About New York
New York is a place that evokes romance and nostalgia, making it the perfect place to celebrate a wedding anniversary. From iconic landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building to romantic Central Park views, there is no limit to the possibilities couples can explore in New York City.
Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner for two or a grand affair for friends and family, New York will have it all. Delight in tasting some of the city's finest cuisines, be amazed by a theatrical performance on Broadway, or hit the dancefloor at one of the Meatpacking district's clubs. Then, visit one of the famous rooftop bars with sweeping skyline views and take a romantic stroll along the Highline or one of the city’s many parks.
No matter your style or preference, there are many ways to make your wedding anniversary memorable in New York City! You can organize a wedding anniversary party at a luxury hotel, book a table at your favorite restaurant, or have an extraordinary celebration at a unique venue. The possibilities are endless when celebrating love in this fantastic city!
Wedding Anniversary Options in New York
When it comes to catering, New York never disappoints. There are endless options in terms of cuisine, and you can find caterers around the city that will work with your budget and still deliver delectable dishes. Whether you are hosting an intimate dinner for two or a large banquet for hundreds, there is a caterer who can handle the job.
A festive celebration like a wedding anniversary should have a bar on-site. Hiring professional bartenders adds an air of glamor to the event, and guests always enjoy having custom-made drinks. If you want signature drinks to honor the couple of “the hour,” professional bartenders in New York will deliver and exceed your expectations.
New York is home to some of the best florists in the world. Perhaps you want traditional floral arrangements or something more unique; there is a florist in New York who can create the perfect arrangements and bouquets for your event.
- Event Planner
Wedding anniversaries are as important as the big day because they are reflective of all the milestones that have taken place in a couple’s life since their nuptials. You might not know how to organize one of these occasions, and that is where an event planner in New York comes in! They can take charge of the logistics, booking vendors, or everything in between to come up with a sentimental and memorable wedding anniversary party.
- Party Furniture Rentals
Many party rental companies in New York can supply the one-time-use items needed for your dinner party. From tables and chairs to tents and inflatables, New York’s party rental companies offer inventories of items that can help make your event a success.
Wedding Anniversary Vendors in New York
- La Dolce Vita Events
La Dolce Vita Events is a boutique catering and events company that caters to one event per day so that they can focus on your event and produce the highest level of service that exceeds your expectation. The team is dedicated to providing exemplary service and innovative cuisine to create an atmosphere that will leave everyone with a wonderful lasting impression. They take pride in their state-of-the-art NYC kitchen and strive to use only the freshest, local ingredients when making delicious meals.
Poppy's focuses on delivering seasonal and beautiful dishes for diverse occasions. Their commitment to using locally-sourced ingredients and supporting farmers ensures that their food is delicious and nourishing for the community. They offer catering services, making it easy for everyone to enjoy their simple, approachable food.
- Columbia Bartending Agency
The Columbia Bartending Agency has provided affordable and professional services to NYC's top parties, weddings, and private events since 1965. As an entirely student-run business, the Columbia Bartending Agency is committed to providing the best possible service to its clients. Their highly skilled Ivy League bartenders are dedicated to making your event a success.
Pros and Cons of Wedding Anniversaries in New York
Wedding anniversaries are an incredible way to celebrate the special bond between two people and the milestone of their relationship. To help you decide whether or not honoring your wedding anniversary in New York is right for you, here is a list of pros and cons:
- From adventure seekers and culture buffs to art fanatics and food enthusiasts, whatever your preference, there is bound to be something perfect for you and your partner in New York.
- An anniversary spent in New York City is sure to be remembered forever. From its bustling streets filled with people from all walks of life, fantastic architecture, and landmarks around every corner—no other city delivers quite the same atmosphere as NYC.
- There are plenty more opportunities available to celebrate your special day by going on helicopter rides over Manhattan or attending exclusive soirees at some of NYC's most luxurious hotels.
- New York is overcrowded—especially during peak tourist season (May-August).
- It’s no secret that NYC can have high prices compared with other destinations. Although great deals are available if you plan and book early, it’s still worth keeping an eye on how much money you spend when celebrating.
- Waiting times can be extended when attempting entry into certain attractions such as observatories or food establishments. Unfortunately, these queues cannot always be avoided due to high demand, so patience may sometimes be required to access these particular places.
Tips on How to Organize Wedding Anniversaries in New York
Wedding anniversaries are a time to celebrate the love and commitment shared between two people. Organizing a wedding anniversary in New York can be a big task. However, with the right tips and preparation, you’ll be able to make your day unique and memorable.
- Choose a venue: Finding the perfect venue for your anniversary celebration is vital. When selecting a space for you and your partner, consider factors like capacity, location, cost, sound system capabilities, and aesthetics.
- Send out invitations: Once you have chosen a venue for your celebration, send out invitations as soon as possible so that guests can plan for travel arrangements. Make sure to include all relevant information about the event—date & time of the anniversary party, address of venue, dress code (if applicable), and contact details should guests have questions or concerns.
- Create an anniversary theme: An overarching theme will give focus and cohesion to the decorations and activities throughout the night. Consider what type of event would best suit you and your partner’s personality—formal or casual. What kind of music do you both enjoy? How would you like the evening to flow? Answering these questions will help ensure that everything flows smoothly on the night of the celebration.
- Entertainment options: Depending on how many guests attend your celebration, hiring entertainers such as DJs or live bands can add energy and excitement to any wedding anniversary party! Alternatively, there could be other options like photo booths that allow guests to take physical memories from the night home with them.
- Don’t forget about gifts: Traditional paper gifts are great, but more modern alternatives, such as experience packages, could make beautiful additions depending on the occasion (i.e, spa days). Try thinking outside the box when it comes to presents!
Famous Locations in New York
- Grand Central Terminal
Even if you’re not taking the commuter train, a stop at the Grand Central Terminal in New York is a must for visitors. It’s a world-famous landmark in Midtown Manhattan with an interesting past that started even before it opened to the public in 1913. It’s a story of wealth, survival, rebirth, and outstanding engineering, and it continues to serve New Yorkers today. Aside from serving as a transportation hub, it’s also a favored cultural, dining, and shopping destination among locals and visitors.
- Four Freedoms Park
Located on the historic Roosevelt Island, Four Freedom Park gets its name from Franklin D. Roosevelt's eighth State of the Union Address, delivered in 1941. The park essentially remembers that speech in a rather special way, with the sprawling greenery occupying four acres of land. It is a great place to take a walk down memory lane and reflect on significant past events.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
A great example of New York’s Gothic Revival, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, is a sight to behold in NYC. A white marble facade, rose windows, bronze baldachin, and 330-foot spires flank its exterior walls. With a capacity to seat 2,400, the Lady Chapel side of the Cathedral also features the statue of Pieta. It dates back to 1879, and $200 million went into its renovation in 2016.