Vancouver is a stunning city on the west coast of Canada. It is close to the North American Rocky Mountains and just across the Strait of Georgia from Vancouver Island. With its temperate climate, spectacular scenery, and diverse cultural landscape, Vancouver is regularly touted as one of the most livable cities in the world. It's a vibrant metropolis with something for everyone, from buzzy nightlife to outdoor activities like skiing and kayaking.
The city boasts a wide variety of cultural attractions; festivals, galleries, museums, and theaters are all within easy reach. Additionally, Vancouver has excellent domestic and international transport links, making it easier than ever to reach the city no matter where you’re coming from.
The unique character of Vancouver makes it an ideal destination for unusual conferences. The city’s easy access to nature and great weather allows attendees to participate in exciting activities that can’t be found anywhere else. Furthermore, its location along British Columbia’s coastline means that delegates are never more than a short drive away from some of Canada’s most beautiful beaches—perfect for relaxing after a long day at work or exploring between events.
Unusual Conference Options in Vancouver
If you're looking for a caterer that can provide food for your conference, look no further than Vancouver's many great catering companies. From delicious seafood to international cuisine, these caterers will have something to suit every taste. And with their experience in catering for corporate events and conferences, you can be sure that your event will run smoothly and everyone will enjoy themselves.
- Event Planning
Event planning companies in Vancouver can help you make your vision a reality. Whether you need help finding that unusual venue or organizing activities for your guests, these professionals will be able to assist you. Most of the time, event planners have expertise and knowledge of Vancouver's many venues, so they'll be able to help you in case you need something a little out of the ordinary.
If you're looking for live music to entertain your guests, Vancouver has no shortage of talented musicians. From classical performers to up-and-coming bands, there's sure to be a musician or band that's perfect for your event. So whether you're looking for live entertainment or just some background music, Vancouver has plenty of options to suit your style and preference.
Unusual Conference Vendors in Vancouver
- Chef Lekker Catering
Chef Wouter Schipper of Chef Lekker is a personal chef catering to the Greater Vancouver area. Chef Schipper prides himself in creating tailor-made menus and personalized service ideal for any occasion, including home parties, events, weddings, anniversaries, BBQs, and more. Classically trained in culinary arts, Chef Schipper is sure to give your conference attendees the most tantalizing dishes they’ll ever taste!
- Bright Sky Events Planning and Design
Bright Sky was established in 2012 after the owner realized they liked organizing events for other people. The team behind Bright Sky hopes to make event organizing a little easier and incorporate every element of your vision into the actual event. They have been committed to customer satisfaction since the moment they opened.
- The Rain City 6 Band
The Rain City 6 Band is quickly becoming one of Vancouver's most sought-after bands for weddings, corporate events, and dance parties! Created by seasoned, professional musicians who love music and love performing live, the Rain City 6 Band will take your conference to another level. They have knowledge and background in multiple genres, such as pop, disco, Motown, rock, and today’s Top 40, so you can rest assured your conference delegates will have a fun time singing and dancing to the music!
Pros and Cons of Unusual Conferences in Vancouver
There are a few things to consider when thinking about holding your conference in an unusual venue. It can be a fun and unique way to experience Vancouver. However, there are a few downsides to consider as well. If you want to rent an unusual venue for your next conference, weigh the pros and cons carefully to decide if it's the right choice for you.
- Vancouver has a variety of unconventional venues, such as museums, galleries, heritage buildings, theaters, and more.
- Attendees are more likely to remember a conference held in a unique venue due to its unconventional setting, providing a more memorable experience.
- Unusual conference venues are generally visually pleasing due to their intriguing architecture and fascinating features or interior elements.
- An unusual venue can be a great way to make your event stand out and get people talking.
- There are potentially difficult logistics associated with hosting an unusual conference due to the limited availability of unique venues not typically used for conferences or meetings.
- Restrictions on budget and resources may limit access to certain venues or services, which could prove costly should alternatives need to be sourced at the last minute.
- Limited public transportation options sometimes lead to increased traffic congestion during peak times which could impact schedules or event deadlines if delegates are running late for evening functions.
- Unusual venues may be more difficult to book, and they may not have all the amenities that you need for your event.
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Conferences in Vancouver
Organizing a conference in Vancouver can be a tricky endeavor, especially when it comes to unusual conferences. To help make your unique conference planning process smoother and more successful, here are some tips on how to organize unusual conferences in Vancouver:
- Research potential venues: Consider the size of the conference and its needs when researching potential venues. For example, do you need an auditorium with a stage and large screens, or a conference room perfect for small workshops? Choose a venue that meets all your requirements in terms of location, facilities, and amenities.
- Develop a detailed timeline: Establish deadlines for tasks such as booking speakers, marketing materials, designing promotional materials, setting up registration systems, and more. Make sure to stick to the timeline to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day of the event.
- Secure permits and licenses: Depending on where you are holding the event, you may need to secure certain permits or licenses from local authorities. Ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork in place before proceeding with other aspects of organizing your unusual conference.
- Invite speakers: Inviting well-known industry experts and experienced professionals is key to making your conference successful. Use social media platforms such as LinkedIn or Twitter to reach out to potential speakers who could give valuable talks at your event.
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Vogue Theatre
Do you want to visit a place with the historic feel of old Vancouver? Check out the Vogue Theatre, located on Granville Street. The only remaining theater in Vancouver’s popular Theatre Row, Vogue, started in 1941 as a place for movies and performing arts. Now, it continues to be a popular destination for live music, film screenings, and corporate functions. The theatre’s goal is to make art and theatre accessible to the broader public.
- BC Sports Hall of Fame
Situated in Vancouver's bustling downtown area, the BC Sports Hall of Fame contains an extensive collection of artifacts that commemorate 150 years of sports achievements in British Columbia. Visitors can explore the colorful galleries and learn about the individuals, teams, and organizations who have made sports such an important part of the province's culture and history. Whether you're a sports fan or not, you won't be disappointed when you visit the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
- Vancouver Public Library
The Vancouver Public Library is Vancouver’s central library and the most visited public library across 21 locations in Canada. It has become a go-to resource location, providing books and other reading materials (including digital resources) to the residents for over 100 years. The library has an expansive collection of materials, from books to digital content, covering topics such as community information, Vancouver history, world languages, works by indie authors, and unique collections such as indigenous, genealogy, music, magazines, and more.