William Penn founded Philadelphia in 1682 and it is located in the northeastern United States. The City of Brotherly Love is home to about 1.5 million people and is the sixth-most populous city in the country. Philadelphia is notable for its role in American history (especially during the Revolutionary War and as the site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence).
The city is equally known for its vibrant arts and culture scene, and its extensive food and beverage industry. Philly is also home to a number of professional sports teams, including the Eagles (football), Phillies (baseball), Flyers (hockey), and 76ers (basketball).
After party venues in Philadelphia are popular because they offer revelers an opportunity to keep the party going after traditional bars and clubs have closed. These venues typically have late-night operating hours, a variety of music genres, and large dance floors. Here’s how to find the right space for your celebration and plan a memorable event.
After Party Options in Philadelphia
- Event planner
A professional who helps to plan and organize events. They can be hired to help with all aspects of the event, from choosing the date and venue to booking entertainment and handling logistics.
A service that provides food and drink for events. Catering companies can provide everything from simple finger foods to full-fledged meals, as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Professionals who make and serve drinks at events. They can be hired to work at bars, or they can bring their own portable bar set-up.
Balloons are often used as decorations at events, but they can also be used for games or other activities.
After Party Vendors in Philadelphia
- Bacchus Market & Catering
Bacchus Market is a catering company named after the Roman god of parties, theater arts, good humor, and fertility. Before Tracey Wolfson opened Bacchus Market in 1999, she learned to cook at different restaurants. Bacchus has a full-time staff of ten, which includes an executive chef and two to three other chefs, as well as numerous part-timers on the catering staff. The catering menu offers a wide variety of dishes, including plenty of options for fish, grain, and vegetables.
- Mad Drinks & Co
If you're looking for bartending services for your next big celebration, look no further than their team of certified mixologists. They have a passion for creating unique and delicious cocktails, and they're experts in hospitality. They'll work with you to design a bartending package that fits your event perfectly. And because they don't sell alcohol, you can be sure that you're getting the best possible deal on the drinks for your party.
- Christopher Descano Photography
Christopher Descano Photography specializes in employee headshots, advertising photography, and corporate events for some of Philadelphia's most well-known companies. Their clients include doctors, accountants, lawyers, realtors, and financial planners among others. They also specialize in headshots, modeling portfolios, and press photos for individuals.
Pros and Cons of After Party Events in Philadelphia
There are both pros and cons to having after party events in Philadelphia. Make sure to consider them carefully when deciding where to host your celebration.
- An after party allows partygoers to keep the party going after traditional bars and clubs have closed.
- From intimate basement bars to grand rooftop locations, after party venues in Philly come in all shapes and sizes.
- Philly is a city that knows how to party, so you’ll find plenty of entertainment, catering, AV, and party rental options here.
- Given that after party events happen at night and end quite late, it is up to the host to provide transportation as one of the incentives for guests to attend.
- Some venues may have noise restrictions, so make sure your occasion is compliant before booking a space.
- The best venues are always in high demand, so make sure you get in early to book the after party venue you want.
Tips on How to Organize After Party Events in Philadelphia
Here are some helpful hints for organizing an unforgettable after party:
- First, choose a venue that is convenient for your guests. If the majority of your guests are coming from out of town, consider a centrally located hotel or event space. Make sure to book your venue well in advance to get the best rates and avoid last-minute cancellations.
- Next, work with a local catering company to create a menu that will tantalize your guests' taste buds. Be sure to include a variety of foods, so that everyone will find something they like. Alcohol is always a popular choice for after party events, so be sure to have plenty on hand.
- If it’s a public party, promote your event through social media and email invitations. You can also work with local media outlets to get the word out. If you’re planning a private celebration, get the word out to the friends and acquaintances you want to attend.
- Don’t forget to relax and enjoy yourself. Hosting an after party can be a stressful experience, so remember to allow yourself time to mingle with guests and soak up the party atmosphere.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
A visit to the Museum of Art is a must for anyone interested in art and culture. The museum houses some of the world's most impressive and beautiful art collections, including paintings by renowned Renaissance, Impressionist, American, and Modern artists. The upper level of the museum displays a variety of exhibits from various civilizations, including '80s period rooms that showcase ancient cultures from Indian temples to medieval cloisters.
- The Oval
The Oval is a must-visit for anyone spending the summer in Philadelphia. This eight-acre seasonal venue offers a range of family-friendly activities, from giant games of chess and checkers to mouth-watering refreshments from local food trucks. Adults can also enjoy a cold brew in the outdoor beer garden. In addition, the Oval has daily community activities and events for both locals and visitors.
- Shane Confectionery
Shane Confectionary is a must-visit spot for anyone with a sweet tooth. The shop has been around since 1863, making it the oldest producer of candy in Philadelphia. As you enter Shane Confectionary, you'll be greeted by the sight of hand-made chocolates and sweets, as well as the aroma of freshly baked chocolate confections.