In the beautiful province of Ontario, Toronto is a global center for business and entertainment. It is well known for its diverse cultures and world-class institutions that attract tourists nearby and far alike. Being one of Canada’s largest cities means a lot in terms of content creation and production, with access to state-of-the-art equipment and an abundance of opportunity awaiting passionate individuals.
The vibrant cityscape of Toronto also lends itself perfectly to meetings and events, nowhere else will you find such an exciting combination of art, cuisine, business networking opportunities, and incredible venues! With four distinct seasons and spectacular natural surroundings, it's no surprise that outdoor kitchen spaces have become increasingly popular event locations in the city.
These venues offer unique experiences and provide perfect settings for entertaining guests on a summer day or hosting a spectacular corporate function. There’s something special about socializing outdoors - so why not take advantage of everything this wonderful city offers?
Outdoor Kitchen Options in Toronto
- Personal Chefs
Toronto is home to various personal chefs who specialize in outdoor kitchen creations. Whether you’re looking for a trained chef to create a unique menu or an experienced team that can manage all aspects of your event, these professionals will ensure the food is just right for the occasion.
- Furniture Rentals
Furniture rentals from numerous Toronto companies are available to complete the outdoor kitchen experience. You can choose from a wide selection of tables and chairs, bar stools, decorations, umbrellas, and more, to add style and comfort to your gathering.
- Kitchen Equipment
If you don’t have the right equipment, event rental companies in Toronto supply diverse gear and equipment. Their inventories include items such as grills, smokers, pizza ovens, rotisseries, and more to make your outdoor kitchen the perfect place for food preparation.
Outdoor Kitchen Vendors in Toronto
- Urban Acorn Catering
Urban Acorn Catering offers delicious, innovative food solutions. They are based in Toronto and operate out of Bento Miso Collaborative Workspace. The business provides full-service catering and Vegan Supper Clubs monthly. They also have a Snack Lab where they create custom wholesale goods for coffee shops.
- Decora Events
Decora Events creates unforgettable experiences, from corporate meetings, birthdays, and anniversaries, to baby showers and weddings. They help spice up the festivities with donut walls, greenery backdrops, and other unique decorations. The team can also schedule fun activities for all ages, as part of the event entertainment.
- Lady Be Good
Lady Be Good provides entertainment services, combining R&B, jazz, pop, and soul genres. From getting Grandma up on her feet to having everyone swaying to a romantic ballad at the cocktail hour, Lady Be Good knows how to keep crowds engaged. Their distinct sound and unique spirit have made them a favorite choice among couples looking for something special on their big day.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Kitchen Events in Toronto
Outdoor kitchen events in Toronto can greatly entertain guests while taking advantage of the city’s stunning scenery. Whether a small gathering or a big corporate event, with proper preparation and support from local vendors, outdoor kitchens will surely be enjoyable and successful.
- Hosting an outdoor kitchen occasion is sure to provide an unforgettable dining experience, with selections of suitable locations around the city set against the beautiful backdrop of Toronto’s skyline.
- The outdoor environment allows guests to enjoy the open air and natural surroundings while also being more engaged in terms of following the festivities at hand.
- Outdoor kitchens are flexible venues, and they provide enough room to get creative with the decor and planned activities.
- The weather can pose an unexpected issue, and it is wise to be prepared for unforeseen changes.
- Outdoor venues always suffer from the potential of noise distractions, depending on location and there is also the risk of running into challenges relating to wildlife and insects.
- Expenses associated with hiring professionals and renting suitable equipment may drive up the cost of hosting small gatherings at such locations.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Kitchen Events in Toronto
Organizing outdoor kitchen events in Toronto can seem like an overwhelming task. But with the right tips, it doesn't have to be a chore!
- Plan and select an appropriate location: Consider residential yards, parks, or other public spaces.
- Obtain proper permits, if needed: This also ensures that your function complies with local rules and regulations.
- Enlist the help of plenty of volunteers: Take all the help you can get, with the assistance needed to set up and take down any heavy equipment that may be involved.
- Create a detailed schedule and delegate tasks: Appoint a Point Person who will be responsible for keeping everyone on task and ensuring the event runs smoothly!
Famous Locations in Toronto
Located in the heart of Leaside, Leonard Linton skatepark, affectionately known as Vanderhoof (the Hoof) among locals, is a true gem of Toronto. Originally built as part of a new housing development in an old industrial area, this small but challenging park has become a favorite amongst riders of all skill levels. As a testament to its popularity, local riders come back every year to refresh the murals and graffiti art that adorns Vanderhoof, making it one of the most vibrant outdoor skateparks around.
- King Street West
King Street West has been a vibrant hub of activity for centuries. From multicultural restaurants to bustling bars to world-class art galleries, there's something for everyone on King Street. It is the perfect spot to shop till you drop, with an eclectic range of stores running along blocks and side streets. History buffs will appreciate the majestic historic buildings like Osgoode Hall or The Great Hall that have stood proud as part of King Street West since 1832 and 1905, respectively.
- Ward's Island Beach
Ward's Island Beach in Toronto packs a lot of fun into a relatively small space. With two sandy beaches and the idyllic Tip Top beach cafe, it provides locals with the perfect place to soak up some sun on a summer day. Kayaking is another popular activity at Ward's Island Beach, and visitors can hire boats from the Toronto Island Boathouses. But there's more to Ward's Island Beach than just swimming, kayaking, and lounging; it also has plenty of natural beauty in its peaceful pathways and lush foliage.