This 1906 classic honors our region’s timber industry with a wrap-around covered porch, wide overhanging eaves, beautiful unpainted woodwork, built-in bench seating, bay windows, and box beam ceilings. The warm foyer invites you through leaded glass French doors into the living with a gas fireplace surrounded by the original quarter-sawn oak mantle. Pass through pocket doors into an expansive dining room with a trestle table that can seat 10 people or be moved out of the way for a dance class or concert next to the tiger oak upright piano. With an 8-foot walnut island, farmhouse sink, Sub-Zero refrigerator, 6-burner Wolf stove and double ovens, the kitchen is perfect for a cooking demonstration or preparation space for a multi-course meal. The upstairs has 2 beautiful bedrooms, an office, and 2 immaculate bathrooms that are also available for filming.
The private, fenced back yard features flower gardens, raised planting beds, and an apple tree. The yard and back of the house are accessible from an alley which allows for convenient staging and loading/unloading.
Located on a quiet, tree-lined street in north Capitol Hill, this home is conveniently located within 4 blocks of restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops. Metro bus stops for routes 10 and 12 are two blocks away, route 23 is five blocks away. The Capitol Hill Link Light Rail station is less than a mile.
To keep the space in wonderful condition, we ask that you maintain the following rules:
- Catering and outside food is allowed
- No public events
- No smoking or illicit drugs
- No animals on the premises without explicit permission of the owner, additional fees may apply
- Nothing is to be hung, nailed, or taped to the walls without explicit permission of the owner.
- Booking start and end times are inclusive of set up and clean-up time.
- Owners reserve the right to enter the property at any time.
- Keys are to be given to the owner or returned to the lockbox at the end of the rental time.
Amenities available for use (please contact us for more details): plates (dinner service for 10), serving platters, silverware, water/wine glasses, fully stocked kitchen with pots/pans, kitchen appliances, including convection/conventional oven, microwave, 6-burner stove, double ovens. Full inventory taken before and after use.
- Renter agrees not to exceed occupancy limits, which may change according restrictions with COVID-19.
- Renter is solely responsible for the actions of his/her/their staff, vendors and guests at all times.
- Renter is responsible to ensure music volume, conversation, and other noise must comply with Seattle City ordinance.
- Renter is responsible for any damage to the facility and/or its contents, including loss or damage to artwork, furniture, and accessories, as well as home systems and structure. Any damages to artwork, furnishing, accessories, and home systems/structure will be billed at the full retail value with payment due and payable, without offset or demand, within seven days of the event.
- Renter agrees to pay any fines which result from violations caused by the event or the event’s patrons, guests, vendors, or staff.
- Renter assumes responsibility for attaining the proper permits, if any, to legally hold the event at the home.
Seattle American home built in the 60’s with recent updates through-out the home. Built on top of a lightly sloped back yard that opens up into a flower garden w/ seasonal, mature wisteria plant, dry-creek, and walking path.
The home has two levels with similar rooms and two kitchens. As of now the house is completely empty and could be furnished upon request.
Warm, bright Yoga Studio
Yoga mats, blankets, bolsters available.
Well tended bamboo flooring, air conditioning, sound system.
Bare foot activities only.