Rittenhouse Filmworks / Soundworks is a sound treated studio with exposed brick, skylights, and natural wood.
The room is mostly used as an audio recording studio but can be configured for film shoots or events. The studio features an intimate pre-lit stage performance stage. Black Out options available.
Our Features & Amenities
~Ceilings are 12' at lowest point, but vaulted in the center of room
~Private Green Room
~Complimentary 1-ton Grip & Electric Package
~On-site equipment rental
We are located in an old transformed technical high school in the heart of South Philadelphia, with gorgeous views of the Philly skyline and stadiums in the well known BOK building. Our studio is owned and managed by working professionals current in the industry in both photo and video production.
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE A FOUR HOUR (OR TWO HOUR: SEE BELOW) MINIMUM BEFORE REQUESTING TO BOOK.
IF YOU NEED THE STUDIO FOR UNDER FOUR HOURS, WE WILL CREATE A "CUSTOM OFFER" OF A RATE OF $125 PER HOUR WITH A MINIMUM OF TWO HOURS. WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO CHARGE LESS SO PLEASE DO NO INQUIRE UNLESS THIS IS UNDERSTOOD. THANKS!!!
We rent out our space to provide a more affordable option to creatives in a professional, clean working environment. We are not an actual "rental studio", so please keep that in mind when renting our space. We work hard to make this space special and have decided to offer it to renters outside of our studio member options. We have to keep this minimum otherwise we simply can not afford to rent this out to fellow creatives for the price listed.
• Our studio is about 1200sq' with a medium sized professional 22' wide, 20' deep, 12' high cyc wall. We also have various Savage Seamless paper rolls for purchase/rent, as well as basic grip.
Up to 4 basic light stands and C-Stands / C-Stand Completes come with your rental.
Any additional stands, grip or heavier duty roller stands are an additional charge.
(rollers $15 each, and c-stands $9 each after four)
We also have a flat set wall painted flat white for other shooting options or set building. (Building sets require a multiple day rental, as well time to compensate for any needed repairs.
(ie hole filling from screws, brad nails, tacks etc, spackle / prime, and paint )
• Lighting, modifiers, seamless paper or canvas backdrops do not come with a rental but are available upon request for an additional cost.
• We are North West facing with pretty good daylight coming through the windows at certain times of the day. (obviously follow the suns path to know better)
• NO GLITTER OR CONFETTI! Glitter or confetti is NOT permitted. This is a nightmare to clean up and creates way too much of a mess to prep for the next shoot/rental.
• The studio shown with the open space sans cyc wall is the additional room available as an add-on.
• NOTE FOR VIDEO RENTALS: We rent our studio out to many video shoots as well, but keep in mind we are NOT a sound stage and can not control outside, ambient noise. That said, we haven't had an issues with renters recording sound if using a proper boom mic. As long as you are not in need of precise critical applications with total sound proofing you should be fine. Most of our video rentals are talking head, interview types of shoots and havent had any issues.
If you are going to have more than 14-16 people, you will need to include the add-on of the extra studio space.
Power Plant is one of the largest studios in Philadelphia. Full service production and so much more!
Shoot in our bright and airy studio space with an industrial feel. Soaring ceilings that feature large factory windows allow light to pour in. Our built-in cyc wall and mobile makeup station make setup a breeze for any production. Recently hosting Michael B. Jordan and Nicki Minaj
Large white cyclorama: 18’W x 16’H x 21’D
East and south facing windows
25ft high ceilings
Original hardwood floors
Private loft space overlooking Studio A
Optional green room
Seamless access to our Commercial Style Kitchen
Sound system w/ iPad (Spotify)
Mobile hair/makeup station and rolling racks
Tables and chairs for catering & workspace
200 amp electric with 30 amp breakers
4 zone HVAC system
This edgy 5,000 square foot basement space contrasts the main studio with its raw concrete floors, distressed concrete walls, and unique “Fight Club” feel. The space has been used by Men’s Health, ESPN, the History Channel just to name a few.
5,000 sq ft
13 ft high ceilings
Unique distressed look & feel
Lounge and conference table
Mobile hair & makeup station
Catering area with refrigerator
Commercial Style Kitchen
Our commercial style kitchen has the modern amenities and space that your food stylist needs. With seamless access to Studio A,
Easy access to Studio A
Two NXR commercial style gas ranges