Located in beautiful North Texas, Dallas is the fourth most populous city in the United States. It’s the perfect balance of a contemporary city feel and a relaxing atmosphere, with modern skyscrapers contrastingly surrounding the original architecture that dates back to the 1840s. The city is home to several professional sports teams (including the Mavericks and Cowboys) as well as many parks and other recreational attractions that make it a great place to visit or call home.
For those planning an unforgettable wedding experience, Dallas offers one of the best selections of large venue rentals in the country. With sprawling ballrooms, elegant banquet halls, luxurious country clubs, and resorts, Dallas has all kinds of large venue options that are sure to fit any couple's style or budget.
Whether you want an outdoor ceremony under a canopy of oak trees or a glamorous indoor event with crystal chandeliers and gourmet catering, Dallas has it all. Rental venues vary from classic Southern mansions with manicured grounds to modern hotels with state-of-the-art amenities—whatever your vision may be for your big day can be found within this bustling metropolis!
Large Wedding Options in Dallas
- Event Design
Event design is a crucial part of organizing a large wedding. It involves creating the overall look and feel of the event, as well as deciding on all of the specific details like decor, lighting, seating arrangements, and more. A professional event designer can help couples come up with a beautiful vision for their special day and make sure everything runs smoothly. They will also provide logistical advice to make sure that all guests are comfortable and have an enjoyable time.
Photographers are experts at capturing beautiful candid moments that will be treasured for years to come. From posed shots with family members, to intimate photos between newlyweds, a skilled photographer can document every moment as it unfolds. When selecting a photographer for your wedding day, be sure to review their portfolio to get an idea of their style and aesthetic, and inquire about what packages they offer for large events like yours.
Music plays an important role in any large wedding celebration. Booking experienced musicians who can play popular songs during cocktail hour and provide live entertainment for dancing is key to making sure your guests are entertained throughout the reception. Depending on what type of atmosphere you would like to create at your wedding, you may want to look into hiring DJs who specialize in genre-specific music or bands with multiple singers and instruments that can get everyone up on their feet!
Large Wedding Vendors in Dallas
- The Menarys
With a commitment to enhancing special occasions like weddings and other events, Shaun Menary Photography aims to create stunning photos that artfully blend photojournalism, fine art, and tradition. Professionals in the industry, Shannon and Shaun strive to captivate movement, environment, composition, lighting, and subject matter to turn the moment into an heirloom-quality photograph. At The Menarys Photography, couples can trust them to capture true-to-life memories that will last for generations. Through their expertise and eye for detail, couples will see the undeniable beauty in their wedding as illustrated through their powerful gallery of photographs.
- Bella Flora of Dallas
Bella Flora of Dallas is a full-service floral and event design company that specializes in high-end weddings and business and social gatherings. It began as a flower boutique 20 years ago, and it has since evolved into a comprehensive event planning firm. Lucy Diaz-Flores is an experienced and acclaimed event and wedding designer, with over 19 years of experience crafting beautiful settings nationwide. As the owner and creative Director of Bella Flora of Dallas, Lucy pours her passion for flowers and stunning design into creating unforgettable experiences for Bella Brides.
- Royal Dukes Band
Royal Dukes are an experienced, customizable event band that is dedicated to creating the perfect atmosphere for weddings and corporate events. They specialize in high-energy music to keep the dance floor full throughout the night, with a setlist carefully crafted according to your musical preferences. They strive to deliver outstanding service at an affordable cost, so everyone can enjoy the night without busting their budget.
Pros and Cons of Large Weddings in Dallas
Hosting a large wedding in Dallas offers a unique blend of style and culture, but there are both advantages and drawbacks to consider before making a decision. To help make deciding easier, here is a list of the pros and cons to think about.
- Dallas is easily accessible for out-of-town guests due to its strategic location along major highways and airports, as well as access to public transportation.
- From charming chapels to luxury hotels and museums, Dallas offers all kinds of venues that can accommodate any size wedding.
- Winters in Texas are usually mild, with temperatures rarely dipping below freezing, which means that outdoor ceremonies can still be possible during the winter months.
- Dallas has no shortage of entertainment options for wedding guests including museums, sports teams, great restaurants, and nightlife.
- Large weddings often cost more than smaller ones due to the additional space needed as well as food requirements, decorations, etc., making it difficult for couples on a budget to afford one in Dallas.
- Some venues may only allow certain types of decor or other restrictions which could limit what couples can do with their wedding plans.
- If the weather turns hot during summer months (commonly encountered in Texas), outdoor locations may not provide enough respite from high temperatures, making them unsuitable for larger gatherings like weddings where people may need extra cooling off time between activities.
- Organizing such a large occasion takes significant effort. It can be difficult to keep track of all the details, and some couples may feel overwhelmed.
Tips on How to Organize Large Weddings in Dallas
Planning a wedding, especially a large one, can be intimidating. Dallas offers an eclectic mix of venues and services, but the process still requires patience and attention to detail. Here are some tips for organizing a large-scale wedding in Dallas:
- Start by finding the perfect venue: With hundreds of venues to choose from in Texas, it’s important to narrow down your list based on size, amenities, and budget. Make sure you factor in extra costs such as taxes, fees, decorations rentals, and other add-ons. Once you have narrowed down your choices to three or four different locations that fit your needs best, tour each one and take pictures to help compare the options later on.
- Gather the necessary documents: Before booking a Dallas wedding venue, make sure you have all the paperwork required by law. This includes marriage license application forms and any appropriate permits or licenses needed for the event (e.g., food handling permit or outdoor gathering permit). In addition to these items, you may need to provide proof of insurance if specified by the facility authority or certifying organization.
- Get creative with catering options: Catering is an essential component of any large wedding celebration in Dallas. Consider hiring one of the many local caterers that specialize in Texas-inspired cuisines such as Tex-Mex dishes or smoked meats—this will give your guests something unique to enjoy! Also, look into food trucks as another catering option; they’re becoming increasingly popular at weddings due to their cost-efficiency and delicious offerings.
- Divide tasks among family members and friends: From helping with decorations and music setup to managing guest lists and ushering people around during events, enlist willing family members and trusted friends ahead of time so that everyone has a role to play during your big day!
- Work with professionals when possible: While having family members lend a hand is great for building camaraderie amongst those involved in the event planning process, sometimes it's better (and less risky!) to hire professional services for key aspects like sound system rental or videography instead of relying solely on volunteers who may not have enough experience for complex tasks like these.
- Track expenses carefully: Last but not least, keep track of all expenses associated with planning your big day in Dallas! Create a spreadsheet detailing every vendor payment made throughout the entire process so that nothing gets lost along the way.
Famous Locations in Dallas
- First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church of Dallas is a true icon. Founded back in 1856 and considered the first Southern Presbyterian church, it quickly developed a reputation for charity for those in need. On its very first day of existence, it distributed food and clothing to the less fortunate of the region—something that has continued through today. You can trace this tradition of providing aid to orphans and abandoned children back to the late 1800s when the church established a home specifically for them on Annex and Bryan Streets. To this day, visitors are greeted by a state historical marker at that same institution's entrance in Itasca, Texas which celebrates its origin in Dallas's First Presbyterian Church.
- Casa Linda Plaza
Casa Linda Plaza has been a part of the Dallas landscape since 1945. The Spanish Revival Style plaza was developed by Howard D. Brown, inspired by his visit to San Antonio. He hired architects Sidney Milan and Jon Roper to construct a shopping center like no other in the area, with bells towers, balconies, brick embellishing, clay tile roofs, decorative ironwork, and wooden carvings. Over the years, it has seen plenty of renovations but remains a unique shopping experience with more than 100 businesses—restaurants, retailers, service providers, and more! Casa Linda Plaza is truly a sight to behold and is proof of the impact of Brown's bustling imagination all those decades ago.
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek is steeped in history, with its beginnings dating back to the early 1920s. Its owners had the vision to be inspired by international travel and architectural designs from Renaissance Italy, bringing these influences together and constructing a mansion that was opulent and fit for a variety of parties and iconic guests such as President Roosevelt and Tennessee Williams. Years later, it became the property of The Rosewood Corporation. They re-envisioned the space and modernized it while preserving its grandeur, making it one of Dallas's best-kept secrets: an unassuming yet amazing luxury experience.