Toronto, a metropolitan center of culture and heritage stretching back to 1793 when John Graves Simcoe was appointed Lieutenant-Governor of the region, is Ontario’s capital and Canada's largest city. In its formative years in the 19th century, Toronto quickly blossomed into an influential commercial hub, with its far-reaching international waterfront contributing significantly to this expansion.
Throughout its history, the city has also been an essential hub for outdoor meetings, events, and activities. From parades along Yonge Street to visiting dignitaries, such as Queen Victoria or U.S. President William McKinley in 1901, many have been drawn to Toronto's great outdoor spaces for formal meetings and strolls through the city's parks.
Today, Toronto is an essential destination for outdoor meetings and activities due to its extensive trails and parks offering stunning views of Lake Ontario and downtown skyline skylines. Whether for work or play, Toronto’s outdoor meeting spaces provide an ideal setting for diverse functions.
Outdoor Meeting Options in Toronto
- Furniture Rentals
Furniture rental vendors carry extensive catalogs of outdoor furniture, including tables, chairs, tents, and canopies. Their items are available in various sizes and styles so that you can find the perfect fit for your outdoor meeting space. They also provide delivery and setup services, so you won’t have to worry about getting everything set up yourself.
- Food & Beverage
Local caterers deliver selections of mouthwatering meal options for outdoor functions. From light snacks to full-course meals, they’ll ensure everyone leaves satisfied. A majority of the city’s caterers also provide mobile bar services.
- Audio/Visual Equipment
Equipment rental companies supply a comprehensive range of audio/visual gear to ensure your outdoor meeting runs smoothly. This includes microphones, audio speakers, projectors, screens, and more. They also offer the services of technicians to assist with installation and provide support during the function.
Outdoor Meeting Vendors in Toronto
- Pure AV
Pure AV is dedicated to providing more than just standard equipment with a couple of cables. Their gear is always delivered in excellent working condition and impeccably clean. This is why they offer short and long-term rentals for various clients, including corporate organizations, non-profit organizations, private event planners, churches, and schools.
- Encore Catering
For over 35 years, Encore Catering has been dedicated to providing exceptional off-premise catering services. Their team, led by Cary Silber, David Silber, and Ryan Silber, is committed to delivering impressive results for any event, from intimate gatherings to corporate celebrations. With their attention to detail and passion for excellence, you can trust that your function will be stress-free and enjoyable.
- Proper Livery
The founder of Proper Livery, a young entrepreneur from the Toronto area, has over 25 years of defensive driving experience. Despite their culinary management degree and business and marketing specialization, this skilled driver has developed a keen knowledge of Southern Ontario and Western New York's roads. Proper Livery can assist, whether you need professional transportation or just someone to run errands.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Meetings in Toronto
Organizing an outdoor meeting in Toronto promises to yield the intended results. However, it is crucial to consider both the pros and cons before making your final decision. Below is a list of some benefits and drawbacks of having meetings outdoors in Toronto.
- The natural beauty and fresh air of Toronto’s outdoor spaces can provide a relaxing atmosphere for attendees, which can help improve productivity and engagement during meetings.
- With its diverse range of parks, beaches, and other public spaces, Toronto offers plenty of unique outdoor locations to help make your function stand out.
- Outdoor meetings offer opportunities for team-building activities or enjoying fun in the sun with colleagues. This can be especially beneficial if you plan on hosting longer conferences or seminars.
- The weather conditions in Toronto can change quickly throughout the year, so it’s essential to have backup plans if your outdoor venue is impacted by rain or colder temperatures.
- Without proper preparation, outdoor meetings can attract unwanted noise from nearby pedestrians or traffic, which could be distracting for attendees.
- Depending on your group size or available space at your chosen venue, amenities like chairs and tables may not always be provided. This means they must be rented separately or brought yourself, adding to costs.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Meetings in Toronto
Outdoor meetings in Toronto provide a platform to get people with shared interests together and collaborate in a unique atmosphere. Whether you’re an organizer or attendee, having the right tools and resources can help make your outdoor meeting successful and enjoyable. Here are some helpful tips on how to organize outdoor meetings in Toronto.
- Choose the Right Location: Consider your group size, the time of year, and any exceptional amenities you might need when selecting an outdoor meeting space. Popular locations include parks, gardens, rooftops, and public squares.
- Prepare for Weather Conditions: It is essential to consider the weather conditions when planning your outdoor meeting. Ensure your attendees are well-prepared with clothes that suit the temperature, hats, sunscreen, and raincoats if necessary.
- Have Backup Plans: The weather is unpredictable, and if it rains or gets too windy, having indoor venues nearby can be a backup plan. Also, have extra chairs, blankets, and umbrellas available if needed.
- Think About Food Options: Offer food options that suit the occasion, such as refreshments (tea/coffee), snacks (nuts/fruits), or meals, depending on how long the meeting will last. You may also want to consider bringing disposable plates/utensils for convenience.
- Put Safety First: Always check for any potential hazards that could compromise safety at your outdoor meeting before it begins - watch out for branches/twigs from trees above or broken glass from pathways below!
Famous Locations in Toronto
- illumi Toronto
Illumi Toronto is a captivating and magical world of lights created by Cavalia. This nocturnal journey features thousands of monumental light structures that will leave you in awe. The experience is perfect for families, couples, and anyone who loves to be surrounded by beauty and wonder. Illumi Toronto is located in the city's heart and offers a unique opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Monument to John G. and Jemima Howard
The Monument to John George and Jemima Howard in Toronto is a beautiful homage that respects this eminent couple's remarkable legacy. You can find the monument across from Colborne Lodge - what used to be their country home - crafted out of stone specifically designed to remain timelessly beautiful over time. This gravestone is a permanent memento of John George Howard and Jemima Francis, immortalizing their lasting legacy. It pays homage to the couple for their tremendous contributions that enriched Toronto's history and culture. The inscription reads, "Sacred. To the memory of John George Howard and Jemima Francis, his wife."
- High Park-Swansea
High Park-Swansea is a picturesque residential area situated in the western portion of Toronto, boasting an abundant mixture of Ukrainians, Poles, and Serbs. As such, it has come to be revered as its own unofficial "Little Eastern Europe." The streets are often teeming with children happily playing amongst families - making for a warm atmosphere that's hard not to love. High Park-Swansea is valued for its stunning real estate properties and proximity to High Park, one of Toronto's largest parks.