Philadelphia is an iconic American city located in southeastern Pennsylvania. It is vibrant, diverse, and historic, offering something for everyone, whether you want to dive deep into the nation’s history, experience Philly’s energetic nightlife, or sample tasty dishes.
The city has a humid subtropical climate characterized by hot summers and cool winters with occasional rain throughout the year. The temperate climate makes it an ideal destination to visit any time of the year. Philadelphia is also known for its green spaces and natural wonders, providing wonderful opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking and biking.
Another big draw to the city is its cultural attractions, including renowned museums such as the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Franklin Institute Science Museum. It also boasts world-class restaurants serving cuisines from all over the world, thanks to its ethnic diversity.
Philadelphia is an ideal destination for large meetings due to its advantageous East Coast location and nearby highways and airports. Moreover, with 90+ hotels providing over 90,000 rooms just blocks away from the Convention Center District in downtown Philadelphia, attendees can stay close to their meeting venues and popular attractions. Attendees have access to a diverse array of restaurants and entertainment options, which help ensure that guests remain engaged during their stay.
Large Meeting Options in Philadelphia
- Event Planners
Many event planners in Philadelphia are experienced professionals who specialize in organizing large meetings and events. They are knowledgeable in managing the logistics, coordinating with the right vendors, and ensuring that all the event details are taken care of. Local event planners can also help organize travel plans, arrange accommodations, or provide suggestions for activities within the city that guests may enjoy.
- Equipment Rentals
Equipment rentals are a great way to outfit large meetings and events. The right equipment helps ensure attendees stay engaged and can follow along with presentations or view informational videos during the gathering. Countless qualified companies in Philadelphia provide audio/visual equipment, screens, and projectors for rent, in addition to other necessary supplies like tables, chairs, linens, and more.
- Catering Options
Philadelphia is known for its diverse cuisines, and there are plenty of catering options perfect for large meetings. From traditional American dishes to Italian, Mexican, and Asian fare, Philadelphia has something for every taste. Whether you’re looking for a buffet-style meal, boxed lunches, or an elegant sit-down dinner, the abundance of catering companies in Philadelphia have the right options to make your large meeting a success.
Large Meeting Vendors in Philadelphia
- Meeting Tomorrow
Meeting Tomorrow is a full-service AV production company for events, from small corporate meetings to large-scale conferences. The team can manage every aspect and logistics of your event, including speaker tech check, event strategy consultation, rehearsals, breakout sessions, branding & customization, networking, and more. You can rely on their team of experienced and dedicated virtual event producers and event planners who enjoy creating high-quality events.
- Alyssa Maloof Photography
Alyssa Maloof Photography is the perfect choice for capturing special moments and memories. Alyssa has been taking photos since 2000 and holds a Masters's Degree in Fine Arts. Alyssa's laid-back attitude, combined with her elegant style, ensures that clients can be just as natural and in the moment as possible for beautiful results. Alyssa specializes in headshots, wedding photography, and documenting important moments, ensuring every shoot is special, regardless of the subject or atmosphere.
- Philly Airport Shuttle & Car Service
Philly Airport Shuttle & Car Service is the premier choice for reliable and safe transportation around the Philadelphia area. They take pride in their high-quality black car services that can add beauty and elegance to any special occasion. Philly airport shuttle provides luxury airport transfers, perfect for business trips or other important events, as well as stylish cars for weddings and other momentous events. They offer a professional and exclusive experience at an affordable price and guarantee reliability, dependability, and safety when clients use their transport service.
Pros and Cons of Large Meetings in Philadelphia
Large meetings offer an incredible opportunity to bring people together and strengthen business relationships. But before booking a large meeting venue in Philadelphia, you must consider their pros and cons to help guide your decision.
- The city offers a wide variety of cultural attractions and historical sites for attendees to explore both during and after their event.
- With its vibrant restaurant scene, Philadelphia has no shortage of delicious food options for hungry conference-goers.
- Venue rental costs tend to be cheaper in Philly than in other East Coast destinations like New York City or Washington, DC.
- Locating an appropriate venue can be difficult since some of Philadelphia's large facilities are outdated and lack modern amenities. In this case, you need to bring your equipment and services to get the job done.
- Traffic congestion and limited parking options make getting around the city more challenging than other destinations.
- The city lacks a unified approach to promotions and marketing events, which often puts Philadelphia at a disadvantage compared to other destinations.
Tips on How to Organize Large Meetings in Philadelphia
Large meetings require careful planning and coordination. To ensure your gathering runs smoothly, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Take advantage of meeting planning software: A comprehensive meeting management solution allows for the efficient organization of large meetings. It enables users to coordinate every aspect, including scheduling, budgeting, and communication.
- Create a detailed agenda: Provide clear expectations for the participants by creating a comprehensive agenda that includes event objectives, key speakers, and topics of discussion.
- Secure appropriate meeting venues: Research meeting spaces in Philadelphia to make sure the venue meets all room sizes and amenity requirements.
- Ensure adequate transportation: Arrange transportation options such as shuttles or carpools so attendees can easily get to and from the event.
- Allocate ample staff support: Get enough staff members on board to manage tasks ranging from registration to final logistics. The more local personnel available on-site, the more organized your meeting will be.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Fountain in JFK Plaza/Love Park
The Fountain in JFK Plaza, also known as Love Park, is a delightful place to take a break and enjoy the moment. The refreshing colors of the fountain are sure to dazzle you as its vibrant hues honor special occasions year-round. At the center of this attraction is a spectacular sculpture that adds even more beauty and charm to the area. Couples often flock here for romantic photo ops, and families gather around with their picnic baskets to enjoy the surrounding scenery, soft breezes, and glimmering sunlight. Make sure to stop by JFK Plaza/Love Park if you’re ever in Philadelphia.
- Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
The Tacony-Palmyra Bridge is an awe-inspiring feat of engineering, combining the grace and elegance of a steel tied-arch bridge with the power and strength of a double-leaf bascule design. Those who travel by car, foot, or bike between the two states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania are sure to see signs for the Delaware River bridge from a great distance—as far away as Ocean County. This unique bridge still occasionally halts traffic to make way for larger ships. Completed in 1929 after 1.5 years of construction, it replaced a ferry service that ran between Tacony and Palmyra dating back to 1922. The impressive Tacony-Palmyra Bridge stands out among other major crossings on the Delaware River.
- The Horticulture Center
The Horticulture Center, a modern exhibition hall and greenhouse, is nestled in the beautiful West Fairmount Park in Philadelphia. The site was originally home to two of the city's most iconic events: the Horticulture Hall, which hosted Philadelphia's Annual Flower Show for more than fifty years, and the Centennial Exposition building from 1876. Constructed in 1979, this expansive structure combines traditional architecture with modern convenience. With its idyllic forest setting and picturesque views of both nature and industry, it's no wonder that many Philadelphians flock to this center to experience its unique charm.