The Vandenberg House Rental Information
Social Media @vandenberghouse
For Inspiration: #vandenbergdecor #vandenberglayout #vandenbergfood
AMENITIES & FACILITIES INCLUDED
2 - 8'x3' / 2 - 6' folding tables / 2 console tables
PROJECTOR & PROJECTOR SCREEN AVAILABLE
1st Fl BATHROOM
Amenities / Facilities
Space Location: First Floor
- Reception / Standing Set-up 40
- Dining / Sit-down Set-up 30
Bathroom: First Floor
Catering/Food Allowed: Yes
Alcohol Permitted: SOP
Bartender / Server Available: $25/hr
Bar Service Available: Packages
Event Rentals Exclusive Partner
Event Rental Group
Note: Space comes with 2 - 8’ x 3’ rustic table. Can be removed for $150 as part of the set-up.
Guests may cancel their booking until 30 days before the event start day and will receive a full refund (including all Fees) of their Booking Price.
Guests may cancel their booking between 30 days and 14 days before the event start time and receive a 50% refund (excluding Fees) of their Booking Price. Cancellations submitted less than 14 days before the Event day are not refundable.
We have partnered with other businesses that have the same values as us, which provides a fantastic and memorable experience for our clients. These companies are professional, budget friendly and easy to work with. They all have experience working with our team and venue which creates a seamless logistical process for our clients. More time can be focused on event details. Please reach out to any vendor to assist with your event.
BERKELEY EVENTS offers amazingly tasty dishes full with flavors from all over the world. Our clients love working with the Berkeley team who are always willing to assist and work with our client to full fill any complex food need.
MIRA MIRA CATERING : Driven by seasonal produce and local ingredients and combines a sense of flare to create unique exquisite dishes. Justin will be your contact who is an event guru and visionary. We love working with him as he provides great service with a super friendly attitude.
- EVENT RENTAL GROUP
We can make rental recommendations and handle your rental order or you can speak with the company directly.
Paul Da Cunha
- GARDEN'S PATH FLORAL DESIGN
Known as a local neighbourhood gem, we are recognized for our craftsmanship and evocative floral designs within the community. Our specialty is creating unique and thriving arrangements for any occasion, throughout the seasons.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when the
room booking arrangements are made.
2. All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition.
3. Individuals / groups must abide by The VandenBerg House no smoking policy.
4. A designated member of the group must be in charge at all times. In an emergency, such as a fire, this
person will be responsible for directing the evacuation of the room
5. The VandenBerg House is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging
to the persons renting the event space.
6. The organization of the group named on the Booking Form must agree to indemnify and save harmless
the event space against all claims of any nature, kind, and costs which may arise from such use.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on the event space property, except on
special permission of the Liquor Commission of Ontario, S.O.P. Staff must be hired through venue.
8. Any Freelancers and caterers working with the VandenBerg house are not employed by The
VandenBerg House, therefore, The VandenBerg House is not responsible for any misrepresentation, miscommunication, unfinished results or any unforeseen circumstances, including
cancellation relating to the client’s event. The VandenBerg House is committed to providing an
excellent experience for all clientele.
9. All event rentals must be ordered through The Vandenberg House’s preferred rental company, Event Rental Group.
10. Clients can bring in their own food from an approved outside caterer or chef that is licensed, insured and has their food handling certificate
11. Any glitter or sparkles found on-site will have a charge to the client of $75.
Late Fee Charges
Fees will be charged starting 10 minutes from agreed end time. $50 every 30 minutes charged in half hour
increments. Please note that we have other events before and/or after the rental times which is why we have a strict late fee policy in place.
1. Rental of an Event Space does not constitute endorsement by The VandenBerg House of the renter’s beliefs or policies. Programs must not contravene the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. The owner of The VandenBerg House reserves the right to accept or refuse a reservation or cancel any booking when in her sole discretion the event does not reflect appropriately on the VandenBerg House; and reserves the right to withdraw permission for any individual or agency for use of the rental space in the event that these regulations have been repeatedly breached.
3. Space rental fees are approved by the owner of The VandenBerg House. Rates may be changed at the owner’s discretion.
4. From time to time, the owner may authorize a waiver or reduction of rental fees for a specific renter in case where The VandenBerg House from a sponsorship, partnership or other relationship with an event or agency.
5. If renter goes over event space capacity of 50 people, The VandenBerg reserves the right to terminate the contact during or/before the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
6. If alcohol is consumed when not permitted, The VandenBerg reserves the right to cancel the contract before or during the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
7. Illegal substances on the property are not permitted at any time.
8. No booking will be confirmed until copies of the application form are returned, signed by an individual 19 years or older, accompanied by the rental fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many bathrooms do you have?
One - Main floor
2. Is your venue wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately no, but we are working on it. Thank you for your patience.
3. Can I tape decorations to the wall? Yes, only with scotch tape. All tape must be removed from walls or there may be a small fee of $50 that will be charged for removal by our cleaning staff.
4. Do you have a recommended catering list?
Yes, we have a recommend list of caterers we can provide. Our partners are professional, budget friendly and of course, create mouth watering dishes to impress all of your guests.
5. When can I start setting up for my event?
When your rental begins. For example if you reserved from 3pm to 6pm, you would be given access to the space at 3pm.
6. What can I expect when I arrive on the day of my event?
All of the equipment you requested will be in the space. There will be one dedicated staff member on hand to guide you in your set up, answer questions, assist with an issues and ensure your event is amazing success.
7. What does “event rental end time” mean?
If your event rental end time is 5pm, for example, then this means at 5pm the space you have rented must be entirely clear of people and personal belongings. You will need to factor time into your event to ferry items to the car, pack up your food that you want to take home, take down decorations and see your guests off.
8. What if I require event rentals to be delivered at the Vandenberg House prior to my event.
This request will be handled on a case by case basis. If there is space available, we can accommodate drop off the day prior to the event, if not, you would have to make arrangements for delivery on the day of your event.
9. Where can we park?
Paid parking, $2.00/hr, is available on Queen Street East from Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm. Saturday 8am – 9pm, Sunday 12-9pm Greenwood Ave has free parking as well. Be aware of the signs.
10. I would like to serve alcohol at my event. Do I need special permit?
Yes, you would have to apply for a Special Occasions Permit through the AGCO. They offer online services. You would have to apply 10 days prior to your event. It’s a simple 5 minute application. If you need guidance, please reach out to one of our staff. Your party would hire staff to
11. Can I cook/warm up in your kitchen?
Yes, we rent our kitchen to your insured, trained chef or catering company, $250. Deep frying is not permitted. Party can use and warm up food for an additional fee $150. If the appliances are not utilized, there is no fee.
12. Where do I dispose of my garbage?
The client is responsible for disposing of all garbage and recycling into the first bin on Vancouver avenue. We can handle any disposal for you for an additional rate of $50.
13. Can I use glitter or sparkles in the venue?
No, unfortunately, they are difficult to clean up. We find glitter just keeps on reappearing and since we have many types of events with different requirements, glitter cannot be used on-site. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
14. Can we light candles in the venue?
Yes, you are permitted to bring in unscented candles into the venue as long as the flame is not exposed. Ensure your guests cannot catch their clothing, hair, etc on fire if they lean close to the flame or reach over the flame. The candle can be in an over size glass vase. No open flames are permitted.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING THE VANDENBERG HOUSE.