Toronto, the capital of Ontario and one of the largest cities in Canada, is a vibrant and cosmopolitan destination. With its world-class infrastructure and diverse attractions, Toronto has become an internationally renowned center for business, culture, finance, and tourism.
As one of the most multicultural cities in the world with over 140 languages spoken by its citizens, it is no wonder that Toronto continues to be a popular destination for weddings. The city boasts a wide variety of hotel venues suitable for any kind of wedding celebration—from traditional ballroom receptions to modern outdoor events—offering breathtaking views of both Toronto's skyline and the surrounding countryside.
Whether you're hosting an intimate ceremony or a grand affair for hundreds of guests, the city's hotels have something to offer everyone looking to tie the knot in style. With an attentive staff ready to attend to your every need and impeccable service to ensure your big day is seamless and stress-free, couples can rest assured that their wedding will be taken care of when planning their big day in Toronto.
Hotel Wedding Options in Toronto
- Event Planner
If you're looking to have a stress-free wedding day, hiring an event planner is a must. They will take care of everything from the catering to the seating arrangements, so you can relax and enjoy your big day.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
On your wedding day, a makeup artist will ensure you look flawless. They can create a look that complements your dress and personality. Additionally, a hairstylist can help you choose the perfect hairstyle to match your wedding style.
A professional photographer can help to make your wedding day even more special by capturing all of the memories. They will take the time to plan out each photo shoot with you to get exactly what photos you want and guarantee beautiful pictures.
A live band or DJ can provide music for your ceremony and reception. They can play the music that you love or coordinate with your event planner to create a cohesive musical experience.
Hotel Wedding Vendors in Toronto
- Momentous Occasions
Make your next event momentous with Momentous Occasions Inc. They are a full-service event planning company that handles every detail of weddings and social occasions. Regardless if you’re planning an intimate wedding or a larger affair, their team will collaborate with you to ensure the success of the event while staying true to your vision. Depending on your budget and preferences, you can avail of their intimate wedding package, full planning service, partial planning service, or day-of coordination.
- Olive Studio Photography
Olive Studio is a Toronto-based wedding photography and event planning organization. Their skilled and creative team will capture your wedding day in great detail! Since 2008, they've expanded from a one-man operation to a full-service business servicing the GTA, surrounding cottage country, and even Nicaragua. They shoot weddings in documentary style, with a focus on soft light and candid moments. Their work has been featured on some of the most popular wedding websites, including Martha Stewart Weddings, HELLO, and 100 Layer Cake, to name a few.
- Alisa Lyons Makeup and Hair
Alisa Lyons is an award-winning makeup artist based in Toronto. She and her team of expert stylists offer mobile makeover, hair, and airbrush makeup services for weddings, photo shoots, and fashion shows using MAC Cosmetics. Alisa has been recognized multiple times for her excellence in customer service and makeup artistry, including being selected by Toronto Life Magazine as one of the most highly recommended wedding services in Toronto.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Weddings in Toronto
Hotel weddings in Toronto are a popular option for couples who want to host their special day in an accessible yet luxurious setting. There are many advantages and drawbacks to consider before booking a hotel for your nuptials. Here are some of the pros and cons of having a hotel wedding in Toronto:
- Most hotels provide catering, cake services, event planning, lodging for guests, and other amenities for your special day, making it easy to plan and execute your wedding without coordinating with multiple vendors.
- By hosting your wedding at a hotel, you also benefit from their professional staff who can help ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible on the day of your nuptials.
- Hotels in Toronto often have prime locations near popular attractions and other points of interest which means that you don’t have to worry about transportation issues.
- With such high occupancy rates, it may be hard to find areas where guests can mingle without being disturbed by other attendees or loud background noises from neighboring rooms.
- While hotels do offer some versatility when it comes to decorating your space, they often come with strict rules regarding what type of alterations guests are allowed to make onsite.
- Hotel weddings may not be as unique or personalized as other venues since they are often used for multiple events throughout the year, meaning your wedding won’t stand out among others hosted in the same location.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Weddings in Toronto
Planning a wedding in Toronto is an exciting experience and one that you’ll want to pay close attention to. With the help of this guide, you’ll be able to plan the perfect hotel wedding in Toronto that meets your budget and expectations. Here are some key tips on how to organize hotel weddings in Toronto:
- Research hotels: Before you decide on a hotel for your wedding, take the time to do some research. Look into the hotels that offer wedding packages and compare prices. Ask them questions such as their availability, the amenities they offer, their maximum guest capacity, and whether or not they have discounts available. Additionally, be sure to visit several hotels before making a final decision so you can get a firsthand look at what they have to offer.
- Choose accommodations nearby: If possible, try to find a hotel located near other accommodations such as restaurants or attractions for your guests who may be traveling from out of town for your big day. This way it will be easy for them to find their way back and forth from the ceremony or reception without having to worry about transportation or getting lost.
- Make sure you have enough space: Depending on how large your guest list is for the wedding, it's wise to double-check with the hotel beforehand if there's sufficient space for everyone attending. Otherwise, it could end up feeling cramped or overcrowded during dinner or dancing hours! Additionally, consider renting out additional spaces outside of banquet halls, if necessary, so as not to overburden one area of the establishment while still giving guests enough breathing room throughout the entire evening festivities.
- Consider catering options: Most hotels provide catering services for events like weddings, but it’s important to discuss all of your options with them before making any decisions regarding food or beverage choices. Ask about any dietary restrictions your guests may have and different menus they might offer depending on how many people are attending. This way, you can ensure everyone enjoys their meal at your special event!
- Plan for any special amenities ahead of time: Last but not least, always remember to plan ahead when it comes to any special amenities required by either yourself or others during your hotel wedding (ie: decorations, audiovisual equipment, etc.). It's best practice to reach out to these vendors directly instead of relying solely upon establishment staff. This way, there won't be any surprises or last-minute changes that could disrupt proceedings!
Famous Locations in Toronto
- Toronto Islands
The Toronto Islands are a group of 15 tiny islands located in Lake Ontario just off the city. These lovely and nature-dense islets are a shining example of Toronto's value of spending time outside and appreciating everything the area has to offer. The Toronto Islands have beaches, amusement parks, businesses, and cuisine to try, so you won't run out of things to discover.
- Casa Loma
Casa Loma, built in 1914 for financier Sir Henry Pellatt, is an ultimate example of Toronto's dedication to its rich history. Casa Loma is a historic landmark in Toronto, and it frequently hosts events such as escape games, symphonic concerts, haunted house exhibits, and holiday light shows. The castle is built with Gothic Revival architecture and is among Toronto's most beautiful buildings. While guests are free to explore various rooms at their own pace, they can also take a walk around the expansive five-acre grounds that include gardens with bright flowers and walls.
- Royal Ontario Museum
The Royal Ontario Museum's stunning, attention-grabbing façade is just the beginning of what it has to offer. Because of its crystalline form, the building was known as the 'crystal' outside Toronto. Visitors to the museum are reminded of mineral chunky geometry up close while walking through the entranceway—a side trip that takes them inside for a closer look at these irregular shapes. With 40 galleries and exhibition spaces, Canada's largest museum holds millions of artworks, cultural objects, and natural history specimens. For its expansive world-class collection of artifacts, it ranks among the top 10 North American cultural institutions.