About Nature Spaces
Nature space venues are becoming increasingly popular for hosting various events, such as weddings, corporate retreats, and outdoor festivals. These outdoor spaces feature natural beauty, fresh air, and stunning views that can't be experienced in an indoor venue. They provide the perfect backdrop for special occasions and often have amenities such as seating, fire pits, or even stone pathways.
Nature space venues have numerous benefits to offer event planners. The natural environment helps set a relaxed mood while providing the perfect backdrop for people to connect and mingle. Additionally, these spaces are usually quite secluded, giving guests privacy to enjoy their time away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Moreover, many nature venues provide a wide range of activities, including archery, fishing, canoeing, and more, adding an extra element of fun to any gathering.
Furthermore, nature space venues often have basic infrastructure such as restrooms and power outlets for catering services or sound systems. Depending on the location, some spaces may also feature pavilions or cabins where attendees can rest and relax away from the sun or rain. Finally, these locations tend to be cost-effective compared to traditional event venues since many don’t require additional decorations or upgrades since they already have their unique beauty.
The Best Events for Nature Spaces
- Birdwatching Trip
A birdwatching trip can be the perfect event to host in a nature space venue. Guests can explore the local wildlife while surrounded by nature's beauty. Depending on the season, they can observe migratory birds and native species. The event could include bird walks, lectures about birds and their habitats, and crafts related to birds. To make each experience more enjoyable, hosts could provide binoculars and field guides to help guests identify different species.
- Outdoor Movie Night
For an evening of entertainment under the stars, an outdoor movie night could be a great option for a nature space venue. Guests can sit back and relax while watching their favorite films projected on a large screen outdoors. Depending on the desired event type, hosts could prepare some fun activities related to the movie, like trivia games or themed decorations. If food is needed for this activity, snacks and refreshments such as popcorn and drinks should be served.
- Yoga Retreat
A yoga retreat in a natural space venue could be what people need to disconnect from stressful routines and relax in a peaceful environment. During the retreat, guests will have plenty of opportunities to practice yoga poses surrounded by nature. The session could include meditation practices and healthy meals from nearby farms or markets prepared with fresh ingredients.
- Picnic Gathering
A picnic gathering is a fun way to get together with friends or family in a nature space venue for an afternoon of food and laughter. Each guest can bring their favorite dishes to share with everyone else and spend quality time outdoors admiring the natural beauty around them. To add more fun to this activity, hosts can provide outdoor games such as frisbee or bocce ball, which are easy to set up anywhere in nature spaces and perfect for any weather conditions if it rains unexpectedly during the event day.
What to Look for in Nature Spaces
The location of the venue can have a significant impact on the success of your event. It is important to consider factors such as accessibility, transportation options, and nearby attractions of nature space venues chosen. Additionally, enquire whether the nature space venue provides enough parking spaces for guests and if any nearby accommodations or restaurants may be helpful to participants.
- Safety and Security
When hosting an event in a nature space, it is crucial to take into account all safety and security considerations. This includes evaluating the risk of weather hazards, fire hazards, wild animals, poisonous plants or insects, hazardous terrains such as cliffs or depressions, or potential crime in the area. The presence of lifeguards or park rangers should also be taken into account when selecting a nature space venue.
Depending on your event requirements, you should evaluate what amenities are available at each nature space venue you consider. This includes access to restrooms, food and beverage services, seating arrangements for guests and staff members, electricity for music systems or other needs for your event setup, wireless internet availability for any audio-visual presentations you may have planned, etc.
Check the budget allocated for your event space selection. Nature space venues can vary significantly in cost depending on various factors such as their size and location. Hence it is essential to compare different venues in terms of price before making a final decision. Additionally, remember to factor in additional costs associated with permits or insurance policies required by specific venues due to their remote locations.
How to Make Nature Events Better
- Utilize the natural environment: When hosting a nature space event, it is important to use the existing environment. Rather than setting up arbitrary decorations or props that may be disruptive to wildlife in the area, try creatively using existing plant life and terrain features. This could include utilizing trees for shade or leveraging open fields for a large gathering.
- Consider local wildlife: Before the event, survey the area for any local animals who may call it home. If necessary, create barriers that will keep people from entering sensitive areas. Additionally, ensure that all trash and materials are removed after the event to not disrupt animal habitats or endanger nearby creatures.
- Ensure safety: Safety measures must be taken when hosting an event in a natural space. Establish boundaries and restrict access points where appropriate to prevent guests from getting lost or hurt while exploring. Have plenty of first aid supplies, and consider hiring guards if necessary.
- Strategically plan activities: Take into account how specific activities might affect the surrounding environment when planning your event’s agenda. For example, if you plan on having campfires, only build them in spots where they won’t start a wildfire or damage plants nearby.
- Use eco-friendly supplies: Wherever possible, opt for materials and products that are made from sustainable sources and are easily recyclable or compostable. This includes everything from utensils for food to decorations for seating arrangements. Additionally, replace plastic cups with reusable water bottles or mugs whenever possible.