Top Pop Up spaces
Looking for a unique Pop Up space? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
Beautiful East Facing studio in historic Gastown. East facing means direct morning light and beautiful ambient light into the afternoon. This studio is well suited for photo shoots.
The space is equipped with a round marble table and two chairs, a arm chair, bench,plants and a few accent pieces. Purposely keeping the space minimal, but with enough items to create a cozy vibe or keep it simplistic. There are prop shelves in the studio you are welcome to utilize.
seamless paper, stands, lighting available at an additional fee.
Day rate is for 8 hours. Shared bathroom on floor, not private.Applicable taxes will apply and be added at payment.
This heritage studio is a beautiful space for your meeting, photo shoot, podcast, recording, creative writing or exercise program. It is equipped with a couple of basic tripods, a professional microphone set with USB, plug in sound system and more equipment is available upon request.
The office is located in the historic Dominion Building and has beautiful vintage vibes. It is an economical studio, vibrant workspace and meeting place in the heart of Gastown. Parisian style windows frame views of downtown, Canada Place, Vancouver harbour and North Shore mountains. Minimal furnishings for maximum open space with a cozy feel and some extra comfort. It’s a blank canvas and a very private studio for yoga, Pilates or other gentle movement practice.
Exercise mats and equipment are available for low impact exercise use and/or photos. There are shared washrooms for the use of all offices on the same floor It’s a central location for client meetings, learning sessions, counselling or photography. Natural light floods the space from the west.
Located centrally in the heart of Gastown. This north facing studio is perfect for creative shoots and content creation, filled with beautiful, natural light throughout the day.
Included in the studio rental is the following: [Refer to photos]
· Sandbags (4)
· V-Flats (One white, two black/white)
· Variety of chairs (ex. stool, wooden bar stool chair, apple boxes)
· Props: Plants (3), small bust
· Clothing Rack
· Desk + Small Side Table
Additional rentals: Please let us know if you are interested in renting the following for an additional fee.
· Various Backdrops: 4' & 9'
· Backdrop Stand
· 66" x 24" Clamshell Reflector w/ Stand (Silver/ Gold/ White/ Black)
· Various Light Modifiers for Bowens (strobe not included): 22" Beauty Dish, 55" Octabox, 24" Octabox, 23.6" x 35.4" Softbox, Reflector Mounts
· Impark is available beside the building, in addition to street parking.
· There are two (2) shared bathrooms on the floor.
· Best Light: Morning to early afternoon
· *Unfortunately, there are no elevators in the building. Access to the studio is by stairs only (we are on the third floor).
Welcome to AM Studios, a creative multipurpose space designed by creatives for creatives. Whether you're shooting a commercial, executing a photoshoot, hosting an event, or anything in between, We've got you covered. Conveniently located in Railtown, & South facing with large windows for all that natural light goodness.
- 12x9ft Cove Wall
- x4 7ft Seamless Paper Backdrops
- Double Sided 8x8ft Wall Flat (Natural Wood & Dark Grey)
- C Stands, Sandbags, Pony Clamps & AC Available
- 12x20 Black Muslin for Use Over the Cove
- 6 Step Ladder
The white cove is painted regularly, however if you would like to guarantee a flawless surface it can be painted the night before for $65.
Located in the heart of Yaletown, close to all amenities, 1200 square foot photo studio in a 110 year old heritage building. Large windows, 13 foot ceilings, and an antique industrial bay door. Studio Includes makeup and change room, full kitchen and washroom, and a parking stall right out the bay door. (great for loading) Rental includes 6 C Stands, a 7 Foot Chimera Octabank, a 7 foot Chimera Softbox, both on rolling stands, a 36 inch Westcott Rapid Box Octabox, 2 Profoto D1 heads with Pocket Wizards, and 2 black and white V Flats. Extra Profoto heads and accessories are available for an additional fee.
Our ground level studio in Strathcona is best used for photo and video production (if not requiring soundproofing) and ideal for portrait and commercial work.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
- a wall of south facing windows with plenty of natural light and blinds that can be pulled down to filter the light
- a 10 ft wide x 8 ft high movable wall that doubles as a backdrop (plywood one side, painted drywall on the other side)
- v-flats that are black one side, white on reverse
- one c-stand and apple box
- industrial concrete floors
- lounge area with a small couch, chair and side tables
- variety of seating and stools available.
- ceiling height 11 ft.
- the open front space measures 15.9 ft wide by 27 ft
- wifi, and bluetooth speaker
- free street parking is available in the area
BOOKING AVAILABILITY / RESTRICTIONS:
- Regular operating hours are M-F 9am-5pm
- 3 hour minimum booking M-F during operating hours
- 4 hour minimum booking on weekends
- Reduced hourly fees for bookings longer than 7 hours
- Currently, due to Covid-19 needs for distancing, bookings for more than 4 people during regular business hours require a buyout of an additional $200 since the studio has 4 desks (separate from the shoot space) that are used by other photographers regularly and we cannot be in the space for larger productions due to social distancing. Bookings on the weekend are exempt from this fee.
*Animals are not allowed except under special circumstances (ie. assist animals). Please inquire.
- Hourly rate is $70
- Full day rate is $425 and includes 8 hours. Additional hours can be booked for a discounted rate.
- Bookings for more than 6 people are subject to an additional fee of $30 per person.
- A variety of paper backdrops are available to rent (9 ft and 4.5 ft options) as well as backdrop support kits, extension cords, etc. for an additional fee. Please inquire prior to booking day.
**A $50 cleaning fee is added to every booking. We are increasing disinfecting all high touch surfaces multiple times a day and increased overall cleaning due to Covid-19.
***For custom requests beyond what is outlined, please ask and we will do our best to accommodate.
Welcome to ANOMALY!
Located in the Mount Pleasant community of Vancouver, BC, our studio houses a photography space equipped with 9’ paper photography backdrop, dance mirrors, a stylish living room, kitchen, bathroom and spacious work area.
Our studio is full of one of a kind art and decoration, you won’t find anything else like it.
ANOMALY is perfect for photoshoots, dance rehearsals, video shoots, small events, meetings, pop ups, live music events, art shows, and much more.
Studio Amenities Include:
-9’ paper backdrops (White, black and baby blue)
-8’ dance mirrors
-Comfortable living room area with couches and a bean bag chair
-Kitchen including microwave, mini fridge, sink, kettle and coffee machine
-2 smaller work tables
-Speaker & wifi
-Please note our studio is on the 3rd floor with no elevator, therefore unfortunately not wheelchair accessible. Please keep this in mind as you will need to bring all of your belongings up and down the stairs.
-There is no reserved parking for the studio, but there is plenty of street parking in the surrounding area. We are walking distance from a variety of bus routes, as well as the Olympic Village skytrain station.
-Rental of specialty lighting or sound equipment can be arranged for your event.
Our industrial styled photography studio is conveniently located in East Vancouver. With 25 foot ceilings, grey concrete floors, white walls, 12 foot wide paper backdrops, à la carte equipment rental, and expert studio support, we offer a unique, no-fuss, and airy studio.
560 Gallery also offers ample street parking, equipment storage space, and a bathroom/change room. The unique art space also functions as an art gallery and comfortable gathering spot for meetings and events complete with AV equipment.
The art space is a production of PrintMaker Studio, a fine art print studio, and Kasko Frame Works, a custom frame shop located at 560 Clark Drive.
Please note: the property also functions as a working printing and framing shop and these sections may be occupied with staff and customers. If you have questions, we're happy to offer a site tour in advance of your booking.
Natural Light Lifestyle Studio in Gastown’s Historic Dominion Building.
This bright, south-facing studio is located on the 11th floor and is 300 square feet.
We designed a textured concrete accent wall ideal for Product Photography.
Studio Equipment available:
•Savage BD Port A Backdrop Stand
•BD Seamless ‘Super White’ Paper 4x36
•BD Seamless ‘Pongee’ 4x36
•Industrial Wardrobe Rack
Option to hire qualified Production Assistant or Stylist Assistant for additional fee of $30/hr.
For a decade, we have been proudly producing webinars, virtual events, and meetings both in our studio and remotely. We partner with you to provide the team and technology to transform your in-person event to the virtual space. Our team is here to provide expertise and support so you can rest assured that your audience will experience a successful, engaging and immersive event.
Our 1300-square-foot studio is located in a 120-year old brick building in the heart of Gastown. The flexible space allows for appropriate distancing and multiple camera angles with professional lighting against a standard wall, heritage bricks, or even a green screen. We offer multiple presentation setups, including a traditional podium and mic stand, easy chair or sofa with handheld mic, table or desk and more.
Notice to location scouts: Thank you for your interest in our space. Unfortunately, Brix Studio is not available as a film location.
*Please note that the daily and hourly rates are for the studio rental only; contact us for detailed pricing for your specific event*