Seattle has been known to be an amazing destination for hosting press events. From the picturesque view of the Space Needle to the dynamic atmosphere of Pike Place Market, Seattle offers a variety of venues that will make your event stand out.
When you need to select the perfect venue for a press event, Seattle offers a variety of both indoor and outdoor locations that are sure to impress guests. Options range from large banquet halls or ballrooms for big events with hundreds of attendees, to smaller intimate settings that offer cozier vibes for smaller gatherings. From luxury hotels to rooftop bars, there's something for everyone in the Emerald City.
Finally, Seattle also has many unique offerings that make it stand out from other cities when it comes to media events. These include tech meetups that bring together innovators from all over the globe as well as foodie festivals featuring dishes from across Washington State’s world-class restaurant scene.
Whatever your needs may be when planning a press event in Seattle, you’ll always find something special around every corner!
Press Event Options in Seattle
- AV Equipment
For your press event, you may need audio and video equipment. Seattle has a wide variety of AV equipment companies to choose from, from projectors and screens to microphones and sound systems. Most of these companies can help you choose the perfect setup for your event and will work with you to make sure everything is in order on the day of the event.
- Furnishing Rentals
If you're looking to craft a memorable and inviting setting for your press event, renting furniture is the most cost-effective solution. You'll be pleased with the abundance of chairs, tables, bars, and couches in town—allowing you to create an attractive yet practical space that will capture the attention of your guests.
A great press event needs delicious food! Thankfully, Seattle offers many catering services from some of the best restaurants in the city. These experts are often flexible with their terms and can create a menu that fits your event's theme and budget.
Press Event Vendors in Seattle
- DJ Rocka Romeo
DJ Rocka Romeo, or Romie Maya, is a Seattle-based turntabling DJ who offers professional DJ services, lighting, and sound to events—whether it’s a wedding reception, a birthday party, or a corporate event. He has an extensive range of music and light options to choose from, so you can create the perfect atmosphere for your event. Plus, he provides unbeatable customer service so you can be sure that everything is going to go as planned.
- Lisa Dupar Catering
Lisa Dupar Catering specializes in creating amazing experiences that everyone can enjoy. With their extensive experience in catering corporate gatherings, social events, and weddings, they make sure each client's vision is brought to life. Whether you focus on the budget or the look of your event, Lisa and her team strive to deliver nothing less than perfection. Having over 30 years of experience, Lisa has mastered the art of catering with uncompromising attention to detail. She takes great pride in ensuring all your expectations are exceeded, leaving you and your guests delighted.
- D.A. Sound
D.A. Sound provides excellent audiovisual equipment, live sound management, and full-service production management for weddings, parties, and corporate events in Seattle. They're not part of some big corporate chain, but rather a family-owned business, providing personalized attention and commitment to their customers. D.A. has an extensive selection of AV and uplight rentals for any event and knowledgeable staff who are happy to help you pick out the right gear.
Pros and Cons of Press Events in Seattle
Press events in Seattle are a great opportunity for businesses and organizations to showcase their products or services and connect with local media. However, as with any type of marketing activity, there are pros and cons associated with press events that should be taken into consideration before deciding to host one:
- Press events offer business owners a wonderful opportunity to network with influential people in the Seattle area, such as reporters, bloggers, and other industry professionals.
- The media exposure from press events can provide valuable publicity and brand awareness.
- Press events provide an excellent platform for launching new products or services to the public.
- They can help you reach potential customers by giving the media and the public an inside look at what your organization is all about.
- Press events require significant resources upfront including staff time, money, supplies, and materials.
- If not planned properly, they can create more confusion than clarity around your company’s message.
- It is difficult to measure the success of press events after the fact without having measurable goals set ahead of time.
- Press event attendees may not be the ideal target market for your product or service, so it may not be worth the cost of hosting one if this is the case.
Tips on How to Organize Press Events in Seattle
Planning press events in Seattle can be a daunting task; however, with careful planning and preparation, you can ensure that your event will be a success. Here are a few key tips on how to organize press events in Seattle:
- Plan Early: Give yourself plenty of time to plan the event by starting at least eight months in advance. This allows ample opportunity to investigate potential venues and find the perfect fit for your event.
- Research Venues: Research potential venues that are suitable for your event and make sure they meet the requirements such as sound equipment, audiovisuals, catering, and parking.
- Promote Your Event: Advertise your press event using both traditional methods such as flyers, radio spots, or newspaper ads, as well as more modern methods such as social media posts and email blasts.
- Arrange Travel Logistics: If hosting an international press conference, arrange travel logistics for attending journalists including airfare, hotels, and transportation from the airport to the hotel.
- Invite Local Talent: Invite local celebrities or influencers to draw attention to the event and encourage more people to attend.
Famous Locations in Seattle
- The Water Tower Observation Deck
The Water Tower Observation Deck in Seattle is the place to be if you're looking for a unique view of the city. Enjoy sweeping vistas of everything from Elliott Bay and the Olympic and Cascade Mountains to the Space Needle, Mount Rainier, and even glimpses of Canada and Oregon on clear days. Located on top of a 75-foot tall tower, it offers 360-degree views of Seattle no matter where you stand. And since it's wheelchair-accessible, everyone can come along for the ride!
- ARTS at King Street Station
ARTS at King Street Station is a new 17,130-square-foot cultural space that opened to the public in 2019. The building itself has a long and rich history, dating back to 1906 when it first opened as a train station. Today, ARTS stands as a symbol of Seattle's commitment to inclusion and equity in the arts by providing creative opportunities for people of color in Seattle and reflecting and encouraging the creativity of others in the city.
- The Black Sun
The Black Sun sculpture in Volunteer Park by Japanese artist Isamu Noguchi was created in 1969. When the piece was installed, Noguchi expressed his hope to The Seattle Times that it would become a meeting place for people. Since the installation of the sculpture, it has been a hit with locals and tourists alike. The Black Sun has become a popular spot for picnics, impromptu concerts, and even yoga classes. It's become such a beloved part of the park that when it was removed for repairs in 2017, there was an outcry from the community. Thankfully, it was returned to its rightful place soon after and continues to bring people together to this day.