Chicago is a major city located in the northern region of the United States, along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan. It has a population of over 2.7 million people, making it one of the most populous cities in America. Chicago is known for its world-class museums, vibrant nightlife, and diverse culture, making it an ideal destination for travelers worldwide.
When hosting a bar event in this city, participants can expect to find something to suit their tastes. Chicago's bar scene is filled with carefully crafted beers, spirits, as well as international labels. With so many different bar spaces located throughout the city, you’ll get a taste of Chicago’s captivating nightlife.
The city's warm climate allows visitors to enjoy outdoor activities such as lounging at waterfront bars or rooftop terraces with breathtaking views of Lake Michigan and its skyline during summer events. In colder months, visitors can cozy up inside some of Chicago’s renowned themed bars, where they can learn about Prohibition-era cocktails and much more. Hosting a bar event in Chicago can be an unforgettable experience filled with great food and drinks, stunning landscapes, and an array of unique cultures worldwide.
Bar Venue Options in Chicago
There are many popular vendors if you're looking for a professional and experienced bartending service in Chicago. They provide bartenders for all types of events, from small parties to large corporate gatherings.
- Event Planners
Whether you're arranging an intimate gathering or a large-scale event, the Chicago team of event planners can help make your vision a reality. From finding the perfect venue to coordinating all the details, they'll take care of everything so you can relax and enjoy your event.
Capture all the memories of your event with professional photography services. Local photographers will help capture the moments you want to remember, from the big ones to the small details.
Bar Venue Vendors in Chicago
- Alston Co. Photography
Charles C. Alston, Jr. has had the pleasure of assisting his clients in capturing memories they will never forget. After working for over ten years as an assistant at Manson Photography Studios, he received advice and support from his mentor, who encouraged him to pursue freelance photography. Alston Jr. opened Alston Co. Photography in 2014 and now serves the Chicago Area. His work has been spread over many publications, and he ensures that he captures the emotional aspect behind all images.
- unMuddled Bartending Company
unMuddled Bartending Company is a mobile bartending and mixology service based in Chicago. They offer experiential bar services and interactive mixology classes perfect for private parties, corporate events, and other special occasions. The goal is to provide unMuddled Bartending Company's clients with an unforgettable, fun, and educational experience. They also offer virtual mixology classes for those who can't attend one of their live events. Whether you're looking to impress your guests or simply learn more about mixology, they have something for everyone.
- Rose Lane Styling
Rose Lane Styling is a full-service event planning and design company established in 2014. They are based in the Chicagoland area and service all special events. They will take care of all the minute details, so you don't have to. They assist in developing your vision and using all resources (time, money, peace of mind) in the most efficient manner possible. Rose Lane Styling even coordinates your special event to handle your vendors.
Pros and Cons of Bar Events in Chicago
Holding bar events in Chicago can be a great way to bring friends and family together, enjoy the local nightlife, and explore the city. However, one must understand some of the advantages and disadvantages of holding bar events in Chicago before taking the plunge.
- Chicago is home to some truly fantastic nightlife scenes with a wide variety of bars, pubs, lounges, restaurants, and nightclubs. Booking a unique bar venue won't be difficult.
- With easy access to transportation in the city center (public buses, trains) and all around the city (Uber/Lyft), reaching your chosen bar venue in Chicago should not be an issue.
- Chicago is known for its vibrant culture, which can create a fantastic atmosphere at any bar event you might organize. People from all walks of life flock to this great city daily, so your event could easily become an unforgettable experience for all involved!
- Unfortunately, hosting an event in any major city comes with certain risks due to increased safety concerns. Proper safety precautions are taken beforehand (hiring additional security personnel if needed) to ensure everyone has a positive experience at your bar event.
- Another disadvantage is the potential cost associated with organizing an event in Chicago due to higher rent prices as well as taxes imposed on alcohol sales within the state. Establish a realistic budget before committing yourself to host a bar event here.
- Because there are so many different types of bars available throughout the city, it may be difficult for first-time organizers to decide which one fits their particular needs best without visiting several bars beforehand.
Tips on How to Organize Bar Events in Chicago
Organizing a bar event in Chicago can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you are planning a local gathering, an all-inclusive extravaganza, or something in between, the following tips will help you ensure your event is successful and memorable:
- Start early. The sooner you prepare for your event, the better. Give yourself plenty of time to contact vendors and other venues, secure permits if needed, find entertainment or speakers and create promotional material. Keep track of key dates so you can stay on top of important deadlines.
- Choose your venue carefully. When selecting your venue, consider how many people it holds and its distance from public transportation/parking options if attendees need them. Don’t forget to inquire about amenities such as audio/visual capabilities that may be necessary for your event.
- Pick the right date and time. Consider holidays and special events that may conflict with your date and the availability of speakers or entertainment providers. Think about what time of day is most convenient for those attending. Late morning or mid-afternoon options can still be festive but don’t have quite the same impact as an evening out.
- Cater to your audience. Identify your target audience – their interests and preferences – so you can tailor your event accordingly. Make sure you choose amenities that are appropriate for everyone attending.
- Monitor your budget closely. Set a budget early on in the planning process and try to stick to it! Track expenses regularly so you don’t end up overspending or having unexpected costs creep up on you when it’s too late to do anything about them. Get detailed quotes from vendors before signing contracts so there won’t be any surprises down the line.
- Promote your event strategically. Use social media platforms to spread the word about your bar event in Chicago. It will help attract more attendees than just contacting people directly would accomplish alone. Focus on creating content that resonates with potential guests instead of just talking about yourself – include images whenever possible too.
- Plan for cleanup. Whether it’s required by law or simply courtesy towards other businesses nearby, ensure you have a plan for cleaning up after yourself once everyone leaves. It includes disposing of trash properly and providing adequate restroom facilities with enough supplies.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- North Avenue Beach
Chicago is known for being a cold, windy city. However, many people don't know that Chicago summers are some of the best. North Avenue Beach is one of the best areas to enjoy the summer in Chicago. You can swim, go boating, or take a yoga class as the sun rises. If you're looking for an indoor activity, the beach house has got you covered. With more than 22,000 square feet, it offers breathtaking water views. So next time you're in Chicago, check out North Avenue Beach! You won't be disappointed.
- Taste of Chicago
Founded in 1980, the Taste of Chicago is an annual food festival in downtown Chicago. The event is free, and food is sold via a ticket system that allows for both sample-size and full-sized purchases. With upwards of three million visitors per year, the Taste of Chicago is one of the largest food festivals in the world. The event features vendors from around the globe, offering everything from egg rolls to tacos and tamales to pastries. In addition to food, the Taste of Chicago also offers live entertainment, including concerts, dancing, and cooking demonstrations. For anyone who enjoys good food, the Taste of Chicago is an event not to be missed.
- Lincoln Park Zoo
The Lincoln Park Zoo is so well-known in Chicago that it's sometimes referred to as the "Chicago Zoo." However, this city does not have its own zoo, and this may be because the Lincoln Park Zoo is already fabulous. It is one of the oldest zoos in North America. It was established in 1868, and some of its original buildings are still in operation today. There's even an oak tree that predates the founding of Chicago itself! You can watch lions prowling, rhinos snuffling in the mud, monkeys lounging around hot springs, and penguins waddling on the ice. Lincoln Park Zoo also offers special events where you can get within touching distance of the animals. From feeding to petting, the staff will ensure a safe and memorable encounter.