Atlanta is the capital of the state of Georgia, located in the southern United States. It is home to approximately 500,000 people and is one of the most populous cities in the United States. Atlanta is known for its vibrant nightlife, diverse culture, and famous attractions such as The Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, and the World of Coca-Cola. It also has a rich history stretching back to before the Civil War when it was a major railroad hub. Historically, it has been a hub for civil rights activism and economic growth.
Atlanta has mild weather year-round with hot summers and cold winters. Located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, summer temperatures can reach over 95 degrees Fahrenheit during peak summer months while winter temperatures rarely dip below freezing. On average there are about 50 inches of rainfall annually, making it a very lush area with lots of greenery and vegetation.
Atlanta is an incredibly popular destination for weddings due to its diverse cultural offerings and picturesque landscape. From quaint southern chapels to luxurious high-rise hotels offering breathtaking views, Atlanta offers something for everyone who wishes to tie the knot in this beautiful city. For those looking for a more convenient option, wedding venues outside of traditional churches but still within the walls of a hotel can be ideal solutions that don’t compromise on style or class. Hotel weddings are becoming increasingly popular as they offer all-in-one solutions that make planning your fairytale wedding easy and stress-free!
Hotel Wedding Options in Atlanta
- Wedding Photographers
When it comes to wedding photography, there’s no shortage of talented professional photographers in Atlanta. From classic portraits to candid shots, these wedding photographers will capture your special day in all its beauty.
From Southern comfort food to haute cuisine, Atlanta’s caterers will make sure your guests are well-fed and happy. Choose from a wide range of catering options to create a menu that fits your taste and budget.
No wedding is complete without stunning flowers. And with its many talented florists, Atlanta has everything you need to create beautiful bouquets and arrangements for your big day.
- Event Planners
Planning a wedding can be a daunting task. But with the help of an event planner, you can relax and enjoy your big day worry-free. Atlanta has many talented event planners who will take care of all the details so you can focus on celebrating your new marriage.
Hotel Wedding Vendors in Atlanta
- Nicola's Event Planning
From the very first meeting, Nicola's Event Planning will get to know you and your partner to learn about your unique love story. With this information, they will be able to design a wedding that is a true reflection of you as a couple and make sure that your event is tailored to your specific ideas, style, and budget. Nicola's Event Planning strives to make your wedding day perfect, whether you need help envisioning your dream wedding or already have a clear picture. With years of experience in the industry, Nicola and her team promise a stress-free event that meets (and hopefully exceeds) all of your expectations!
- French Market Flowers
French Market Flowers is dedicated to organic, free-flowing arrangements and bouquets. By growing many of its flowers on its farm in Coweta County, the company provides both quality and freshness that you cannot find elsewhere. The French Market Flowers team can create truly unique arrangements for your big day, and offer everything from personal flowers to full-service floristry to make your wedding as spectacular as possible.
- AV Gourmet
AV Gourmet is a wedding catering business located in Atlanta. This award-winning company is committed to creating an unforgettable dining experience for you and your guests. Using locally sourced and fresh ingredients, they strive to produce high-quality and flavorful dishes that leave a lasting impression. No matter what the occasion, AV Gourmet’s team of experienced chefs will work with you to create a menu that fits your needs and budget.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Wedding Venues in Atlanta
There are many pros and cons to consider when choosing a hotel wedding venue in Atlanta. Check them out before deciding if an Atlanta hotel wedding is the right choice for you.
- There’s a wide variety of hotel wedding venues to choose from in Atlanta.
- Many hotels offer on-site event planning and catering services, which makes the planning process easier for a couple.
- Hotel wedding venues are typically very convenient for out-of-town guests because these venues are often centrally located.
- Some hotel wedding venues have strict rules and regulations, which may limit how you want to customize and execute your wedding.
- Hotel wedding venues may not be available during peak wedding seasons, such as summer or the holidays.
- Some hotel wedding venues may not have enough space or be the right fit for large weddings.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Weddings in Atlanta
If you're planning a hotel wedding in Atlanta, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips:
- Research Atlanta wedding venues thoroughly to find the perfect spot: Look into local hotels, restaurants, and other establishments that can host large events and accommodate a variety of wedding themes. Spend time researching online and calling to compare rates, amenities, and size requirements for your wedding.
- Secure an experienced wedding planner: Hiring a professional wedding planner in Atlanta will ensure that your special day runs smoothly from start to finish. Make sure the planner you choose is familiar with the city’s best vendors and budget-friendly options for hotel weddings.
- Create a detailed budget: Start by preparing an itemized list of all expected costs associated with hosting a hotel wedding in Atlanta, including venue rental fees, catering expenses, decorations, music/entertainment costs, etc., so you know exactly how much you'll need to allocate towards each item.
- Find reliable vendors: Reach out to local caterers, florists, and event designers/planners who specialize in hotel weddings in Atlanta and get referrals from friends or family members who have hosted weddings in the area before. Make sure you are comfortable with their level of expertise and communication skills before signing any contracts or agreements.
- Schedule plenty of time for setup/cleanup: Allow yourself plenty of time to set up decorations and other décor items before the big day as well as enough time afterward for cleanup and breakdown of equipment after the event is over. Coordinate with your event coordinator or venue manager to make sure everything runs smoothly on both ends!
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History
With the biggest dinosaurs, an enormous movie screen, and beautiful Piedmont forest landscapes to stroll through, it is easy to spend an entire day marveling at all there is to see and do. At Fernbank, you can learn about science in fun and interactive ways that will leave you with a newfound appreciation for our planet and all its creatures. You can explore dinosaurs from a new perspective, get up close to traditional fossils, and discover the biggest creatures to ever walk the earth. You can also enjoy movies on a gigantic screen—one of the largest in Atlanta!
- Stone Mountain Park
Georgia's Stone Mountain Park is a popular destination for families looking to enjoy the outdoors and take part in a variety of activities. The park spans 3,200 acres of natural beauty, and visitors can find interactive attractions, historical sites, and plenty of annual events to enjoy. Some of the most popular events include the Spring FUN Break, Summer at the Rock, Yellow Daisy Festival, Native American Festival, Pow Wow, Stone Mountain Christmas, and Snow Mountain. Whatever time of year you visit, you're sure to find something fun to do at Stone Mountain Park.
- Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area
The Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area is a special place with a rich history spanning more than 10,000 years. The area is home to numerous granite outcrops, which were used by Native American travelers and traders as well as by settlers seeking new land. Today, the Heritage Area is a popular destination for hikers, campers, and nature lovers. The beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife make it a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.