About Los Angeles
Los Angeles, or the 'City of Angels,' is the second most populous city in the United States. It is home to the world's first-ever drive-thru restaurant and cutting-edge production studios and known for its sunny beaches and hiking trails that stretch across its vast landscape.
This world-class city has everything to spoil every traveler. It was only considered a large village at the beginning of the 20th century but is now a notable metropolitan area with myriad attractions, iconic landmarks, renowned theme parks, and sunny skies year-round. No matter your interest, Los Angeles should definitely be on your travel bucket list.
The City of Angels is a pretty romantic place, too. With its brilliant beaches, award-winning restaurants, elegant hotels, and rich cultural heritage, it's no surprise that many couples visit Los Angeles to tie the knot. It’s also a favorite outdoor wedding destination, offering endless options for beautiful venues with stunning views that make memories last a lifetime.
Outdoor Wedding Options in Los Angeles
Food is a crucial element of your big day. So when working with caterers, make sure they have experience catering outdoor events and can accommodate any special dietary requests that your guests may have. In LA, you’ll find many catering companies providing a variety of menu options to suit your taste and budget. From Mexican to Brazilian, you’ve got plenty of choices.
- Wedding Planning
Wedding planners in Los Angeles offer a wide variety of services to make your outdoor wedding day an outstanding affair. They ensure you have everything you need to guarantee your celebrations go smoothly, from renting and setting up decorations to reserving the most suitable venue.
Photography and videography services help capture the memories of your big day so you can relive them for years to come. Ask friends for references and pointers on their experiences. Choosing a professional with whom you have a good rapport is ideal.
- Hair and Makeup
Hair and makeup artists help you look and feel your best on your wedding day. Los Angeles beauty salons and companies can give you the right hairstyle and makeup to complement your dress and work with the theme you’ve chosen for your wedding. Meet with your hairstylist and make-up artist before the big day to decide what style and look would highlight your natural beauty.
Outdoor Wedding Vendors in Los Angeles
- 3 Little Birds Event Planning
3 Little Birds Event Planning company believes that planning your wedding or event should be just as joyful and effortless as falling in love. Skilled event planners relieve you of any stress surrounding your wedding day by taking care of all the tiny details and offering guidance and support every step of the way. With a full range of planning services, they will make sure your event is exciting, unique, and romantic.
- Now & Forever Love
Now & Forever Love specializes in creating unforgettable events that will be cherished for a lifetime. They understand that each event is one of a kind, and many services are available, including wedding planning and coordination. Now & Forever Love works tirelessly to ensure that the occasion is flawless in every respect, from a marvelous wedding reception table to beautiful settings ready for photo shoots.
- Lounge Appeal
If you're looking for furniture rentals for your outdoor wedding in Los Angeles, Lounge Appeal may have what you need. The company specializes in providing high-quality lounge furniture to suit any event or occasion. Choose from comfortable couches, gorgeous chairs, and benches made to give your reception a fun and unique style.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Weddings in Los Angeles
There are many factors to consider when deciding whether or not to have an outdoor wedding in Los Angeles. The city is entertaining, but it's wise to consider the pros and cons as well.
- An outdoor wedding may be cheaper than an indoor wedding, depending on the venue and the vibe you are looking for.
- Los Angeles has beautiful weather almost year-round, giving good chances for a sunny day.
- Pretty scenery and locations are plentiful in Los Angeles, both for the ceremony and the reception.
- Being a big city, Los Angeles has many vendors to choose from and services that will streamline your wedding planning process.
- Bugs can be a problem at an outdoor wedding, including the pesky mosquito, which is common during summer.
- Although the weather is often sunny in LA, there is the possibility that bad weather can affect an outdoor wedding.
- It can be hot even in the evening, so be sure to have an area where people can pop inside for a break from the heat.
- Los Angeles has high prices on certain items. Have a budget in mind and stick to it as much as possible.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Weddings in Los Angeles
Planning an outdoor gathering can be a bit intimidating. But don't worry—with some preparation and organization, your wedding planning will go like clockwork! Here are several pointers that could get you started on the right foot:
- Pick the right time: Make sure to pick the right time for your outdoor wedding in Los Angeles. The weather can be unpredictable, so you should consider factors such as season, temperature, and wind when selecting a date.
- Think of entertainment: Plan for entertainment and activities that are appropriate for an outdoor wedding. Consider renting equipment such as tents, chairs, and sound systems to ensure guests are comfortable throughout the day.
- Pick a pretty spot: Choose an aesthetically pleasing location like a garden, park, or beach that suits the theme of your wedding. You can have your photographer scout the location ahead of time to ensure your photos come out well.
- Make sure your caterer is right: Have flexible catering options available to suit different dietary needs and preferences among guests. Be sure to have adequate buffet tables with supplies on hand for food preparation and serving dishes in case of bad weather conditions like rain or wind.
- Be prepared: Prepare for emergencies by having a first aid kit on hand, hiring security personnel if needed, or equipping some guests with walkie-talkies. Have contingency plans ready in case something unexpected happens during the event.
- Take advantage of technology: Make use of technology like apps or websites to keep everyone informed about changes or schedule updates leading up to the wedding day itself. This will help reduce stress levels in terms of ensuring that all information is communicated correctly between parties involved in the planning process.
- Decorate properly: Decorate according to the theme, but also ensure you have proper lighting set up at nightfall, such as string lights or torches around your venue's walls/gates. This will make it easier for guests who may want to leave early and still be able to see their way out safely!
Famous Locations in Los Angeles
- Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory
Griffith Park is one of the most popular destinations in Los Angeles, and it's easy to see why. The Griffith Park area features everything for everyone, from the Los Angeles Zoo and Museum to hiking trails and golf courses. And the best news is that many of the park's attractions are free to visit. The Griffith Observatory is a particularly popular destination, offering visitors the opportunity to view the moon and planets through a powerful telescope.
- Disneyland Resort
Disneyland Resort, located in Anaheim, California, is a world-renowned vacation destination. This fun theme park covers 500 acres and invites guests to feel the excitement with themed events over the year, such as Disney Halloween Parties and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Stay at an onsite hotel and maybe even take part in a character dining experience. Of course, the thrilling rides are a big part of the draw to Disney.
- The Getty Center
The Getty Center is one of the world's largest art museums, with a collection that spans from the Middle Ages to the present day. The museum is located on a hilltop in the Santa Monica Mountains, and its unique design was created by renowned architect Richard Meier. The Getty Center has 110-acre grounds featuring beautiful gardens and sweeping views of Los Angeles. The museum's collections include statuary, European paintings, drawings, and much more.