Vancouver, BC is a vibrant city nestled among snow-capped peaks and a meandering coastline. Boasting some of the most stunning natural beauty in the world, Vancouver is a major cultural hub in Western Canada and home to a diverse array of people, cultures, and activities.
The Couve is the perfect destination for anyone searching for either a vibrant city packed with restaurants and stores or a serene mountain retreat surrounded by lush forests. Because of its abundance of magnificent landscapes, the city has etched a name for itself as an ideal destination for myriads of gatherings and business functions.
There are plenty of outdoor business spaces in Vancouver offering amenities such as picnic tables, wooden shelters, and large grassy fields. Meeting groups can also consider some of Vancouver’s rooftop patios or terraces. From the city’s world-renowned beauty to its plentiful recreation opportunities and dynamic meeting spaces, Vancouver BC truly has something for everyone to enjoy!
Outdoor Meeting Options in Vancouver
- Equipment Rentals
Organizing a meeting outdoors in Vancouver BC requires access to appropriate equipment. Renting the necessary items can be done through a wide variety of services available in the city. Most event rental companies provide basic items such as tables, chairs, and tents, as well as more specialized audio-visual equipment like PA systems, microphones, projectors, and diffused lighting. These companies also offer assistance with the setup and takedown of rented items if requested.
- Food and Drinks
Having delicious food and drinks on hand is an important part of any outdoor meeting. The city’s caterers in the area specialize in unique food selections for outdoor gatherings that may include locally sourced ingredients from farms around Vancouver BC. Examples could range from exotic ethnic cuisine to classic picnic fare for a casual gathering. In addition to food services, there are also mobile beverage services that cater to such occasions, delivering everything including specialty cocktails or local craft beers for those who wish to imbibe responsibly.
Adding decorations can help create an inviting atmosphere for outdoor meetings held in Vancouver BC. Companies like party planners or florists may offer their services for creating creative decorations that can bring a special ambiance to your outdoor space. These include floral arrangements, custom banners or signs, balloon installations, or even string lights depending on the overall vision desired. Specialty lighting can also add depth to an outdoor event by subtly highlighting key areas of focus while providing a warm glow throughout the space.
Outdoor Meeting Vendors in Vancouver
- Meet2Eat Catering Food Truck Catering
Meet2Eat Catering Food Truck Catering is the perfect solution for your next big event. The company specializes in providing community and corporate events with a full range of catering services. It offers delicious, handcrafted dishes made from the freshest local produce and unique spices from abroad for an authentic Middle Eastern flavor, and a menu that caters to a wide variety of tastes and budget needs. From customizing office group lunches to designing movie sets for the holidays, Meet2Eat covers all aspects of event planning from start to finish.
- Point Grey Tent and Event Rentals
Point Grey Tent and Event Rentals is the go-to source for renting tents and event equipment of the highest quality. With their unbeatable service, they will help you from concept to completion — from budget development to ensuring delivery and installation goes smoothly. Its extensive range of products includes tents, furniture, glassware and cutlery, portables, and flooring. Moreover, its team of support staff provides additional peace of mind with on-site personnel available for large events should any unexpected needs arise.
- Photo Box & Co.
Photo Box & Co. is a professional photo booth rental service based in Vancouver, BC. The business provides an interactive and fun experience for all types of celebrations with its industry-grade equipment and superior services. Rental with Photo Box & Co. is a straightforward process, allowing you to choose from several personalized templates and backdrops. All equipment used is regularly updated so customers receive the best possible product; this commitment to quality and reliability ensures that each event runs smoothly.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Meetings in Vancouver
Outdoor meetings in Vancouver provide an interesting twist on the traditional business atmosphere and they are often more enjoyable and memorable for participants. However, there are also several potential drawbacks to consider when planning an outdoor meeting. Here are some of the pros and cons of holding a meeting outdoors in Vancouver BC.
- Vancouver is renowned for its stunning landscapes, with lush green spaces, majestic mountains, and breathtaking ocean views — all of which make for a truly unique and inspiring environment for any outdoor meeting.
- Being outdoors can help to improve focus and unlock creativity levels among participants, allowing them to brainstorm more effectively as a group.
- Outdoor meetings provide attendees with the opportunity to walk or take part in recreational activities as part of the meeting itself — this can help to increase engagement levels and create a more energized atmosphere overall.
- The climate in Vancouver is notoriously unpredictable, meaning it’s difficult to plan an outdoor event with any certainty of favorable weather conditions during the meeting period.
- It’s easy for participants to become distracted by their surroundings when outdoors; therefore ensuring concentration remains high amongst attendees can be challenging when compared to a regular boardroom setting.
- Outdoor meetings require more advanced planning and coordination, as there are often additional safety considerations to be taken into account.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Meetings in Vancouver
Outdoor meetings are becoming a popular way to connect with others in the beautiful city of Vancouver. With many outdoor spaces to choose from and stunning views all around, it is easy to see why people are looking to explore this new way of gathering, while still following social distancing protocols. Here are some tips on how you can organize an outdoor meeting in Vancouver BC:
- Check the Weather: Before making any solid plans for your outdoor meeting, be sure to check the weather for that day and make sure the forecast looks good. It is important to know what the temperature will be so you can plan accordingly, as well as check for any potential rain or wind that may disrupt your gathering.
- Find an Appropriate Location: Consider what type of outdoor space would be suitable for your meeting. If you need more privacy or a quieter environment, consider away from high-traffic areas like a park or beach. However, if you want a more open atmosphere with larger groups of people, try a downtown location like Granville Island or Stanley Park.
- Prepare Supplies: Depending on the time and length of your meeting, make sure you bring enough supplies such as chairs, tables, and umbrellas if necessary. Consider sitting arrangements so everyone has enough space while still being able to interact comfortably with each other without feeling too cramped or crowded.
- Utilize Technology: Consider using technology such as video conferencing tools if some guests cannot attend in person due to travel restrictions or other circumstances. This allows them to still be part of the discussion without having to risk their safety by traveling outside their home city/country.
- Ask for Feedback: After the meeting, don’t forget to gather feedback from attendees about their experience and what could be improved on during future outdoor meetings - whether it’s related to comfortability, organization, or accessibility issues — this will help create a better experience overall!
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Vancouver Lookout
When it comes to unique views of Vancouver, the Vancouver Lookout takes first place. With its glass walls and dizzying height, visitors can be quickly transported to the top — a full 169 meters — in just 40 seconds. From this remarkable vantage point, there's nothing quite like seeing the city sparkling below or taking in its lush surroundings of sea and mountains. To learn more about the city’s history, check out the informative photo panels located inside the tower; these are sure to give any visitor a deep appreciation for just how much Vancouver has changed over time.
- Totem Poles
Visitors who stop by Stanley Park in Vancouver can experience a visually stunning landmark - the Totem Poles at Brockton Point. These magnificent creations tell stories of ancient pre-contact cultures, and viewing them up close will transport you back in time. The poles come alive in their colors, symbols, and images such as bears, eagles, whales, humans, and other creatures unique to First Nations culture. Plan ahead and come early or late to get a great view without dealing with the larger tour buses present throughout summer days.
- Jack Poole Plaza
Located in the heart of Vancouver, Jack Poole Plaza was transformed into an iconic venue for the city's 2010 Olympic Winter Games. With unparalleled views of the Burrard Inlet, this public plaza offers visitors a glimpse of Vancouver's natural beauty and a great opportunity to explore the waterfront trail and admire pieces of public art and historic plaques. If you're lucky enough to be there during a special occasion, the crowd-pleasing Olympic Cauldron will be lit, inspiring nostalgia and pride in those who have witnessed some of Vancouver's most memorable moments!