pays close attention to detail when capturing photos, and offers a personalized experience for each client. She aims to work closely with each client and bring out the natural and comfortable essence of each person’s character. She has honed her craft to be able to capture people’s authentic emotions in every shot.
- Savannah Black Car & Shuttle
Savannah Black Car & Shuttle is a transportation solution company serving clients all over Savannah. Established in 2014, this licensed and bonded company offers reliable, clean, and secure transit options for their clients. Not only that, but their drivers are always well-groomed and professional, ensuring a secure and safe experience for passengers. They offer a variety of solutions, from airport pickups to lifts to business meetings, making them a great option to consider if you need transportation options in Savannah.
- Savannah Event Catering
Savannah Event Catering is a professional catering service in Savannah that has been in business for years. They offer freshly made cuisine and timely service that makes them a great option to consider. The expert team is equipped to cater to all kinds of events, be it intimate weddings, corporate gatherings, or more significant celebrations. The knowledgeable and well-trained staff are always dressed to impress and provide an air of professionalism at every function they cater. Whether it's a lavish affair or an intimate gathering, Savannah Event Catering is a versatile catering team to consider employing for all of your catering needs.
Pros and Cons of Meeting Spaces in Savannah
Hosting a meeting space event in Savannah can be a great way to bring together guests and colleagues for any special occasion or corporate planning. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor venue, a romantic ballroom, or an intimate private function space, Savannah offers a wide variety of options to choose from. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of hosting your meeting space events in Savannah:
- Savannah offers hosts a wide variety of venue choices that are capable of catering to any shape or size of event.
- Some venues provide amenities like catering, audiovisual equipment, and onsite event staff, which can greatly benefit your budget.
- Savannah is a city located close to an airport, so it’s an easily accessible location to host. The ease of access will motivate people to make their way over from out of town.
- Certain spaces don’t offer extra equipment, meaning that hosts will have to rent from outside sources. This can make it more time-consuming to set up and troubleshoot audiovisual gear.
- Some spaces book up fast during the peak tourism season, so you may need to book in advance. Certain spaces require months of planning in advance in order to be reserved.
- Depending on the venue, parking may not be easily accessible. This can make it harder for guests to attend your meeting, and deter some from making the trip out.
Tips on How to Organize Meeting Spaces in Savannah
Organizing a successful meeting event in Savannah can seem like an intimidating task. Fortunately, there are several tips you can follow to help ensure your meeting runs smoothly and is enjoyable for everyone involved. Here are some of the key tips for organizing an event in Savannah:
- Research and confirm the best location for your meeting. Keeping in mind the size of your group as well as its purpose, find a meeting space that will work for you. Consider both indoor spaces such as hotels and conference centers and outdoor spaces like parks or squares.
- Book your space well ahead of time. Availability may be limited, depending on the season, so plan accordingly and make sure you book early enough to avoid any last-minute issues with availability.
- Take advantage of Savannah's full range of services when planning your affair. From catering to decoration services, these can all be organized for you through local businesses that specialize in event management.
- Check out local venues that offer special packages designed specifically for meetings and events in Savannah, such as special menus, audiovisual equipment rentals, or discounts on tickets to attractions in the city.
- Make sure you look into transportation options before finalizing your plans. Consider shuttle buses, taxi services, or even bike rental companies if available near your chosen venue.
Famous Locations in Savannah
- The Waving Girl
In the picturesque city of Savannah, there is a statue that embodies the spirit of hospitality. The statue of The Waving Girl stands tall as a tribute to a woman who dedicated 44 years of her life to greeting passing ships with a wave and a smile. It's a unique tribute to someone who welcomed strangers with open arms and a kind heart. The monument serves as a reminder to all who visit that even the smallest gesture of kindness can leave a lasting impact.
- Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park is a 30-acre city park in the historic district of Savannah, Georgia. It’s a beautiful place to detach from the hustle of the city and enjoy some relaxing and recreational activities. It was originally a smaller park built in the 1840s with the aim of creating a plot of natural land for the enjoyment of the public. The park was officially established at around the same time as the city of Savannah began to grow in population, and it has been well-maintained by the city since then. The park presents places to sit and relax as well as various sports fields and amenities. There are also a couple of memorial statues, one for the Spanish-American War, and another for the Civil War. It’s a beautiful park worth visiting for anyone visiting the city.
- Savannah Powder Magazine
Nestled among the oak trees and moss of Savannah is an abandoned powder magazine with a story to tell. This former munitions storage facility, with its thick brick walls and unique architecture, stands as a testament to a time when military strategy relied heavily on centralized storage and carefully guarded secrets. During its time, it was able to hold up to 96,000 pounds of black powder and 8,500 pounds of dynamite. Its history is as rich as its design: from serving as a prison in the Civil War to surviving natural disasters and the passage of time. The Savannah Powder Magazine is a fascinating and unique slice of history, waiting to be explored.