About Los Angeles
Los Angeles is one of the most iconic cities in the United States. With its sunny beaches and a population of over 4 million people, it's no surprise that many couples choose Los Angeles as their wedding destination. Weddings in LA have been known to be especially unique, with couples taking advantage of its stunning scenery and eclectic range of venues for their special day.
The City of Angels has something to offer each couple. Whether you’re looking for a traditional church wedding or something more unique such as an outdoor beachfront ceremony, there are endless possibilities when planning your perfect day. For those who want to add some extra style to their wedding décor, they can always count on the city’s numerous event planners and florists to make sure that everything is just right.
No matter what type of ceremony or celebration you’re looking for, Los Angeles has something special for those who choose this city to exchange vows. With its diverse landscape and an endless range of activities and attractions, there’s no limit when it comes to choosing the perfect place for your once-in-a-lifetime occasion—you can rest assured that you’ll make memories that will last a lifetime!
Unusual Wedding Options in Los Angeles
- Makeup Artists
If you want a truly distinctive wedding, you'll need the help of a makeup artist who can design a style that's both unusual and appropriate for your big day. LA is home to some of the finest makeup artists in the business, so you'll look fabulous for your special day. From natural and understated to audacious and glamorous, these experts will ensure that you look like a million dollars on your big day.
If you want your wedding to be exceptional, seek out a florist who can make unique arrangements that will complement your big day. The best part is that Los Angeles has some of the world's greatest floral artists. They can do anything from simple and elegant designs to over-the-top and showy displays. Whichever route you choose, they will ensure your wedding looks charming.
You'll need musicians that can offer entertainment that caters to your eclectic musical tastes. Los Angeles is home to some of the world's best musicians who know a variety of genres, which is fortunate. Soloists and duos, as well as full bands, will be sure to make your wedding unforgettable. Talk to them if they can play any particular music that you like.
For a wedding that's anything but ordinary, find a caterer who can design a menu that reflects your unique tastes. Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a grand affair, these talented professionals will make sure your wedding is one that guests will be talking about long after the last slice of cake has been eaten.
Unusual Wedding Vendors in Los Angeles
- Ann's Enchanted Events
Ana and Stacey are wedding planners who specialize in civil, cultural, religious, double, military, and nonreligious weddings. The dedicated team ensures that your wedding day goes as smoothly as you hoped while staying within your budget. They assist in reducing the tension and difficulties from all of the planning, budgeting, coordinating with vendors, and guest list management. You can opt for their partial wedding planning package or the day-of coordination package. Either way, you will always receive top-tier service from one of their well-experienced team members!
- Wedding Officiant Jon
If you're getting married soon and looking for an officiant in the Los Angeles area, look no further than Rev. Jon Olson. He has been officiating weddings for over 20 years and will work with you to ensure your ceremony is everything you've ever wanted. Having performed thousands of weddings himself, he knows exactly what it takes to create a perfect ceremony from start to finish. Jon is a skilled communicator who employs enthusiasm and humor to connect easily with listeners. You'll find his style down-to-earth, relatable, and personable.
- Butter Cake Shoppe
Sasha’s passion for baking cakes and pastries started in college, and eventually, she put up a cake shop along with her sister Ari in 2015. The sisters love to make centerpiece-worthy custom cakes that use high-grade European butter for that rich, delectable taste. They recommend scheduling in advance for custom cake orders to see if you like their cake designs and flavor. Butter Cake Shoppe has been featured in Martha Stewart, Green Wedding Shoes, and Food Network.
Pros and Cons of Unusual Weddings in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is the heart of unusual and unique wedding styles, offering an array of possibilities to couples looking to make their special day truly one-of-a-kind. But with every opportunity comes pros and cons – what might seem like an exciting option at first could have some unforeseen difficulties or drawbacks down the line, so it’s important to be informed about all aspects before taking the plunge. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages to consider when planning an unconventional wedding in the City of Angels.
- Couples can utilize the unique and diverse cultural elements of Los Angeles to add a special touch to their wedding. This includes finding wedding venues that are off-the-beaten path and utilizing live entertainment from local artists, such as musicians and dancers from different cultures.
- Couples can find unique vendors in the area who specialize in creating unconventional experiences for weddings, ranging from creating custom decorations to offering locally-sourced catering options.
- Many venues offer great amenities like beautiful gardens, movie theaters, art galleries, and other luxurious features that can give a wedding an extra special touch.
- As with any big event planning process, couples may face difficulty finding reliable vendors or unexpected issues with venue contracts.
- Depending on where you’re getting married in LA, parking can be difficult for guests if the venue is located in a busy part of town.
- The operational costs associated with having an unconventional wedding in LA might be higher due to additional services provided by vendors (like live performances).
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Weddings in Los Angeles
Planning an unusual wedding can seem daunting and overwhelming. However, with a little preparation and the right attitude, you can pull off an unforgettable and unique celebration that your guests will never forget. Here we offer some tips on how to plan a memorable and special wedding that is entirely unique to you and your partner.
- Do your research: Start by researching different traditions and ideas that are outside of the norm. Look into cultures and religions that may be unfamiliar to you and find ways to incorporate them into your wedding.
- Look for unique vendors that specialize in offbeat weddings: Many traditional vendors may not be able to provide services or products for an unusual wedding, so it is important to find ones who can meet your needs.
- Consider hosting your wedding at a non-traditional venue: This could mean anything from a public park or beach to a museum or even an art gallery!
- Think about creating interactive elements for guests: It could include activities such as lawn games, live performances, build-your-own bars, etc. The sky’s the limit!
- Be unique: Incorporate cultural touches throughout the event, like food, music, dress code, décor elements, etc., all reflective of the culture you want to honor and celebrate with your guests.
- Don’t forget the details: Think beyond just flowers and centerpieces when it comes to decorations - hang string lights or lanterns from trees, create custom signs for photo spots, etc. These small touches will make all the difference in giving guests something unexpected and special!
Famous Locations in Los Angeles
- Aquarium Of The Pacific
The renowned Long Beach Aquarium offers couples the unique opportunity to get married in front of their friends, family, and a wide variety of sea creatures. The Blue Cavern is a three-story exhibit that is breathtaking and filled with kelp and different kinds of fish. This would be an excellent place to start your ceremony before moving into the Great Hall for catering services provided by the aquarium. The typical wedding package includes being able to use space at the aquarium for four hours. Depending on other arrangements made, guests could explore some of the other exhibits while they wait for the bride and groom.
- Korean Bell of Friendship
Housed inside Angels Gate Park is a twelve-foot tall seventeen-ton gift from South Korea called the Korean Bell of Friendship. It is designed after the Divine Bell of King Seongdeok but includes imagery to honor the relationship between the United States and Korea. It was donated to the people of LA in 1976 to celebrate the bicentennial of American independence and honor the veterans of the Korean War.
- Angels Gate Park
Speaking of Angels Gate Park, this beautiful green space in the San Pedro district of Los Angeles is one of the iconic parks in the city. Angels Gate Park boasts charming, intimate garden settings and spectacular ocean views, perfect for relaxation and celebrations. It also features picnic tables, hiking trails, and walking access to Fort Mac Arthur Museum, a lighthouse, and several parks.