The capital of Ontario, Toronto is a major Canadian city along the north-western shores of Lake Ontario. It is a bustling metropolis with an array of towering skyscrapers along with the unique CN Tower where you can see the whole city. Toronto also has many green spaces, from the stunning landscape of Queen’s Park to High Park with 400 acres featuring a zoo, sports areas, and several miles of trails.
Are you considering an outdoor wedding in Toronto? It is known for its many historical venues, as well as its diverse population and vibrant nightlife. The city is home to various landscapes, from the urban skyline to the rural countryside and it is also a popular choice for couples getting married here.
There are so many outdoor locations in Toronto including parks, gardens, and waterfront venues to choose from. And the weather is perfect for outdoor weddings from May to October, making it a popular time of year for couples to tie the knot. Whether you want a traditional church wedding or a unique ceremony in a park or garden, there will be an excellent option for you!
Outdoor Wedding Options in Toronto
Whether you want a photographer or videographer to record your magic moments, there are many great options to choose from. Some photographers specialize in weddings, as well as those who specialize in other genres of photography. You can find a photographer who will capture the perfect moments of your wedding day, whether you want traditional posed shots or more candid shots.
- Party Rentals
Looking for some furniture or party items? No matter whether you need tables and chairs, tablecloths and linens, or even a dance floor and stage, one of the party rental companies in Toronto can help you. They can also provide other services such as catering, entertainment, and decorations.
- Makeup and Hairstyles
You have to make sure everyone looks fantastic for your big day! Many experienced makeup artists and hairstylists in Toronto can help you look your best on your wedding day. These professionals can give you a perfect look for your outdoor wedding whether you want a natural look or something more glamorous. They can also accommodate special requests such as airbrush makeup or updos.
- Catering Company
Thinking of having food at your wedding? A variety of catering companies in Toronto can provide delicious food for your wedding. Whether you want a sit-down meal or a buffet, these companies can accommodate your needs. They can also offer unique dietary options such as vegan, gluten-free, and kosher.
Outdoor Wedding Vendors in Toronto
- Integrity Audio
Integrity Audio is the perfect choice for your next event! Their DJs specialize in indie and non-cheesy music but have a comprehensive knowledge of all types and genres of music from all decades. The DJs at Integrity Sound are experts at keeping the party going and ensuring that everyone has a good time. They always play fresh tracks so you won't hear the same music over and over again like you would at other weddings, corporate events, or parties. They're fully insured, connected, licensed, and proud Canadian Professional DJ Association members.
- Vango Photo Booth
If you're looking for a truly unique photo booth experience, look no further than Vango Photo Booth. Originally from Japan, their little van - nicknamed "Vincent" - has undergone a much-deserved makeover and now sports the iconic look of the 1960s VW Kombi. The Vango Photo Booth is perfect for outdoor events in and around Greater Toronto. With its vibrant exterior and retro-chic interior, it's sure to be a hit with guests of all ages. And best of all, Vango's friendly and professional staff will be on hand to make sure everyone has a great time.
- Wild North Flowers
At Wild North Flowers, they use Ontario-grown flowers primarily to create beautiful, contemporary arrangements. Wild North Flowers is an independent flower studio owned and operated by women in downtown Toronto. Their goal is to provide their customers with the freshest, most beautiful flowers available. Whether you're looking for a stunning bouquet for a special occasion or simply want to add some freshness to your home, Wild North Flowers is the perfect place to go.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Weddings in Toronto
Are you thinking about having an outdoor wedding in Toronto? Here are a few things to consider before deciding if an outdoor wedding in Toronto suits you. These are some pros and cons to help you make your decision:
- You can save money by having your wedding outdoors because you will not have to pay for a building space and utilities. Also, Mother Nature has done most of your decorating for you if you pick the right place.
- Outdoor weddings are becoming more popular, and more options are now available in Toronto. You will have a variety of venues to choose from.
- The weather in Toronto is usually good enough to have an outdoor wedding from May to October. It does not get too hot here so you will not have to worry about that.
- There is always the possibility of bad weather, which could ruin your big day. Make sure you have a backup plan just in case.
- You will need to get a permit from the city if you want to have your wedding in a public park. That can be a bit costly.
- Some outdoor spaces may have noise restrictions, limiting the type of music you can have at your reception. You may not be able to have that heavy metal or rock band.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Weddings in Toronto
Organizing an outdoor wedding can be a daunting task, but with careful planning and attention to detail, it can be a beautiful and memorable event. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- First, choose the location for your wedding carefully. If you plan on having the ceremony and reception in the same place, ensure enough space for both. It's also important to consider the time of day when choosing your location. An evening wedding will require different lighting than a morning wedding.
- Next, start planning your decor. If you're using tents, make sure they are big enough to accommodate all of your guests. Wicker furniture and string lights can create a romantic ambiance, while lanterns can give your reception a more festive feeling.
- Finally, don't forget about the little details. Make sure you have enough food and drink for everyone and that your catering company can set up in your chosen space. You'll also need to arrange transportation for your guests and accommodation if they're coming from out of town.
Famous Locations in Toronto
- Toronto Botanical Garden
Are you a fan of roses? Maybe you enjoy Bonzai trees? Whatever kind of flora you like, you will find it here. The Toronto Botanical Garden is a beautiful place to visit while you are in town for your wedding. The gardens are meticulously maintained, and the staff is very professional. The TBG is also a popular choice for after-wedding photos. The gardens are lovely in all seasons, especially in the spring when the tulips bloom. If you are looking for a unique and picturesque place to relax, the Toronto Botanical Garden should be on your list!
- CN Tower
Well-known all over the world, the CN Tower is over 553 meters (1,815 feet) tall and is the perfect spot to get a bird’s eye view of the entire city. It held the title of the tallest free-standing structure in the world for 32 years until it was knocked down to second place by the Burj Dubai in 2010. One of the main attractions at the tower is the EdgeWalk. This is not a place for people who are afraid of heights! Take a walk on the roof at 356 meters (1,268 feet) in the air.
- Black Creek Pioneer Village
Black Creek Pioneer Village is more than just a step back in time - it's an immersive experience that lets visitors discover what life was like in the 1860s. With over 40 historic buildings, 70 heritage-breed animals, and 10 heirloom gardens, the Village is a living history museum that engages people of all ages. Visitors can stroll through the streets, explore the buildings, and watch costumed interpreters do their everyday tasks. Black Creek Pioneer Village is a unique and educational experience that gives visitors a glimpse into our country's past.