Vancouver is a vibrant city located in the province of British Columbia, Canada. It is renowned for its natural beauty and stunning scenery, with the Pacific Ocean to the west, snow-capped mountains to the north, and lush rainforests to the east. Terminal City also enjoys an enviable location at the terminus of Burrard Inlet, which offers excellent access by sea and air to many parts of North America.
Vancity has a plethora of attractions for visitors, including a booming culinary scene, world-class art galleries and museums, and plenty of outdoor activities. But “Gastown” is not just a great place to visit - it is also making a name for itself as one of the top international business hubs on the west coast of North America.
The large meeting spaces in Vancouver provide ideal settings for businesses and entrepreneurs to host myriads of gatherings. Beyond the internationally acclaimed cultural attractions that inspire creative solutions, the city’s breathtaking vistas provide a compelling reason to schedule any business function in Vancouver.
Large Meeting Options in Vancouver
From traditional local cuisine to international dishes, there are plenty of catering options for large groups in Vancouver. The city is also home to several renowned caterers specializing in handling everything from weddings to corporate functions. Whether you prefer buffet-style service or a plated meal experience, the city’s culinary specialists are at your service.
- A/V Equipment
Vancouver’s A/V specialists supply lists of equipment, ranging from microphones and speakers to projectors and podiums. Most large meeting venues also offer in-house tech support and technicians to help with setup and troubleshooting any problems you may encounter.
Photographers in Vancouver specialize in event coverage, so you can be sure that you will get quality photos of the function. Most of the city’s top shutterbugs also provide videography services to document the session and convert the footage into future marketing material.
Large Meeting Vendors in Vancouver
- Vision Event Photography
Led by founder Mark Kinskofer and an ever-expanding network of experienced photographers and videographers, Vision Event Photography is renowned in the field for its quality services. Their services include coverage of conferences, galas, trade shows, photo booths and studios, slide shows, individual & group portraits, as well as creating secure online galleries.
- Clark's Audio Visual Services
Clark's Audio Visual Services provides sound-related solutions for all occasions. When it comes to sound services, they offer concept planning, execution, and follow-through services during events. Their audio-visual solutions add impact to functions of all types, offering professional lighting, sound systems, staging, and projection mapping.
- Pacific Coast Catering
Pacific Coast Catering has been involved in the food business for 16 years. They have experience catering to diverse clients and serving various gatherings, ranging from small boardroom lunches to large-scale galas. They work with globally inspired ingredients that are locally sourced and provide their clients with custom options crafted from scratch.
Pros and Cons of large meeting spaces in Vancouver
When looking for a large meeting space in Vancouver, the size of the space is an important factor to consider. Here are some pros and cons of hosting a meeting in a large space in Vancouver.
- Large meeting spaces tend to be much more cost-effective than smaller ones since they can usually accommodate more people at once.
- These event venues allow participants to move around freely, chat with each other, or take part in activities during the event.
- A location with ample room also offers plenty of flexibility because it can easily accommodate different types of activities or seating arrangements without feeling cramped or crowded.
- Setting up audiovisual equipment, computers, projectors, etc., in large venues can be tricky due to unforeseen challenges such as wiring issues.
- With so many people in one space, noise levels can become an issue if not managed properly.
- Depending on the venue chosen, customization options may be limited given that certain venues may restrict what changes you can make to their existing setup.
Tips on How to Organize large meeting spaces in Vancouver
When organizing a large meeting in Vancouver, it is important to have the right strategies to pull off a successful event. Here are some tips to help prepare the perfect meeting space for your next big gathering.
- Know Your Room: It is important to know the size and layout of the meeting space before booking it. You should also be aware of any restrictions or potential issues with the room such as any noise-level or temperature regulations that may need to adhere to. It’s beneficial to visit the potential space ahead of time to get an understanding of its capabilities and limitations, as well as to take measurements if necessary.
- Understand Electrical Requirements: Being aware of what electrical outlets are available helps you plan for all technical needs ahead of time. Knowing the positioning of different outlets will save you time during setup and prevent any unpleasant surprises come event day.
- Consider Seating Arrangement: The seating arrangement has a dramatic effect on how welcoming the room looks and feels, so decide carefully! Depending on the type of meeting, consider whether you would like chairs in rows or groups around tables, as well as accounting for any audiovisual equipment that may need space on its own.
- Incorporate Aesthetics: Think about how people will enter the room and what kind of impression they’ll get when they first arrive. Decorating with plants can bring life into an otherwise drab-looking room, but make sure there’s enough light for them to thrive! Additionally, adding banners or signs with messages related to your topic could make a great visual backdrop.
- Utilize Technology: If audio-visual equipment is going to be used during your event then you must test beforehand to avoid any malfunctions during presentation time! Have an IT specialist look over all connections before guests arrive so that everything runs smoothly.
- Put Safety First: Ensure that emergency exits are marked and free from obstruction - this can be accomplished by strategically placing signs throughout the space as well as having volunteers assigned who can direct attendees out safely if needed. Also always keep first aid kits readily available just in case someone becomes injured while attending your event!
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Habitat Island
Beer Island, more commonly known as Habitat Island, is a popular hangout spot for locals. Located near Olympic Village and only a stone's throw from Science World, it's conveniently situated along the Sea Wall and has become known for its laid-back atmosphere. If you happen to own a guitar or ukulele, it's the perfect place in Vancouver to start up some tunes! Along with its usual patrons, Beer Island is also a popular spot for sea otters and birds alike - which might explain its official name of Habitat Island.
- The Waterfall Building
Take a stroll down 2nd Street in Kitsilano and you'll quickly find yourself immersed in the calming atmosphere of the Waterfall Building. Designed by renowned Canadian architect Arthur Erickson, it's not hard to be left in awe at the magnificent design of this landmark building. Its unmissable interior waterfall fountain creates a sense of serenity, while its impressive glass walls and frames are sure to draw your attention. It's easy to notice how the Waterfall Building used to be the hub for many events but those have since concluded, although admirers can still appreciate its beauty from afar or even take advantage of its ground-level work/live lofts.
- A-maze-ing Laughter
A-maze-ing Laughter by Yue Minjun is an iconic example of Canadian public art. The work features 14 cast bronze figures that the artist modeled after himself, each engaged in a state of hysterical laughter. Weighing more than 250 kilograms and standing over two meters tall, the statues have become one of the most popular pieces to be found in Vancouver's English Bay. People flock to take pictures with them and enjoy basking in their infectious joy. A plaque near the sculptures bears a message from its creator, inviting all visitors to find joy in experiencing this delightful artwork.