Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is an iconic city in the Northeastern United States, known for its rich history and culture. It is a major business center with many thriving commercial office spaces throughout the city. From high-profile skyscrapers to cozy corner workspaces, Philadelphia offers a wide variety of office spaces to suit any professional's needs.
The city also boasts warm summers and beautiful autumn foliage, accompanied by crisp winter snows that make for a truly enchanting backdrop during events or corporate meetings. As one of the largest cities on the East Coast, Philadelphia is easily accessible from other major US cities and beyond due to its extensive public transportation system, convenient highways, and international airport.
When it comes to hosting events, Philadelphia has got you covered with a range of commercial office spaces available for your next gathering. Whether you're looking for a cozy space for an intimate meeting or a grand hall for a conference, there's a venue to suit every need. From state-of-the-art technology to stunning decor, these spaces offer first-class amenities and services that will enhance your event experience.
Commercial Office Options in Philadelphia
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
For any business event in Philadelphia, the superior choice for a professional experience is audio/visual equipment rental. For any successful event, rental services offer the best solution for acquiring sound systems, TVs, projectors, and other A/V equipment.
Hiring a florist can be an excellent choice for those looking to add color and life to their commercial office event in Philadelphia. Florists can provide a variety of stunning arrangements that will inject life and beauty into the venue.
Bringing in cleaning experts is key to guaranteeing your event space stays spotless — from the main areas to bathrooms and other secondary zones. Moreover, with minimum fuss or delay, post-event deep cleans can be provided so that everything reverts to exactly as it was before.
Commercial Office Vendors in Philadelphia
- 340 Sound
340 Sound provides exceptional sound solutions that will make any corporate gathering one-of-a-kind. The company offers a great selection of Industry Standard DJ hardware from Allen & Heath Searto, Pioneer, and Technics, with high-quality self-powered and passive full-range speakers and subwoofers from Mackie, EAW, and QSC. And for all necessary live sound requirements, their stands, microphones, mixing boards, and DI boxes will ensure nothing is out of tune at your commercial event.
- Elegant Events Florist
The experts at Elegant Events Florist have been making corporate events, special occasions, and weddings come alive for over 20 years. They offer affordable prices for premier bouquets, flowers, and other floral arrangements. Their floor-to-ceiling decor options also bring the perfect brightness to any gathering, whether you're looking for pristine table linens and lighting or a statement-making draping or rental item.
- HiShine Cleaning Service
With Hi Shine cleaning services, personal attention, and dedicated teams, the company will ensure that your facilities shine from top to bottom. As a certified women-owned business, fully licensed and insured, you can trust in their professionalism and commitment to excellence. Founded in 2007, Hi Shine has grown to a workforce of over 30 team members and has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Pros and Cons of Commercial Office Spaces in Philadelphia
The Philadelphia region boasts a vibrant event-hosting scene, offering a wide variety of venues to suit whatever needs you may have. Hosting events in commercial office spaces can be an attractive option as it offers several advantages for event planners. Here are some of the pros and cons of hosting events in commercial office spaces in Philadelphia:
- Cost savings — Commercial office spaces are often more affordable than other event venues, allowing you to keep costs down without sacrificing quality or amenities.
- Flexibility — These spaces offer room for customization and design to fit any type of occasion.
- Accessible location — Most locations are conveniently located near major highways and public transportation options, making them easily accessible for guests.
- Limited capacity — Commercial office spaces typically have smaller capacities due to their size, so they may not be suitable for larger-scale events.
- Amenities — While many venues offer basic amenities such as tables and chairs, they may not provide additional features like audio-visual equipment or catering services needed for certain types of meetings.
- Parking availability — Depending on the building’s location, parking spots may be limited or even nonexistent at locations.
Tips on How to Organize Events in Commercial Office Spaces in Philadelphia
Organizing events in commercial office spaces in Philadelphia can be a daunting task, but with the right planning and preparation, you can make sure your event is successful and runs smoothly. Here are some tips to help you organize your occasion in the best way.
- Choose the Right Space: Make sure you select an appropriate space for your event that provides enough room for your guests comfortably. Consider factors such as size, amenities, and accessibility when selecting a venue.
- Create a Detailed Plan: Develop a comprehensive plan outlining all key aspects of the gathering from start to finish including start time, end time, what type of equipment you need, etc.
- Consider Logistics: Think through the logistics of your meeting such as catering needs, seating arrangements, audio-visual requirements, etc.
- Establish Your Budget: Establishing a budget is one of the most important steps when organizing an event so make sure to do it early on in the process. This will help ensure that you stay within your spending limit.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- The Golden Gal of Old Madison Square Garden
Standing tall at its entrance, resplendent in gilt which glittered in the sunlight, was the Golden Statue that came to be known as 'The Golden Gal of Old Madison Square Garden.' This magnificent figure symbolized the highest point of New York's extravagance and luxury. It was hard to miss; a 30-foot high masterpiece — which had cost a fortune and taken multiple years to create — of an angel carrying two staffs, one with a grasshopper perched atop it. As the second Madison Square Garden faded into memory, the shining statue remains its lasting legacy — a reminder of grandeur from its past glory days.
- Grave of Thomas Wiltberger Evans
Nestled among the angels and cradle graves, a 150-foot obelisk towers above the quaint Victorian graveyard. This monument marks the grave of Thomas Wiltberger Evans — dentist to European royalty, courtier, Philadelphia native, and medical pioneer. His life was far from ordinary. The New York Times reported that he "had one of the most remarkable careers of any American in Europe" and served as an envoy between royal figures. Dr. Evans was well acquainted with Empress Eugenie and aided her in escaping an angry mob after her husband's capture sent the Second French Empire into collapse. His dentist's chair was also conveniently used to pass secret messages from monarch to monarch — all while Evans stood there resplendently dressed.
- Pizza Brain's Museum of Pizza Culture
Since 2012, Pizza Brain has been a unique museum-restaurant combo that celebrates the best of pizza culture. Discover a world of pizza-inspired nostalgia at Pizza Brain in Fishtown, Philadelphia. You'll find an unparalleled collection of memorabilia from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sporting Pizza Hut sweaters, slice-shaped remote controls, and records with pies printed on the covers. Founder Ken Biancamano's enormous collection is continually growing as visitors from around the world add to it. The restaurant serves delicious specialty pizzas made with locally sourced ingredients, allowing patrons to enjoy their favorite food while surrounded by its rich cultural history.