From the famous Liberty Bell to Philadelphia's renowned cheesesteaks and pretzels, a trip to Philly promises countless iconic experiences. Situated on the east coast of America near New York City and Washington D.C., this wonderful city has something for everyone — its rich history, cultural diversity, art galleries, and delicious cuisine... all make it an unforgettable destination!
Philadelphia is the ideal city to have your wedding shower, with a plethora of options for venues. Whether you need an intimate room or something larger to fit everyone in attendance, there's sure to be a fitting spot. Besides offering plenty of space and atmosphere choices, Philadelphia is conveniently located for out-of-town guests. Finally, visitors can enjoy all that Philly has to offer — from sightseeing opportunities and unique attractions before or after the event! There's truly no better way for couples to get married in The City Of Brotherly Love than having their special day celebrated here!
Wedding Shower Options in Philadelphia
- Event Planner
Hiring a professional event planner can help take the stress off of you and ensure that everything runs smoothly. They can handle all aspects of the event, from coordinating vendors to designing a layout and timeline.
Through carefully crafted themes and decorations, table settings, and lighting — you can bring your vision to life with an atmosphere that will be remembered long after the event ends. Choose a theme that resonates with those attending, then create stunning visuals using decorations.
Furthermore, the food and drinks you provide can be just as important in enhancing the event's atmosphere. A good caterer can whip up something special that your guests won't be able to resist — truly making it an occasion to remember!
Wedding Shower Vendors in Philadelphia
- Journeys of the Heart
When it comes to your wedding ceremony, you should have it exactly the way you want it. That's where Journeys of the Heart comes in! They are a non-denominational ceremonial ministry service that will craft a ceremony based on your specific wishes. The company appreciates the uniqueness of each person they serve, and the team will create a ceremony that reflects your beliefs, style, and personality. They've been doing this since 1996, and they have thousands of happy customers throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
- Petals Florist and Decorators
Exceptional customer service is at the heart of Petals Florist & Decorator's business philosophy, with each client receiving personalized attention to help create the perfect vision for their event. The team of passionate designers has extensive experience in creating stunning and unique arrangements that will make your occasion truly remarkable. They understand that no two clients are the same and strive to put your individual personality and style into every floral arrangement they deliver.
- M2 Photography
M2 is a studio of creatives who work together to provide the best possible experience for their clients. The team believes that the only way to tell a genuine and beautiful story is to build lasting relationships with the people they work with. Every photographer gets to know clients on both a professional and personal level so that they can understand their needs and provide the best possible service. M2 Photography will do everything to put you at ease and capture your authentic love story in the most natural way possible.
Pros and Cons of Wedding Showers in Philadelphia
Wedding showers are a great way to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of two people in love. Hosting a shower in Philadelphia presents the happy couple with many advantages and potential disadvantages.
- The city provides many venues and vendors specializing in wedding events. From chick spaces to spacious lofts, there is something for every style and budget.
- With its close proximity to New York, Washington D.C., and other major cities, Philadelphia is easy to access for out-of-town guests attending the shower.
- The city boasts exceptional catering options for any themed event. Experienced caterers provide delicious foods tailored to fit the couple’s taste buds perfectly.
- Depending on the time of year, the weather can be unpredictable, providing difficulties when seeking outdoor venues or transportation services for large groups.
- Due to tourism and the high demand for wedding services hosting a wedding event in this city is slightly difficult, as your preferred place may be booked.
- Parking can also be an issue depending on where the venue is located, as downtown traffic can create complications when trying to arrive at the same time or park large vehicles near smaller venues.
Tips on How to Organize Wedding Showers in Philadelphia
Philadelphia is a beautiful city to host a wedding shower. Many locations would be perfect to have a lovely event. If you are considering hosting a shower in Philadelphia, here are some tips to make sure your event goes smoothly:
- First, consider the time of year you would like to have the shower. Spring and summer are popular times for weddings, so you may have to book your venue well in advance if you want to have your shower during those months. Fall and winter can also be nice times to visit Philadelphia, and you may find that venues are less booked up during those seasons.
- Next, decide what kind of atmosphere you would like for your shower. Philadelphia has a lot of historic locations that would make for a unique event, or you could choose a more modern venue if that is what you prefer. There are many options available, so take some time to look around and find the perfect place for your shower.
- Finally, start planning out the details of the event. Make sure to send out invitations in plenty of time so that your guests can make travel arrangements if needed. You will also need to plan the menu and drinks, as well as any activities or games you would like to include. With some careful planning, you can throw an amazing wedding shower that your guests will always remember.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens is a must-see for anyone interested in art, mosaics, or simply unique and beautiful spaces. The brainchild of artist Isaiah Zagar, the gardens are an ever-evolving display of his stunning mosaic work. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens led by Zagar himself, or sign up for a mosaic workshop to learn from the master. The gardens are also an important part of Philadelphia history, serving as a preserve for Zagar’s work and as a reminder of the vibrant South Street community of which he has been a part for over 50 years.
- The Liberty Bell
In 1751, Speaker of the Pennsylvania Assembly Isaac Norris made a fateful order from the Whitechapel Foundry in London — an iconic bell to ring in the tower of the Pennsylvania State House. What began as an ordinary signal soon took on a powerful meaning for all of America — for when local metalworkers cast their replacement at the request of Norris, they inscribed on it the timeless words Proclaim Liberty Throughout All The Land Unto All The Inhabitants Thereof. This State House bell was transformed into the symbol of freedom we now know and revere as the Liberty Bell.
- Christ Church
Christ Church is a historic landmark in Philadelphia that is known for its ties to the American Revolution. The church was the tallest building in North America at the time of its construction and served as an important gathering place for colonial Americans. Today, the church is a popular tourist destination, drawing more than 105,000 visitors each year. Christ Church burial ground is a top attraction for tourists because Founding Father Benjamin Franklin and other early American leaders are buried there. Visitors can explore the church grounds and learn about its significance in American history.