About New York
New York is an incredible city that offers so much for couples looking to throw an outdoor wedding. From the iconic skyline views of Manhattan and Brooklyn to the rolling hills of upstate New York, the Big Apple offers a wide variety of beautiful landscapes perfect for an unforgettable outdoor ceremony.
Whether you’re looking for something modern, rustic, or classic, New York has many outdoor wedding venues that can provide the perfect backdrop. From wineries on Long Island to historic farms in the Hudson Valley region, you can find numerous outdoor spaces with beautiful architecture and landscaping that will wow your guests. Upstate New York also features some stunning waterfront views along Lake George and Saratoga Springs and breathtaking mountain views from Adirondack Park.
If you're looking to stay close to the city, many parks in NYC offer picturesque gardens and panoramic views, such as Brooklyn Bridge Park and Central Park. Your special day will be taken to another level when celebrated outdoors in New York! With endless possibilities ranging from classic city backdrops to natural rural scenery, your outdoor wedding will make lasting memories for years to come.
Outdoor Wedding Options in New York
Regarding catering, you'll have no shortage of options in New York. Countless food companies specialize in catering outdoor weddings, so you are sure to find one that suits your style, preferences, and budget.
Music is an integral part of any wedding, and there are plenty of talented musicians in New York who can make your special day even more memorable. From live bands to DJs, you'll have endless options when it comes to entertainment.
Documenting your big day is a top priority, and the talented photographers in New York can help you do just that. From traditional wedding photography to documentary styles, you'll be able to find a photographer who understands your vision and can deliver beautifully-moving snaps.
- Wedding Planners
Planning a wedding is usually a stressful process, but there are numerous experienced wedding planners in New York who are ready to do the heavy lifting. These skilled professionals can take up the task of coordinating all of the details related to your nuptials.
Outdoor Wedding Vendors in New York
- Contortionist and Sideshow
Jared Rydelek is a world-renowned contortionist and sideshow performer. He has amazed audiences worldwide with his unique blend of comedy and extreme stunts. His skills include contortion, fire eating, fire breathing, sword swallowing, broken glass walking, and escape artistry. His shows are packed with laughter and surprises, and he always leaves his audiences wanting more.
- Joanna Berkun Florals and Events
Joanna Berkun Florals & Events is a full-service event planning and design company specializing in weddings and special occasions. Founded in 2008 by Joanna Berkun, the company has become known for its personalized service, artistic floral designs, and attention to detail. Joanna will create a bespoke celebration for you, whether you're having a party or a celebration, large or small. The company offers various services, from complete event planning and design to day-of coordination and floral design.
- Rosanna's Balloons
Rosanna's Balloons can transform any space into something magical with their unique selection of decor. They offer full-service event decorating services in the New York Metro area, Orange and Rockland County, Westchester, Connecticut, and New Jersey. The business also offers rental services, with a catalog that includes tablecloths, chair covers, candy jars, room lighting, and fabric draping.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Weddings in New York
Outdoor weddings in New York offer a unique and memorable experience that is hard to find anywhere else. However, there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider when planning an outdoor wedding in New York City:
- From the Hudson River to Central Park, there are plenty of stunning views. The city skyline is a natural reminder that this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Since outdoor weddings don’t have walls or ceilings, couples have endless possibilities for decorating and expressing their style and personalities throughout the event.
- Planning an outdoor wedding can be much more economical since couples won't need to rent an indoor venue which can often be quite expensive in NYC.
- The weather in New York is notoriously unpredictable, so couples must plan accordingly if they decide on an outdoor ceremony.
- Some popular spots like Central Park require permits and reservations far in advance, so couples need to plan if they want one of these sought-after locations for their ceremony.
- An outdoor wedding may not be practical depending on the time of year due to extreme temperatures that can make guests uncomfortable during long ceremonies.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Weddings in New York
Planning an outdoor wedding in New York can be challenging and exciting. With the perfect combination of creative planning, research, and execution, couples can be sure to have a memorable event on a particular day. Here are some great tips for organizing a successful outdoor wedding in New York:
- Research your venue: When finding the right location for the wedding, couples should research and find out what different venues offer. Consider the size, amenities, cost, and other factors that may affect your experience. Additionally, make sure to check local laws and regulations concerning outdoor weddings.
- Create an ambiance: Creating a beautiful atmosphere around the venue is vital by adding decorations according to your theme and preferences. This could include lights, flowers, chairs, tables, and any other items you might need that match your style of celebration.
- Have backup plans: It is always better to have contingency plans before going ahead with any event planning process. Think about potential problems or issues that could arise during your big day and have alternative solutions ready in case they occur. This will help alleviate any possible stress during the preparation process and the actual event itself!
Famous Locations in New York
- Flushing Meadows
Corona Park is one of the largest retreats in New York City, and it's the Unisphere’s most prominent feature. The Unisphere is a massive steel globe that was created for the 1964 World's Fair. The Arthur Ashe Stadium and Citi Field provide visitors with first-rate culture and sports experiences. Wetland plants were added in 2011 to help with water runoff, and as a result, the park offers tremendous catch-and-release fishing opportunities in Meadow Lake.
- Washington Square Park
Washington Square Park is located in the heart of Greenwich Village, and it is a favorite spot for locals and tourists alike. The park is home to the famous Washington Arch, a Paris Arc de Triomphe replica. On hot summer days, children can cool off in the fountain while skateboarders, who are also often seen in the park, take advantage of the wide open spaces. Whether you enjoy some people-watching sessions or simply want to relax in the sun, Washington Square Park is worth a visit.
- Prospect Park
Prospect Park is one of the most beloved parks in Brooklyn, and it's easy to see why. Designed by the same urban planners who created Central Park, it features gorgeous meadows, dense forests, and tranquil ponds. Some of its highlights include the Endale Arch and the Wollman Rink. No matter your interests, you are sure to find something to enjoy at Prospect Park.