Toronto has a vibrant and long-standing history, making it an ideal place for large weddings. The city was first settled by the Iroquois in the early 17th century and later became the capital of Upper Canada in 1793. The centuries since have seen the city grow from a small outpost to one of Canada's most populous cities. Its rich cultural fabric reflects its intertwined history as a British colony and diverse population, making it an excellent location for ceremonies celebrated by all backgrounds.
Weddings are a time-honored tradition in Toronto, where couples exchange vows in beautiful venues amongst family and friends. From magnificent heritage sites to modern art galleries, there are countless locations to host your special day. With an array of different options, you can create an unforgettable wedding experience that reflects your style.
Large weddings in Toronto come alive with all the glamour and excitement that such events bring. Whether you opt for classic elegance or contemporary chic, you'll be sure to find the perfect decor for your big day. No matter what kind of celebrations you choose to have—whether it's traditional or more laid-back—you'll find plenty of fantastic photo opportunities here in Toronto so you can cherish these precious moments forever!
Large Wedding Options in Toronto
In Toronto, there are many photographers with years of experience capturing special moments at weddings. The great thing about it is that a majority of photographers in Toronto have online portfolios, allowing you to check their previous work and determine if they are the right fit for your big day.
Toronto has an exhaustive list of musical talent, after all, it is Drake and The Weeknd’s hometown. If you are looking for suitable entertainment for your nuptials, the city offers everything, from traditional wedding bands to DJs and soloists.
- Wedding Planners
Wedding planners in Toronto exist to handle the A to Z of putting your big day together. Their goal is to handle the finer details and make sure that your nuptials go off without a hitch. Most wedding planners handle everything from budgeting, hiring vendors, coordinating logistics, and overseeing everything on the big day.
Large Wedding Vendors in Toronto
- Alisa Lyons Makeup and Hair
Alisa Lyons is a Toronto-based makeup artist and hair stylist who specializes in creating glamorous looks for weddings, photo shoots, and fashion shows. Using MAC products, Alisa and her team of professional stylists are experts in both glamour and airbrush looks. They also provide mobile makeup and hair services throughout Toronto and the GTA.
- Designed Dream Wedding & Event Planning
Designed Dream has built a reputation based on the scores of beautiful and unique events they have orchestrated through the years. The team of experienced planners and designers work closely with each client to come up with a one-of-a-kind event that reflects individuality., Designed Dream has experience planning weddings, corporate events, and private parties.
- Flowers By CC
Connie, the owner and Master Florist at Flowers By CC, comes from a family of experienced florists. The floral boutique offers an array of beautiful fresh-cut blooms, exotic potted plants, and selections of other botanical products. If you want something specific, Connie will be more than happy to cater to your needs and create custom arrangements. Or, if you are not quite sure about what sort of arrangements work best for your event, she can put together stunning displays, with just a few simple details from you.
Pros and Cons of Large Weddings in Toronto
Large weddings are becoming increasingly popular in Toronto as couples look to make their special day even more memorable. From the glitz and glamour of a five-star ballroom to the unique charm of a historic venue, Toronto offers a wide range of options for those looking to host an unforgettable wedding. To help potential brides and grooms in their decision-making process, here is a list of pros and cons associated with having large weddings in Toronto:
- The sheer size of Toronto makes it an ideal location for hosting large weddings. With its convenient transportation system, guests from out of town can easily travel to and from the event with minimal hassle.
- Planning for a large wedding requires many items such as decorations, gowns/suits, tableware, food/drinks, etc., which can be found in abundance throughout Toronto’s many stores and boutiques.
- As one of Canada's most populous cities, Toronto is home to numerous experienced professionals (e.g., wedding planners and caterers) who specialize in significant events like weddings.
- A large wedding will inevitably cost more than smaller events due to increased expenses associated with renting larger venues or hiring additional staff/professionals (e.g., florists).
- Large weddings naturally require more planning than smaller gatherings (e.g., seating arrangements), resulting in added organizational headaches for the couple during the lead-up to the event.
- Trying to please everybody regarding food/drink selections or seating arrangements might be too much for some brides/grooms.
Tips on How to Organize Large Weddings in Toronto
Planning large weddings in Toronto can be an overwhelming and daunting task. That’s why it is essential to plan your wedding carefully to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible. In this section, we will provide tips on organizing a successful large wedding in Toronto.
- Start planning early: When organizing larger weddings in Toronto, you must start planning early. This will give you enough time to scout potential venues and vendors and work out logistical issues, such as seating arrangements or transportation for out-of-town guests.
- Hire a professional wedding planner: A professional wedding planner can help ensure that everything runs according to plan on your big day and provide valuable advice on all aspects of the ceremony and reception, from selecting vendors to managing timelines and budgets. They will also have connections with leading industry professionals, which could save you both time and money in the long run.
- Secure all necessary permits: Certain permits are required for significant outdoor events, such as weddings held at public parks or beaches in Toronto. Make sure you obtain any necessary permits from local authorities before proceeding with any preparations for your event so there are no hiccups along the way.
- Gather supplies: In addition to hiring trusted vendors, it is vital that you gather all necessary supplies beforehand, including linens, cutlery, china sets, table settings, centerpieces, audiovisual equipment, etc., depending on what type of event you are hosting. Consider working with a rental company if there are items that can be rented instead of purchased outright—this could result in considerable savings over time.
Famous Locations in Toronto
- Toronto Botanical Garden
The Toronto Botanical Garden is a hidden gem in the city. This oasis provides a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of downtown. With scores of beautifully landscaped themed gardens, the ground presents opportunities for plant-centered learning, conservation, and research.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada
Found near the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium features an impressive underwater tunnel. While walking along its movable sidewalk, visitors get an up-close glimpse of ocean life, with sharks gliding by and sawfish lingering about. The jellyfish display is a spectacle, with creative and accented lighting. Touch tanks, filled with small fish and stingrays, allow visitors to have a hands-on experience.
- Toronto Zoo
The Toronto Zoo is home to approximately 5,000 animals, including lions, orangutans, tigers, and giraffes. Some of the Zoo’s highlights include the Gorilla Rainforest, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Tundra Trek. You’ll find the animal sanctuary on the Rouge River, roughly 24 miles northeast of Toronto.