Philadelphia is a historic city located in the northeastern United States. Iconic landmarks such as Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art are scattered throughout the city, attracting many tourists worldwide. Philadelphia is also known for its cuisine, which includes Philly cheesesteaks and hoagies.
The city is also a popular destination for corporate meetings and events. It’s an ideal spot for businesses looking to hold a productive and successful event in unique corporate meeting spaces that can accommodate any group size. From hotel conference rooms and centrally located convention centers to museums, art galleries, and private settings, you’ll find the perfect place for your corporate affair.
Those who want to choose a corporate meeting venue in Philadelphia take advantage of its convenient location, abundance of hotels and meeting facilities, and vibrant culture. Plus, it’s one of the country’s most walkable cities, so navigating Philly by foot is a breeze.
Corporate Meeting Options in Philadelphia
Hosting a successful event requires the perfect caterer, and Philadelphia is teeming with choices. From classic American dishes to eclectic international flavors like Italian or Asian-style fusion, you’ll find something that will please even the most discerning palate.
- Equipment Rentals
Companies in Philadelphia provide an invaluable service with rental options for equipment like audio/visual materials, furniture, and décor. This can help expedite the event planning process while simultaneously saving money.
When you hire a professional photographer, they can capture those significant moments at the corporate meeting and generate superb-quality images for promotional material or archival purposes.
Embrace an air of professionalism and convenience at your business function by hiring a bartender or bar service in Philadelphia. From crafty cocktails to responsible alcohol management, these experts can ensure that everyone has the time of their life after the meeting.
Corporate Meeting Vendors in Philadelphia
- GK Pictures
GK Pictures believes the key to great photography is not necessarily about taking absolute control of the situation. Instead, sometimes it's more rewarding to embrace imperfection and take a 'candid approach.' Instead of forcing subjects into rigid poses or focusing on getting every detail exactly right, their philosophy is to just let things happen. As they take this approach, they can capture unique expressions and genuine emotions, which are more compelling than any faked or posed shots. So don’t worry about every little thing being perfect – instead, focus on staying open to what naturally emerges. The result can be quite beautiful.
- Parties with Brown LLC
If you’re looking for a party rental company that can provide everything you need for a great event, Parties with Brown LLC can help add a fun flair to your meeting. Established in 2020, they are dedicated to helping their customers enjoy their time together. They have a wide selection of bounce houses, chairs and tables, games, and more to make your event fun and memorable. Their prices are affordable, and their service is top-notch.
- The Hart of Catering & Cafe
The Hart of Catering & Cafe is a Philly-based cafe and catering company serving delicious, high-quality food. Their great-tasting corporate menu items include pastries, buffet or boxed sandwiches, salads, sausage burritos, smoked salmon, and many more. They understand the importance of protecting the health and safety of their patrons and have taken extra measures to guarantee sanitation, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Meetings in Philadelphia
Any business owner knows that meetings are an essential part of running a successful company. They provide a forum for discussing important issues, making decisions, and planning for the future. However, meetings can also be costly and time-consuming. When deciding whether to hold a meeting in Philadelphia, it is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully.
- Philadelphia is in a convenient location, a couple of hour’s drive from major cities like New York and a three-hour drive from Washington D.C., giving attendees more access to big-city services and amenities.
- An abundance of hotels and meeting facilities in Philadelphia means hosts have multiple options for corporate meeting venues.
- You’ll find a variety of catering, equipment rental, photography, and bartending vendors to choose from when hosting a meeting in Philly.
- Traffic and parking can be problematic in the city.
- Weather can be unpredictable during certain times of the year, so check the weather, especially if you plan to hold an outdoor corporate meeting.
- Some areas may have higher crime rates than others (but these can easily be avoided by planning a meeting in safe neighborhoods).
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Meetings in Philadelphia
Planning a corporate meeting in Philadelphia? The city is bustling with businesses and contains a plethora of venues, accommodations, and amenities. Here are some tips to ensure that you organize a successful event:
- Establish your goal: Start by understanding your objective and desired results. Then after drafting an agenda that encapsulates these elements, it's time to begin preparing for your venue.
- Select the perfect location for your gathering: Throughout Philadelphia, there are a range of venues suitable for meetings, from hotels to conference centers and unconventional event spaces. Before settling on one, consider the number of people you plan to invite, what type of meeting this will be, and how much money you have available to make an informed choice.
- Organize transport: If you have people coming in from out-of-town, book their tickets and hotel rooms ahead of time! You can easily find the best deals with travel agencies or search online for budget options – either way, it's essential to ensure comfortable and convenient transportation before they arrive.
- Spread the word about your event: Use your company website and social media platforms to increase awareness. Reach a broader audience by targeting both digital and analog channels. Take advantage of traditional print and radio advertising for maximum visibility, too.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Blue Cross RiverRink
Penn's Landing is one of Philadelphia's most popular tourist destinations, and for good reason. The area offers a wide range of activities throughout the year, from ice skating and fire pits in winter to roller skating and carnival games in summer. Plus, you can't beat the classic Philly food available at the many food stands throughout the area. Whether you're looking for a fun activity on a cold winter day or a festive summer night out, Penn's Landing is sure to please.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park
Every summer, thousands of people flock to Philadelphia's famed seasonal attraction, Spruce Street Harbor Park. Situated along the Delaware River, the complex features a variety of hammocks for visitors to relax in while enjoying conversation and stunning views. There are also floating gardens and beautifully lit trees that make the perfect backdrop for an evening out. You'll also get to enjoy the local craft beers and fantastic cuisine from some of Philly's best eateries.
- Chestnut Hill
A visit to Chestnut Hill will transport you back in time with its cobblestone streets and grand trees. Endowed with a sense of timelessness, grace, and sophistication, Chestnut Hill is oozing with charm. Restaurants and hotels abound in the neighborhood, while art galleries provide ample opportunity to explore different genres of work. Those with a sweet tooth will surely enjoy the numerous bakeries featuring delectable treats. Every October, the Annual Harry Potter Festival comes alive and attracts fans worldwide for a weekend of fun in Chestnut Hill. For those looking for some outdoor adventures, Morris Arboretum offers an extensive collection of beautiful gardens and lush greenery. Whatever your pleasure may be, Chestnut Hill has something special that appeals to all visitors.