About San Francisco
Located along the California coast, San Francisco is known for its steep rolling hills and impressive skyline that features iconic locations like the Golden Gate Bridge. From North Beach to Fisherman's Wharf, there are countless attractions and activities to explore in San Francisco.
San Francisco is a beautiful and vibrant city that always seems to have something interesting going on. Of course, hosting weddings in this stunning location isn't unexpected, given its history of having served as a backdrop for countless love stories—especially since hotels can make it incredibly easy to plan the perfect wedding day.
Hotel venues in San Francisco are popular for couples looking for an unforgettable wedding experience, offering high-end amenities, breathtaking views of the bay area, and even direct access to gorgeous beaches or parks. No matter how intimate or extravagant your wedding plans may be, getting married in these luxurious settings can make your special day extraordinary.
Hotel Wedding Options in San Francisco
- Event Planner
Are you planning a huge get-together for your big day? There are many event planners in San Francisco that can help you plan your wedding. They can assist with everything from choosing a location to finding the right caterer.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
You and your wedding party need to look perfect. Many San Francisco makeup artists and hairstylists offer wedding packages that include hair and makeup for the bride, groom, and wedding party.
Make sure those special moments on your big day are caught on camera! Professional photographers can capture beautiful photographs of your wedding. They often offer package deals that include photography, albums, and prints.
Bring the energy and add a festive atmosphere to your wedding party. A live band or DJ can provide music for your wedding ceremony and reception. They can create a custom playlist or perform songs from a specific genre.
Hotel Wedding Vendors in San Francisco
- A Girl and A Camera Photography
Jennifer Michelson is a native San Francisco Bay Area photographer with more than 10 years of experience in wedding photography. Jennifer creates striking photos that are influenced by her subjects while drawing from her own creative vision. That's why A Girl and A Camera Photography takes a collaborative approach to capture your story. They believe life isn't always sunshine and rainbows, but it can be beautiful in its imperfections. All of their photographs are made from scratch, with each one taking the love and passion of their team into account.
- Fresh Face Makeup
Elissya Barel is an experienced makeup artist based in San Francisco with over eight years of experience working for renowned brands such as Bobbi Brown, Aveda, and Sephora. She now provides professional freelance services for all sorts of occasions—from weddings and proms to commercials and photo shoots. Elissya only uses the best quality makeup products available to ensure that you get the look you're going for, whether it is natural and clean or high-fashion glam. Plus, she's happy to come to your event location so you'll feel fresh and confident on your big day!
- Glow Event Design
Glow Event Design is a full-service event planning business specializing in corporate parties, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and other social gatherings. They provide design consultations for clients who require assistance with decor elements in addition to logistics and management services. From large-picture aesthetics to intricate personal touches, they will take care of everything from start to finish so you can enjoy your special day while relaxing.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Weddings in San Francisco
Hotel weddings are often considered to be more convenient because the ceremony and reception can take place in the same location. But there are things to consider before choosing your venue. Take a look at these pros and cons of having a hotel wedding in San Francisco.
- The convenience that hotel venues in San Francisco provide is unparalleled. Not only can you host the ceremony and reception in one place, but you'll also have on-site lodging for guests who live out of town or those who need to stay overnight.
- Many hotels offer a range of wedding services, from catering to decorations, and are centrally located, with easy access to public transportation, shopping, and more.
- Flexible spaces like hotel ballrooms can be adapted to fit a range of wedding sizes and styles.
- Due to the comprehensive services that hotels offer, wedding packages can be relatively expensive and highly restrictive.
- Hotel weddings are not as personal and private as those held in churches, private halls, or other more intimate venues.
- In general, hotels do not give couples complete freedom when decorating, which can limit their options.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Weddings in San Francisco
Planning a wedding in a hotel in San Francisco can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. However, it is important to remember that the planning process and all of the details involved can be daunting. Here are some tips on how to organize a successful and stress-free hotel wedding in San Francisco:
- Choose your wedding party size: Decide how many people you plan to invite before selecting your venue. This will help ensure that the size of your venue is adequate and suitable for your guests.
- Make early reservations: Hotel wedding reservations generally need to be made several months in advance. Make sure you reserve enough space for both the ceremony and reception areas as soon as possible so that other potential events do not crowd out yours on the same day or weekend.
- Select your menu carefully: Determine whether you want an open bar or a fixed menu at your event. Hotels typically provide both options but may require different fees depending on what you choose. Furthermore, be aware of any dietary restrictions among your guests when selecting menu items so that everyone can enjoy their meal.
- Acquire necessary permits: Depending on where you hold your wedding ceremony within San Francisco, some permits may need to be obtained from local city or county government offices before proceeding with booking activities such as decorations or music performers at the venue location.
- Prioritize the comfort and safety of guests: Make sure you have ample seating during both the ceremony and reception, as well as extra blankets/shawls/scarves for guests who may get cold during an outdoor ceremony due to the temperature dropping later in the evening. Additionally, if there are children attending your wedding, make sure there are childproofing measures taken, such as prohibiting access to balconies or pool areas without adult supervision.
- Ensure ample lighting during the reception: When choosing lighting arrangements near dance floors and bar areas, it is important to consider safety while also providing adequate lighting so that guests can move around easily. It also provides a better atmosphere should there be any photographs taken during festivities.
Famous Locations in San Francisco
- The Palace of Fine Arts
The Palace of Fine Arts is one of the most unusual and recognized structures in San Francisco. It has elements of classical architecture, but it was constructed for the Panama Pacific International Exhibition in 1904. The main structure, which was designed by Bernard Maybeck and inspired by classical architecture, has a dome that rises almost 164 feet tall upon sturdy Corinthian columns. A large lake is located in front of the Palace of Fine Arts, with a park surrounding it. The Palace of Fine Arts has also been used in many popular Hollywood films.
- Twin Peaks
Twin Peaks are two prominent summits located near the center of San Francisco, not far from the Castro District, in an area with the city's highest hills. The two peaks, known as Eureka and Noe, are separated by a distance of only 656 feet and are about 920 feet tall. Twin Peaks is also the name of a residential community on the slope of the hill. There are several colorful modern homes in rows along the roads leading to the top of the hills. To get the best aerial view of San Francisco, head over to Christmas Tree Point at Twin Peaks.
- Lombard Street
Located in San Francisco, Lombard Street is a world-renowned destination due to its hairpin bends. Interestingly, Lombard Street did not look as curvaceous as it does now. In fact, up until 1922, the street was completely straight! In an effort to make traveling by car less dangerous (the previous slant of the road was incredibly steep), officials decided to transform the shape of Lombard Street into what we see today – a beautiful winding Road lined with flowers. Thanks to its hairpin bends, Lombard Street has been turned into the most crooked street in the world.