Philadelphia, located on the East Coast of the United States in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is a vibrant and diverse city full of historical significance. As the birthplace of America’s founding fathers and home to important historical landmarks like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, Philadelphia has plenty to offer visitors.
In addition, Philadelphia has earned its nickname “the City of Brotherly Love” thanks to its friendly people, delicious food scene, and eclectic culture. With four distinct seasons spent among rolling hills, lush parks, riverside trails, and cobblestone streets—there is always something new to explore in Philly!
High school reunions are an excellent opportunity for friends from all over the country to come together in one place and reconnect. With so much to do in Philadelphia, from touring iconic attractions such as The Barnes Foundation or experiencing one-of-a-kind events like the annual Mummers Parade, there's something for everyone! You can also take a riverboat cruise along the Delaware River or a cozy wintertime stroll through Fairmount Park.
Plus, with plenty of budget-friendly hotels and restaurants around town, it’s easy to find affordable lodging or great eats without breaking your wallet. Whether you’re looking for a weekend adventure or a long-term stay, you can’t go wrong by hosting a high school reunion in Philadelphia!
High School Reunion Options in Philadelphia
When planning your high school reunion, don't forget to capture all the memories with the help of an experienced photographer. Professional photographers in Philadelphia will be able to take group and individual shots of your classmates, as well as photos of the reunion party itself. This is a great way to commemorate the event and share memories long after the reunion is over.
Bartenders in Philadelphia can provide drinks for your guests, as well as help keep the party flowing smoothly. They can also provide bartending services for any reunion after-parties you may host.
Catering is a must for any large event like a high school reunion. By hiring an experienced catering company in Philadelphia, you'll be able to relax and enjoy the party while the professionals take care of everything food-related. They'll provide a variety of dishes that will please everyone's taste buds, and they will set up and clean up after the meal.
Balloons are a great way to add some fun to your high school reunion party. Balloon artists in Philadelphia can create custom balloons for your event, adding a personal touch that your guests will love. From simple balloons in shades of blue and silver to elaborate balloon sculptures, there's something for everyone.
Music is an important part of any party, and it's especially important at a high school reunion. Hiring a music vendor is the perfect way to make sure your party has just the right vibe. You can choose from a variety of music options in Philadelphia, including DJs, live bands, and karaoke machines.
High School Reunion Vendors in Philadelphia
- Dino's Party Center
Dino's Party Center has been providing quality balloon decor for residents of South Philadelphia and the surrounding area since 1980. Dino’s started out as a paper product wholesaler, but when local neighbors started asking them to sell smaller quantities and different colors, they decided to open a party store. Not only can you find balloon arches, centerpieces, bouquets, and sculptures, but Dino’s store also stocks a huge range of essential party supplies. Check out the full inventory of party products today.
- DJ HeadRush
Planning an event can be a daunting task, but DJ HeadRush is here to make it easy. DJ HeadRush offers premier DJ services as well as lighting and special effects, mirror and LED photo booths, and 360 video booths to make your event one to remember. With years of experience in the industry, DJ HeadRush is a name you can trust to deliver high-quality service and unforgettable fun.
- 12th Street Catering
12th Street Catering is a Philly catering company that offers beautiful food made from locally sourced ingredients, serving up cuisine that’s sure to put a smile on the faces of all guests. The customizable decor is also included, and full-service and delivered catering packages are available.
Pros and Cons of High School Reunions in Philadelphia
You should consider a few things before planning your high school reunion in Philadelphia. Below are some advantages and disadvantages to help you make your decision:
- Philadelphia is home to numerous iconic landmarks and historic attractions that make ideal spots for a high school reunion.
- The city has plenty of delicious restaurants that offer cuisine from around the world, so there are sure to be options that will please everyone attending the reunion.
- With an abundance of event venues ranging from small private spaces to large public areas, there are numerous options for hosting a successful reunion in Philadelphia.
- There may be limited availability for venues during busy times of the year or when events are being held in other nearby cities.
- The weather in Philadelphia can be unpredictable, making it difficult to guarantee an enjoyable experience for all attendees.
- The city can be challenging to navigate for those who are unfamiliar with the area, which could lead to logistical challenges.
Tips on How to Organize High School Reunions in Philadelphia
If you're planning a high school reunion in Philadelphia, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure the event goes smoothly. Below are some tips on how to choose and organize high school reunion locations in Philadelphia:
- Secure a venue: Choose a site large enough for the anticipated number of guests. Consider factors like parking, accessibility, age restrictions, and other special needs your attendees may have. If possible, scout the location beforehand to plan seating arrangements and any audiovisual equipment needed for slideshows or presentations.
- Invite everyone: To ensure the highest possible attendance rate, reach out to all former classmates via email, social media, mailings, or even telephone calls if contact information is available. Secure RSVPs so you know who will be at the event and can plan accordingly.
- Schedule fun activities: Have group activities planned so everyone can enjoy something while spending time with old friends. Consider games like trivia night or scavenger hunts that are fun but challenging and require teamwork amongst classmates.
- Provide refreshments: Snacks, drinks, and desserts help keep everyone happy during reunions! Have enough food options for those with dietary restrictions and plenty of beverages. Also, consider having a cash bar if appropriate for adult guests and providing an array of non-alcoholic options for minors.
- Create lifelong memories: Having picture frames or photo booths where guests can take photos together will create lasting memories from the reunion event! Alternatively, you could make memory books where guests can write down their recollections from their high school years or anything memorable about their friends at the reunion. It would make for an amazing keepsake for all involved!
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Parks on Tap
Parks on Tap is a traveling beer garden making its way to different parks around the city, offering a fun, relaxed way for Philadelphians and visitors alike to experience the city’s beautiful outdoor spaces. Plus, part of every sale goes back into maintaining each park, so you can enjoy good food and drinks while giving back to the community.
- Eastern State Penitentiary
Eastern State Penitentiary, once the world's most expensive and well-known prison, is now abandoned. Despite this, its dark atmosphere still lingers. This was the planet's first penitentiary—a jail designed to make prisoners feel remorseful for their actions. Notorious criminals like Al Capone have been incarcerated here, so this is an attraction with a remarkable history. The Eastern State Penitentiary is a living testament to man's capacity for rehabilitation and redemption today, as well as a fascinating window into history. It is just a few blocks from the Philadelphia Museum of Art and is open to tourists all year round.
- Please Touch Museum
The Please Touch Museum's goal is to improve children's lives through the power of learning by playing. Every youngster is always welcome in the museum, which aims to ensure that children have access to great experiences that encourage inquiry, build community, and are defined by excellence. The Please Touch Museum's objective is to offer every kid a world-class experience, so you can treat your child to a hands-on learning adventure.