Phoenix, Arizona, is a vibrant Southwestern city located in the Sonoran Desert. It’s the sixth-most populous city in the United States, with over 1.5 million people. Known for its hot, dry weather, Phoenix has become a major cultural hub with access to unique activities such as hiking Camelback Mountain, taking a hot air balloon tour of its expansive desert landscape, or simply enjoying its balmy sunsets.
Outdoor reception venues in Phoenix are highly sought after due to the city’s warm climate and picturesque scenery. Hosting an event outdoors allows guests to be surrounded by the stunning desert landscape while enjoying cozy comforts in winter, like fire pits or patio heaters.
Moreover, receptions under the night sky provide a truly magical experience that no indoor venue can match. From private estates with lush gardens to golf courses with spectacular mountain vistas, there are plenty of breathtaking venues for an unforgettable outdoor wedding reception in Phoenix.
Outdoor Reception Options in Phoenix
- Furniture Rental
Furniture rental is an excellent option for outdoor receptions, as it allows you to choose from a variety of pieces that suit the needs and aesthetic of your event. Whether you are looking for tables, chairs, or bar stools, Phoenix furniture rental companies can provide quality items that match your outdoor setting and décor.
Hiring a DJ is another popular option for outdoor receptions. Not only do DJs provide entertainment by playing music tailored to the occasion, but they also act as masters of ceremony who can help keep conversations flowing and guests entertained throughout the entire event.
You’ll need wait staff during your reception, especially outdoors, where food may have to be served in an open space instead of at a formal dining table. Experienced servers will not only serve food and drinks efficiently but also be able to anticipate guests’ needs before they even ask for them.
Outdoor Reception Vendors in Phoenix
- Party People Rentals
Party People Rentals is the go-to destination for event planning and equipment rentals. Located in Phoenix, this family-owned business focuses on customer service and guarantees quality products in its inventory. Party People can help plan intimate gatherings and large-scale events with their highly experienced sales staff, who will attend to every detail. They can help organize an outdoor reception with comfortable furnishings, stylish decorations, and ambient lighting.
- The Party Staff
The Party Staff is a leader in hospitality staffing services, providing innovative solutions to events of all sizes. They go above and beyond to protect employees with Workers' Compensation, disability insurance, and other benefits. Their team of experienced professionals offers everything from wedding receptions to outdoor parties, ensuring the highest level of satisfaction for each client. The Party Staff takes great pride in their dedication to finding top talent and providing ongoing training within a flexible work environment that respects and recognizes all its members.
- Windy City DJ's
Windy City DJ's has been a beacon of excellence and trust in the Phoenix area for thirty years. They have impacted over 10,000 brides throughout Arizona by providing incredible MCing and wedding DJ services on their big day. Windy City is the preferred audio-visual provider of over 1000 businesses for their corporate events. Additionally, schools throughout Phoenix regularly turn to Windy City as their DJ for school dances, and hundreds of families hire them to provide outstanding music at birthday parties and outdoor receptions. With an impeccable track record, Windy City has become the go-to choice for entertainment, from small gatherings to large business functions.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Receptions in Phoenix
Phoenix outdoor reception venues offer a unique setting with breathtaking views for memorable experiences for couples and their guests. However, there are both advantages and disadvantages associated with hosting your reception outdoors in the Phoenix area. Here is a list of some of the key points to consider when making your decision:
- Guests can enjoy the beautiful weather. With temperatures ranging from cool nights to long, warm days, you can be sure your guests will be comfortable throughout their stay.
- An outdoor reception means having access to natural scenery, such as lush gardens or desert landscapes, allowing you to take advantage of incredible photo opportunities.
- Outdoor venues also provide ample space for larger events or those with multiple activities, like kids’ activities or live music entertainment.
- Insects and other wildlife may become a nuisance during the summer months as they try to join in on your celebration by infiltrating food dishes or landing on unwary guests.
- You’ll have limited control over sound levels due to less insulation than indoor venues provide.
- Flexibility in decorations may be limited due to restrictions on objects used outdoors (i.e., balloons, confetti).
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Receptions in Phoenix
Organizing outdoor receptions in Phoenix, Arizona, can be a great way to enjoy the city's stunning weather and diverse landscape. With so many potential venues and things to consider, it can initially seem daunting. Here are some tips on how to make your Phoenix outdoor reception successful:
- Choose the perfect location: When planning an outdoor reception in Phoenix, finding the right venue is key. Consider factors such as size, accessibility for guests, and whether or not you’ll need additional permit/licensing requirements.
- Secure all necessary supplies: You'll want to consider rental companies with an array of party supplies and provide services such as tent setup or patio heating so that no matter what the weather has in store, your reception will go off without a hitch.
- Make a detailed plan: Before the big day arrives, create an exhaustive list of items that must be set up and taken care of beforehand. This ensures that nothing gets overlooked during the hustle and bustle of the reception!
- Look into additional resources: Depending on your budget and style preferences, other options, such as catering services or entertainment, may be necessary to enhance your event even more.
Famous Locations in Phoenix
- Rosson House
Rosson House is a unique piece of history in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. Built in between 1894 and 1895 and designed by San Francisco architect A.P. Petit, the Stick-Eastlake-Queen Anne style Victorian home was originally owned by Dr. Roland Lee and Flora Murray Rosson. The house had different owners before being purchased by the City of Phoenix, which then restored it to its former glory. Rosson House was granted status as a historic house museum in 1971 when it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places for its importance in architectural and historic preservation. Today visitors can tour this unique piece of history and learn more about Heritage Square and what makes Rosson House unique.
- Desert Botanical Garden
Desert Botanical Garden is recognized worldwide for its incredible collection of desert plant species. With over 50,000 plants, it has become a special place to discover plants that thrive in extreme conditions. It houses 379 species that are considered rare, threatened, or endangered to help protect them from further depletion. Of these species, sit agave and cacti from the Opuntia sub-family catch many visitors' eyes. Under its shade houses, you will find protected plants from different climates like Australia and South America and many more.
- Chase Field
Chase Field, formally known as Bank One Ballpark, offers a unique baseball experience for fans in Downtown Phoenix, Arizona. It opened in 1998 when the Arizona Diamondbacks first took to the field as an expansion team and became the first stadium of its kind with a retractable roof covering a natural-grass field. The retractable roof ensures that Diamondback game days can remain comfortable and enjoyable even during Phoenix's hottest days.