Dallas, Texas, is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city in the south-central part of the United States. Known as “The Big D” to locals, Dallas has a population of 1.3 million, making it the third largest city in Texas. It has a long history of being an influential player in politics, culture, and business around the world.
The city served as the center of government for much of Texas during its early years when it was part of Mexico. Today, Dallas is home to several iconic landmarks, such as Dealey Plaza/the Grassy Knoll, Reunion Tower, Pioneer Plaza, and more.
Organizing a high school reunion in Dallas can be an exciting experience! There are many great venues that offer an array of activities that suit all types of groups, from bowling alleys to rooftop bars with skyline views! You can even take your reunion outdoors with some of Dallas' many parks and green spaces.
With so much going on in Dallas, it's no wonder why it's such a popular destination for reunions. Whether you're looking for something low-key or want to host a wild night out on the town with your old friends, Dallas offers something for everyone!
High School Reunion Options in Dallas
A catering company can provide a variety of food options for the reunion, from appetizers to a full dinner. There are many catering options in Dallas, allowing you to choose from a sit-down meal, buffet, or even just hors d'oeuvres and drinks. They can also provide dessert and set up and clean up afterward. Whatever you choose, you'll be sure to find something to please everyone at your reunion.
- Photo Booth Rental
A photo booth rental can provide a fun way for guests to capture memories from the reunion. Guests can step inside the booth to take fun photos with friends or family. The booth can come with props and backdrops, and guests can print copies of their photos to take home.
A DJ can help set the tone for your high school reunion and provide music to keep things fun. They can play music that everyone will enjoy and introduce games or activities. They can also MC the event and help keep things on track.
High School Reunion Vendors in Dallas
- 4 Flashes Photo Booths
Since 2009, 4 Flashes Photo Booths has supplied vintage-style photo booth rentals to clients in Dallas and the neighboring areas. 4 Flashes Photo Booths pride themselves in being authentic photo booths that balance traditional design with modern technology. All of their booths feature a live view monitor as well as the choice to print either color or black and white stripes. They use top-of-the-line equipment to deliver high-quality pictures that will make your event unforgettable. 4 Flashes photo booths liven up any event and leave your guests with a physical reminder of the good time they had. Their snapshots will be something to look back on long after your affair is over.
- Beyond The Box Catering
Beyond the Box Catering offers a comprehensive catering service that takes care of everything you need for your occasion, from food and drinks to specialty rentals, staffing, linens, and more. For over 10 years, Beyond the Box has been catering to clients in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. They are recognized for their unique cuisine and only ever use high-quality ingredients! They specialize in a wide range of occasions, including business gatherings to weddings as well as intimate get-togethers or home gatherings. Chef Douglas Brown has an extensive background in cooking and is confident you'll enjoy his style and dishes.
- Sound Sensations
Eryk has over 3,000 weddings and 1,000 other events under his belt and has years of expertise. He's seen it all before. His knowledge ensures a memorable occasion for you and your guests. Consider how much fun they'll have on the dance floor telling you how great the party was. Working for two additional businesses has enabled Eryk to develop a hybrid: a high-end, professional DJ service that is "fun but not obnoxious." Sound Sensations know how to fill in the gaps in music styles that you might not be familiar with but still want to incorporate into your event.
Pros and Cons of High School Reunions in Dallas
High school reunions in Dallas can be a positive experience for alumni, but there are also some drawbacks that should be considered before organizing one. Here is a list of several pros and cons of organizing high school reunions in Dallas:
- Dallas is centrally located for many high school alumni who have relocated throughout the US, making it an accessible and convenient destination for those traveling from different parts of the country.
- As one of the largest cities in Texas, Dallas offers various accommodation and travel options at competitive prices, allowing people to save money on their reunion trip.
- With its mild winters and hot summers, Dallas is the perfect place to organize a reunion in any season without worrying about bad weather ruining your plans.
- Since Dallas is a large city, visitors may find themselves surrounded by crowds, making it difficult to get around and have meaningful conversations with other alumni during your stay.
- Organizing reunions can bring out negative emotions among some attendees if there are unresolved conflicts between them during high school days.
- During peak seasons like spring break or summer holidays, hotel rooms may become scarce due to high demand, leading to increased costs or difficulty finding accommodation.
Tips on How to Organize High School Reunions in Dallas
Planning a high school reunion in Dallas calls for creativity and organization. With the proper steps and tips, party planners can ensure this event will be remembered for years. Here are some tips for organizing an incredible high school reunion in Big D!
- Choose an accessible venue: When it comes to reunions, accessibility for all attendees should be a top priority. Make sure you choose a venue near public transportation or provide your own shuttle services if needed.
- Send out digital invitations: Digital invitations are an easy and cost-effective way to ensure that everyone receives the details of the reunion quickly and conveniently. This helps spread the word more quickly than traditional paper invitations and makes it easier for attendees to RSVP and share their interests with others.
- Plan fun activities: Make sure there’s something for everyone, whether it’s watching movies together, playing board games, or doing karaoke. Consider different age groups when planning activities since not everyone can participate in activities like clubbing or bar hopping. Renting a photo booth so guests can snap pictures together is also a fantastic idea!
- Put together memorable goody bags: Everyone loves goodies! Put together goody bags with old-school snacks such as candy necklaces and Pop Rocks, as well as small items reminding everyone of their favorite memories from high schools, like t-shirts, pencils, and stickers with mottos on them.
- Connect on social media: Create social media accounts specifically for your class reunion where guests can connect with each other before and after the event and share memories or post photos from the reunion itself! This is also an excellent way to advertise upcoming reunions if you decide you want to hold them annually or bi-annually.
- Follow-up after the event: After all your hard work organizing this special event comes follow-up tasks like sending thank-you notes or posting pictures online so everyone who attended can relive their memories again!
Famous Locations in Dallas
- Klyde Warren Park
Klyde Warren Park is a 5.2-acre urban green space in Dallas, TX, that sits right above the freeway with a gorgeous view of the city skyline. Klyde Warren has plenty to do for everyone; there are vast open lawns perfect for picnics, croquet, and chess areas, a dog park, children’s playground equipment, plus two restaurants and multiple food trucks serving deliciousness! Klyde Warren is a much-needed dose of nature in the city. With yoga classes, outdoor concerts, movies, and festivals happening daily, you won't run out of things to do at the park.
- Frontiers of Flight Museum
The Frontiers of Flight Museum is the perfect destination for aviation enthusiasts. This museum is dedicated to preserving and displaying the history of aviation and space flight. Just a short drive from Love Field airport, it's the perfect place to explore and learn about the progress of these industries. The Museum houses more than 35 restored aircraft and spacecraft from all around the world, as well as a library of aviation books, films, and records. They have interactive exhibits, educational programs, and flight simulators for aviation enthusiasts. The Frontiers of Flight Museum is a great place to learn about the history of aviation and see some amazing aircraft up close.
- Bishop Arts District
The Bishop Arts District is a vibrant and artsy neighborhood in North Oak Cliff, just a 20-minute drive from downtown Dallas. In recent years, the area has undergone a transformation, becoming one of the most desirable places to live and work in the city. With numerous things to do and plenty of places to explore, Bishop Arts are perfect for a day out on foot. You'll find rows of lovely brick buildings featuring local shops, art galleries, antique stores, and some excellent restaurants. There's always something going on in the Bishop Arts district too, from farmers' markets to live music performances. The district is also home to one of Dallas's most popular food trucks, the Mighty Cone.