Vancouver is located in southwestern British Columbia on Canada's Pacific coast. The city is noted for its mild climate, natural beauty, and cultural diversity. It is a popular destination for tourists and business travelers and is home to a large number of bars and nightclubs.
The city’s bar scene is incredibly vibrant, with options ranging from trendy cocktail lounges to sports bars. It attracts visitors from all corners of the globe for its Vancouver events, where local bars take advantage of the increased foot traffic. The nightlife in Vancouver is considered some of the best in the world!
If you’re a filmmaker or an event organizer looking for a bar venue to host your activity, look no further! There are so many different bars to pick from—each with a distinctive feel—that it can be tough to know where to start. Whether you want a relaxed evening catching up with buddies over drinks or an epic location where you can film your new project, there's the surefire spot for everyone's taste.
Bar Event Options in Vancouver
- Security Services
Security services are essential for organizing events in bars in Vancouver. With the help of Vancouver's professional security personnel, event organizers can create a safe and secure environment for guests to enjoy themselves. These professionals can manage entry and exit points, monitor guest behavior, enforce rules and regulations, provide crowd control, and respond to emergent situations. Additionally, they may provide access control by verifying identification at the door or checking bags before entering the venue.
When you are hosting a gathering in Vancouver, it is vitally important to select the right musical entertainment—something that not only matches your budget but also fits with the atmosphere of your event. From lively DJs playing modern beats to live bands covering classic rock and roll tunes, there is an endless selection of options for all kinds of bars and venues. Taking time to truly consider what kind of music would best suit your occasion can make or break its success.
- Staffing Services
If you require experienced personnel for an event hosted at a bar in Vancouver, staffing services are a perfect choice. Numerous specialized agencies nearby can provide access to skillful and trustworthy candidates with prior knowledge of hospitality industry standards and practices. With their help, you'll be able to guarantee that your job role is filled by one of the many qualified individuals available!
Bar Event Vendors in Vancouver
- The Vancouver Breakdancers
The Vancouver Breakdancers are a group of professional entertainers who specialize in a wide range of dance styles. They offer tailored services to make your wedding reception or corporate event unforgettable. They offer performances such as samba, capoeira, and hip-hop; DJ services; photography; photo booths; videography; bhangra; and Bollywood fusion services. Their team of skilled dancers and DJs will work closely with you to create a custom performance that is sure to dazzle your guests.
- Vancouver Balloons
The Vancouver Balloons team has over 30 years of experience in event planning and decoration, so they know a thing or two about creativity, beauty, and customer satisfaction. At their company, each team member is vital to the success of their mission. Coming from various backgrounds and disciplines, they can offer unique perspectives and fresh ideas. They wholeheartedly dedicate themselves to offering safe and trustworthy services so that their clients can continue planning memorable events without worry. Vancouver Balloon has various balloon packages to choose from, with balloons ranging from latex to foil.
- Vancity Photo Booth
Vancity Photo Booth is an award-winning photo booth company that specializes in creating innovative and show-stopping event experiences. Founded by two experienced business and photography professionals, Vancity Photo Booth has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Vancouver Canucks, Clarisonic, Procter & Gamble, and FENDI. They utilize their cutting-edge equipment to create lifelike photo activations that are guaranteed to make any event one to remember. Currently, they offer Open-Air Photo Booth, Selfie Station, and 360 Video Booth.
Pros and Cons of Bar Events in Vancouver
As you will see below, there are both advantages and disadvantages to bar events in Vancouver. It's important to consider all of these factors before deciding whether or not a bar is the right venue for your endeavor:
- Bars are generally well-known in the area and easy to find, so guests don't have difficulty locating the event space.
- Since many people like going out to bars, hosting an event at one can make it more appealing for potential attendees.
- Many bars provide a friendly atmosphere and have entertainment options or activities such as pool tables and jukeboxes that guests can take advantage of while they’re at the event.
- Hosting an event in a bar could also save money compared to other venues because there may not be any rental fees involved.
- Bars in Vancouver generally have a limited capacity, which can make it difficult to host large events.
- Bar locations are typically less private than other event spaces, due to the open nature of their setting. This can be disruptive for certain types of events.
- Depending on the area, noise ordinances may limit the amount of time that events can go on for.
Tips on How to Organize Bar Events in Vancouver
Now that you know some of the pros and cons of bar events in Vancouver, here are a few tips on how to make sure your event is a success:
- Establish a budget: Before organizing any event in a bar, make sure to establish an accurate and realistic budget. Taking into account your estimated costs for food and drinks, entertainment, decorations, staffing, and marketing will help ensure you keep to your spending plan.
- Research the venue: If you are considering hosting an event at a particular bar in Vancouver, be sure to research the venue thoroughly. Look into the size of the space, sound system capabilities, seating availability, amenities like restrooms and parking lot access, as well as the general atmosphere of the bar.
- Secure Necessary Permits and Licenses: Depending on the type of event you are hosting at the bar, there may be additional permits or licenses you need to obtain from local authorities. Make sure to get all necessary paperwork signed off in advance so that there are no last-minute surprises on the day of your event.
- Hire professional staff: Depending on how large your event is going to be, it may be wise to hire professional staff such as bartenders or servers who have experience working events in bars. Having reliable staff that can handle serving drinks and managing guests will help ensure every detail is taken care of from start to finish.
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Downtown Vancouver
Vancouver's downtown is a bustling hub of activity, home to a concentration of businesses, shops, and restaurants. The neighborhood is also the base of several residential towers, providing homes for those who want to be close to the action. While Vancouver's downtown is geographically constrained, it still manages to pack a lot into a small area. As a result, it is one of the densest areas in the country. Downtown Vancouver is an exciting place to live, work, and play. There is always something to do, and the neighborhood is a great place to people watch. If you're looking for an urban environment that has it all, downtown Vancouver is the place for you.
- Search Sculpture
The Search sculpture is a popular destination for both locals and tourists in Vancouver. The sculpture, which portrays a woman searching for something in her purse, is located on a Devonian Harbour Park bench near the road. Many people enjoy taking photos with the sculpture, and it is not uncommon to see a bouquet placed in the open spectacle case. The sculpture is a reminder that sometimes we can be so focused on our search that we overlook what we are looking for.
- Bloedel Conservatory
The Bloedel Conservatory is a beautiful domed botanical garden located in Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver's highest point. The temperature-controlled environment houses more than 500 exotic plants and flowers and 100 exotic birds. Prentice Bloedel donated the land and resources to construct Bloedel in 1969 with the intention of it being a space for people to learn about and appreciate plants. The heritage building is now jointly operated by the Vancouver Botanical Garden Association and Vancouver Park Board. If you are interested in both beauty and knowledge, the Bloedel Conservatory is the ideal destination for you!