Philadelphia is a beautiful city located in the Northeastern United States. It is the largest city in Pennsylvania, and it’s home to over 1.5 million people. Philadelphia is perhaps most famously known for being the birthplace of American democracy and it was here during the Revolutionary War that many key battles were fought and won by American forces.
Philadelphia is a go-to destination for couples looking to celebrate their special day in style. In particular, the city boasts a wide range of picturesque garden venues perfect for hosting sensory-rich bridal showers. The city offers a unique mix of venues that accommodate a range of wedding styles and sizes. These outdoor locations are sure to provide a breathtaking backdrop for any gathering, with ample space to accommodate food, drinks, and mingling with loved ones. Whether you're looking for a venue with ample gardens or one with the perfect balance of rustic charm and modern sophistication, you're sure to find a space that fits your taste and budget in Philadelphia.
Garden Bridal Shower Options in Philadelphia
Hiring a DJ for a garden bridal shower in Philadelphia can provide an atmosphere of excitement and entertainment. A DJ can help create the perfect mood for the celebration by playing a variety of music, from classic wedding tunes to modern-day pop songs. They can also provide MC services to make sure your guests are having a great time. Philadelphia has a great selection of DJs to choose from, all of who specialize in making sure your occasion is one-of-a-kind.
- Photo Booths
Adding a photo booth to your garden bridal shower is a great way to capture special moments with friends and family. Philly-area companies provide different types of booths, from classic enclosed cabins to open-air ones, for every budget. The booths offer a variety of props and backdrops, as well as prints that are instant keepsakes for your guests. Your guests can also have their photos sent directly to their phones or social media accounts.
- Food and Drinks
No garden party is complete without the food and drinks! Philadelphia offers a variety of catering companies that specialize in creating delicious meals for bridal showers. From cupcakes to finger foods, there’s something for everyone. And if you want to have the food prepared onsite, many catering companies have mobile kitchens that can be set up in the garden. Furthermore, if you want to add a little something extra, many local beer and wine suppliers can provide an assortment of beverages to keep your guests happy.
Garden Bridal Shower Vendors in Philadelphia
M3.Catering is a reliable and trusted catering company with a passion for bringing the highest quality standards to the industry. They understand that good customer experience goes beyond straightforward delivery—it’s about showcasing your brand, business, and vision in the details too. M3.Catering lives and breathes that mission, from its personalized menus to its commitment to providing an unforgettable dining experience every time. They take pride in their professionalism and strive to give each customer fresh, delicious meals crafted by their inventive culinary team.
- Crown Yourself Entertainment
Crown Yourself Entertainment is dedicated to helping you create lasting memories. With their years of experience and attention to detail, they provide DJ/ MC Services, Lighting, Sound Engineering, and Photo Booth services to make sure your special occasion runs smoothly. From weddings and baby showers to birthdays and corporate events — they strive to be the entertainment that you desire. Crown Yourself Entertainment makes it easy by providing a free consultation session where they can discuss your event needs.
- The Exceptions
The Exceptions have truly earned their title of over-achievers. The music group, ranging from 24 to 62 years old, has been consistently performing wedding receptions, private parties, casinos, and clubs for the last 50 years. The longevity of four out of the six original members is a testament to their exceptional skills — they’ve been playing together for an admirable 35 years now. With their growing reputation and thousands of attended events under The Exceptions’ belt, it's no wonder they're an instant hit everywhere they go.
Pros and Cons of Garden Bridal Showers in Philadelphia
If you are planning a beautiful garden bridal shower in Philadelphia, there are several things to take into account for making it a memorable success:
- Accessibility: Guests from all around the region will have easy access to the city via public transportation and car travel, making attending the event more convenient for them.
- Variety: Many different venues offer unique experiences for garden bridal showers in Philadelphia, such as botanical gardens or historic homes with lush gardens on their grounds.
- Convenience: Many vendors offering catering services, décor rentals, entertainment options, etc., can be found in one place within the city itself, allowing you to easily access what you need in stop shop style.
- Restrictions: Some public spaces have restrictions or permits required for events, so it may be difficult to find a suitable location.
- Insects: Depending on the venue chosen, there may be a greater chance of insect presence — like bees and other pests.
- Noise: Garden venues in Philadelphia may be subject to excessive noise from outside sources, like construction or traffic. Moreover, if your celebration is too noisy, you may be fined for disturbing the peace.
Tips on How to Organize Garden Bridal Showers in Philadelphia
If you’re looking to plan the perfect garden bridal shower in Philadelphia, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose a Garden Venue: The first step is to find an appropriate garden venue suitable for the size and type of event. Consider options such as botanic gardens, conservatories, or private residences with landscaped gardens that can accommodate larger groups.
- Determine a Budget: Before making any decisions about decorations and catering, be sure to set and stick to a budget so that all costs are accounted for, including rental fees, catering services, and permits if needed.
- Select Decorations & Catering: Choose decorations and centerpieces that match the theme of the bridal shower and coordinate with the venue's garden setting. For food and drinks, opt for light refreshments like finger foods or high tea-style treats that guests can enjoy while mingling outdoors.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Foucault Pendulum at the Franklin Institute
Each day, the beautiful Foucault Pendulum of the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia offers a captivating demonstration that illustrates the planet's rotation. Over 150 years ago, French physicist Léon Foucault elegantly proved the Earth's rotational motion with an experiment that involved a bit of carpentry and plenty of calculation. He hung a 67-foot pendulum from the ceiling of the Paris Observatory, directly above an inscribed protractor. Although it appeared that over a day, the pendulum had changed direction, what was rotating was the Earth below it. Since then, science museums around the world have been delighted in showcasing this experiment; even a replica of Foucault’s original hangs in Paris Pantheon today.
- Reliance Triangle
Surrounded by Fairmount Park and situated near the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Perelman building annex, sits Reliance Triangle, a pocket park you may not have known existed. Equipped with several family-dedicated benches, this unique park also features an over-life-sized sculpture of a Bullmastiff on a limestone and concrete base. Commissioned in 1989 by Victoria Davila and aptly named “Gamekeeper's Night Dog”, the statue is perfect for those leisurely strolls along Kelly Drive or family days out to the museum.
- Pennsylvania Hospital Garden
One of America’s oldest sites of medical care exists today in Philadelphia—the Pennsylvania Hospital. After its founding in 1755, the hospital has been a medical pioneer and served as the first American hospital. On Pine Street between 8th and 9th, Pine Building is still in use today and at the back of the building visitors can find a stunning garden with azaleas, wisteria, and towering colorful trees that date from the hospital’s origins. A quiet reminder of courage and leadership stands at the center of this picturesque enclave—a statue of William Penn provided to the hospital by his grandson. So for those looking for peace away from their everyday hustle, the Pennsylvania Hospital Garden has something special; come visit to experience it.