About New York
New York is "The city that Never Sleeps." Located in the Northeastern region of the United States, this bustling metropolitan is filled with skyscrapers and iconic attractions like Times Square, world-class museums, and most notably, distinct restaurants and diverse bars perfect for unwinding after a long day.
Speaking of bars, New York has plenty of them! Regardless if you’re looking for a low-key wine bar or a unique speakeasy tucked away in an alleyway, over 8 million locals and tourists alike have come to appreciate these watering holes.
The diversity can’t be beaten with specialty cocktails like fashionably-crafted martinis that are now underground favorites thanks to this city’s influence for its rich history in culture. It's no wonder why New Yorkers love their “local spots” so much – it really is an amazing place to be!
Bar Event Options in New York
- Disc Jockeys
DJs can add excitement and energy to any event. They can get people on the dance floor and keep them there all night. When selecting a DJ for your event, ask about their experience with events of the same size and type as yours.
Bar events are no exception to the rule that drinks are crucial at any celebration. Make sure you have a variety of beverages, including cocktails, beer, and wine, available. For those who don't drink, provide suitable non-alcoholic alternatives.
Catering is another vital part of any bar event. You'll need food for your guests to eat both during the event and after the DJ has finished playing. Be sure to select a caterer with experience with bar events that can provide various food options.
Bar events, like weddings or parties, require special attention to detail. When it comes to decor for your event, there are many options and influences to consider. You'll want to pick something that fits the mood you're going for and complements the theme or style of your party. Work with a decor firm that has dealt with bar events before.
Bar Event Vendors in New York
- Rob Hines Entertainment
For over ten years, Rob Hines Entertainment (RHE) has been offering unmatched style and enthusiasm to all types of events in NYC. No affair is too large or small for their company as they have a dedicated team of DJs, photographers, videographers, and photo booth attendants. Expect a seamless experience from start to finish. RHE is a team of skilled professionals with diverse backgrounds in event planning. If you want a party that will be talked about for years, extensive experience guarantees it.
- ALCHEMIQ Catering
ALCHEMIQ Catering offers top-of-the-line catering in NYC. They provide custom catering experiences that highlight the distinctive artistry of their team and collaborators. Their menus consist of the best hors d'oeuvres and delicious desserts, and all are served in just the right portion size. Whether your event is in motion, they guarantee their presentations will be flawless. Their luxurious bar service comes complete with delicious cocktails.
- Event Decor NYC
Decor NYC is a New York-based event decorating business aiming to deliver its clients the most fabulous possible event furnishings, lighting, and draping rentals. They think every occasion should be unique and unforgettable, which is why they provide a comprehensive range of services to fit everyone's needs. From runways to plasma displays to velvet ropes and wedding draping, they have everything you'll need to ensure your party goes off without a hitch. They offer their assistance in places such as New York City metro area, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Philadelphia, and Boston.
Pros and Cons of Bar Events in New York City
Whether you are looking to host a small gathering or a large event, bar events in New York City offer ample opportunities for all. From cozy bars and lounges to high-end clubs, there is something for everyone. However, pricey drinks and cover charges, noise levels, long lines, and limited capacity at some venues, as well as strict dress codes could be a deterrent for some. With all factors considered, bar events in New York City can be a great way to celebrate any occasion.
- In NYC, there is a wide variety of venues to choose from, including cozy bars and lounges as well as high-end clubs.
- Bar venues typically have a great selection of drinks and food options.
- The entertaining atmosphere with music, lighting, and décor makes them suitable spaces for diverse occasions.
- Bar spaces provide an opportunity to meet new people and make connections when hosting events like mixers.
- Most of the city's watering holes have a reputation for being pricey. Drinks and cover charges may be a deterrent for some.
- The noise levels at these establishments interfere with conversations, hence why they are limited to their suitability for specific events.
- It can be difficult to access certain venues due to long lines and limited capacity if you are unable to lock down the entire place for the occasion.
- Certain bar venues have strict dress codes that could limit your options.
Tips on How to Organize Bar Events in New York City
Organizing a successful bar event in New York City requires careful planning and attention to detail. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose a date and time: It should be the date that will work for both your venue and your target audience. Weeknights are generally quieter than weekends, so you may have an easier time booking a venue on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
- Pick a theme or focus for your event: This will help you choose the right venue and promotional materials. For example, if you're hosting a wine tasting, look for a venue with a private wine cellar or an extensive wine list.
- Book a venue: It should accommodate your projected guest list. You don't want to be cramped, but you also don't want too much space. Ask about capacity limits, sound levels, and other vital details.
- Promote the event: Send out invitations or promote your event through social media and other channels. Include all the essential details, such as the date, time, location, and dress code (if any).
- Plan the food and drink menu: If you're serving alcohol, have plenty of non-alcoholic options.
Famous Locations in New York
- Edge Observation Deck
The brand-new Edge Observation Deck is the place to go if you're seeking an out-of-this-world perspective of New York City. Located on Manhattan's West Side at 30 Hudson Yards, this exciting observation deck is 100 stories tall (one floor below the top of the structure) and offers spectacular 360-degree panoramas, making it one of the world's highest open-air observation decks. Edge Observation Deck, located 1,100 feet above ground level on the northern edge of Central Park, offers breathtaking views of the city's landmarks, including the Hudson River, Times Square, and the Midtown Skyline. Edge Observation Deck is the perfect activity for anyone looking to explore New York City from a unique perspective.
- The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
St. John's Cathedral, also known as the "Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine," is one of the world's five largest buildings and one of New York City's most magnificent works of architecture. Despite receiving far less attention than New York City's countless skyscrapers, it has been underway for over a century (it began operations in 1892). But what has been done thus far makes for one of New York City's most incredible architectural marvels, with an interior that is truly magnificent. Your inner art connoisseur will come out to play with Stained glass and statues. The cathedral is a must-see for anybody visiting New York City.
- Riverside Park
Riverside Park, which is tucked away in a quiet and residential area as opposed to most of Manhattan's greener spaces and forever overshadowed by Central Park, is one of the city's best-kept secrets. Riverside Park extends from 59th (from 72nd) Street to 158th Street, covering more than 330 acres of parkland along the way. Both nature- and history lovers will enjoy the Great Lawn, which is longer than a football field and includes more than 25 monuments, plaques, and statues. You'll discover the Hamilton Fountain, tennis courts, dog parks, the Hippo Playground (which has a Hippopotamus Fountain), and plenty of riverfronts walks where you can unwind while breathing in the fresh air.