Philadelphia is the fifth most populous city in the United States and the oldest capital city in the country. Often referred to as Philly, the city is known for its historical landmarks, arts and culture scene, and food. The city has numerous landmarks, including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Philadelphia is also known for its rich colonial history and was one of the original thirteen colonies in the United States.
In recent years, the city has undergone a revitalization, and it is now an exciting place to visit with a lot to see and do. Anniversary venues in Philadelphia benefit from the rich regional history and abundance of cultural attractions.
Visitors can enjoy diverse activities as part of the event schedule, from exploring famous historical sites to enjoying the vibrant nightlife. Anniversary venues in Philadelphia offer something for everyone, making the city an ideal destination for celebrating a special occasion.
Anniversary Options in Philadelphia
Hiring a professional photographer for an anniversary celebration ensures that all the special moments are captured and can be treasured for years.
Philadelphia is known for its delicious cuisine, including the famous Philly cheesesteaks and hoagies. A caterer can provide delectable food options for guests at an anniversary celebration in the city.
- Event Planner
Working with a skilled event planner takes the stress off of planning a memorable anniversary celebration. They handle all the details and ensure everything runs smoothly on the big day.
Adding live music to an anniversary celebration creates a fun atmosphere for guests. From string quartets to DJs, there are diverse musical options for an anniversary party in Philadelphia.
Decorations can transform a venue and set the mood for an anniversary celebration. Whether you want flowers, balloons, or personalized signage, the right decorations can make the event even more special and memorable.
Anniversary Vendors in Philadelphia
- Papertini Floral & Event Design
Tanti Lina established Papertini, an event design company that provides unique flowers and décor for weddings and other occasions. They create memorable and one-of-a-kind floral and event designs by expertly weaving in diverse materials that may include vegetables, fruits, paper, potted plants, wire, or fabric to capture each vision.
Eventricity is a dynamic, full-service event planning, decor, and design firm with over 25 years in the industry. Using state-of-the-art avant-garde design and event management resources, they stay at the cutting edge of industry innovations. From concept to execution, they employ creative solutions to create a unique experience tailored to each client.
- DJ HeadRush
DJ HeadRush is your one-stop shop for all your party needs. He offers premier DJ services, 360 booths, mirror and LED photo booths, lighting, and special effects for all types of events. As an experienced DJ, HeadRush can liven up any wedding, birthday, graduation, corporate event, or even a night out with friends.
Pros and Cons of Anniversaries in Philadelphia
Although there are countless advantages to commemorating your anniversary in Philadelphia, consider some potential drawbacks.
- Philadelphia is known for its delicious cuisine and catering options, which makes catering for any occasion a treat.
- Philly has scenic outdoor spaces, allowing guests to enjoy the city views or participate in various activities.
- Many excellent restaurants, pubs, and cafes in Philly provide indoor and outdoor seating, allowing you to choose the perfect location for your event.
- The city can be busy and crowded, causing navigation challenges and potential vendor delays.
- Prices for services and venues may be higher compared to other cities.
- Parking and transportation can be challenging in Philadelphia.
Tips on How to Organize Anniversaries in Philadelphia
Whether you prefer a modern or classic venue, Philadelphia has no shortage of breathtaking locations perfect for commemorating an anniversary. Here are some helpful hints on how to organize a memorable anniversary party in Philly:
- Event size: To start, figure out the size and scope of your event. Do you want a cozy affair or an extravagant shindig? Knowing these details will assist you in choosing the best venue for your needs.
- Schedule: Next, choose a date and time that work for your schedule. Consider any major holidays or events that might conflict with your party.
- Guest list: Once you've set the date, start working on your guest list. Invite all the close people in your life, including family, friends, and colleagues.
- Vendors: What kind of food do you want to serve? What kind of entertainment do you want to provide? And don't forget about the decorations! Anniversary parties celebrate a special milestone, so make sure your decor reflects that.
- Invites: Ultimately, don't forget to send out invitations! Providing your guests ample time will ensure they can make travel arrangements and RSVP on time.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
Since 1968, Isaiah Zagar has been working to transform the South Street area of Philadelphia into a vibrant, mosaic-covered community. His public artworks can be found on buildings, sidewalks, and even cars, and his massive indoor installation, the Magic Garden, has become a popular tourist destination. Zagar's work is displayed once again at the Mosaic Art Now Festival. Hosted in various venues around the city, the festival showcases the work of over 50 contemporary mosaic artists.
- Penn Museum
The Penn Museum sponsors archeological expeditions and has amassed a collection of nearly one million historic artifacts over 125 years. One of the most fascinating pieces in the collection is a 3000-year-old 15-ton Egyptian sphinx. The sphinx was placed in front of a temple in Thebes, and it's thought to date back to the reign of Amenhotep III. The Penn Museum acquired the sphinx in 1899, and it's been on display ever since. Visitors can see it up close and learn about its history and significance. The Penn Museum is worth a visit for anyone interested in history or archaeology.
- Pennsylvania Hospital Garden
Pennsylvania Hospital is a historic institution that has played a role in developing healthcare in the United States. Founded in 1751, it is the oldest hospital in the country. The Pine Building is still in use today and is one of the most iconic buildings on the Penn campus. The back of the building features a beautiful garden that dates back to the hospital's founding. In the center of the garden is a statue of William Penn, provided to the hospital by Penn's grandson.