About Los Angeles
Los Angeles, often referred to as LA, is one of the most iconic cities in the world. It is a bustling metropolis with an estimated population of 4 million people and a larger metropolitan population of over 18 million. The city lies on a sprawling network of freeways and highways stretching from Orange County to Ventura County. In addition to its impressive size, Los Angeles also boasts a variety of attractions, such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Universal Studios Hollywood.
The city’s year-round mild temperatures make it an ideal destination for those planning a special event or wedding. From luxury resorts offering stunning views of the Pacific Ocean to historic hotels with their unique charm and character, Los Angeles has something for everyone.
Many hotel venues offer complete wedding packages, including catering, decoration, valet parking options, transportation services, and more so couples can create their dream wedding without hassle. With its vibrant atmosphere and stunning backdrops, it's no wonder that so many couples choose this iconic city as their backdrop when tying the knot in true LA fashion.
Hotel Wedding Options in Los Angeles
- Makeup and Hairstylists
Everyone wants to look and feel their best on their wedding day. That's why choosing a makeup artist and hairstylist who can make you look like the best version of yourself is important. You can choose to have your hair and makeup done at the salon, or you can bring in your own stylist. Many salons near hotels in Los Angeles offer wedding packages you can take advantage of for a more cost-efficient option.
When choosing a hotel wedding venue, you'll want to make sure there are plenty of photo opportunities nearby. Los Angeles has a lot of scenic locations, from the beach to the Hollywood Hills. You'll also want to consider whether the hotel has a private event space where you can take photos with your guests.
When it comes to catering, Los Angeles has a lot to offer. The city is home to several renowned chefs as well as a number of eateries that can serve your event. You may also locate specialized wedding catering services in the area. Wedding reception facilities at the hotel or your own caterer are both options.
Many hotels have wedding specialists who can play for your ceremony. You also have the option of bringing in an outside musician.
Hotel Wedding Vendors in Los Angeles
Nessaevents is a wedding/event coordinating company that specializes in full, partial, and day-of coordination. They have numerous in-house vendors who can help you arrange all of your vendors in one place and lighten your load. From weddings, corporate meetings, marketing, and unique projects to intimate gatherings and parties, they've got it all. They will design an exclusive coordination package tailored just for you.
- Pink Unicorn Beauty
Pink Unicorn Beauty strives to provide you with the best hair and makeup experience possible for your special occasion. Their skilled artist will collaborate with you to enhance your natural beauty and boost your self-esteem. They serve clients for weddings, quinceaneras, photoshoots, parties, proms, formal photos, senior portraits, and more, all available at reasonable prices. The goal is for clients to feel comfortable in their own skin and have fun.
- Nadia Kelm Photography
Nadia Kelm has always had a passion for photography and visual storytelling. This award-winning photographer captures events as they unfold, telling stories through beautiful images that last a lifetime. Nadia's father operated a high-volume commercial photography business which is where her journey began. She started by shooting and printing photos for herself before moving into digital and analog photography. In 2018, Nadia graduated from USC's School of Cinematic Arts with a BA in Film and Television Production. Thanks to developed abilities in business and art, Nadia excels at creating connected photographic moments that honor her clients' stories.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Weddings in Los Angeles
Hosting a wedding in a hotel in Los Angeles can be a great way to create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. There are, however, both pros and cons to consider when making the decision. Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages of having a hotel wedding in Los Angeles.
- A hotel wedding can offer a variety of amenities that may not otherwise be available or easy to set up elsewhere. You can take advantage of the on-site catering and event planning services, as well as luxurious suites that allow you and your partner to enjoy your big day without worrying about transportation.
- Staff members at a hotel will be able to guide you through the whole process, ensuring everything is perfect on the big day.
- Hotels typically have their own parking lots, eliminating the issues and hassles of finding parking for your guests.
- Depending on where you host it, space restrictions could be an issue if there aren’t enough rooms available or if the ballroom isn’t large enough for all your guests.
- Hotels may have certain rules in place regarding noise levels late at night which could interfere with any music or dancing planned afterward if it goes past certain hours.
- Since most hotels tend to provide generic décor options (such as tables/chairs/linens), it might become difficult if you want something specific that isn't offered by them.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Weddings in Los Angeles
Planning a hotel wedding in Los Angeles can seem overwhelming, but with the right tips, it can be a smooth and enjoyable experience. Here are some helpful suggestions for organizing a successful hotel wedding in LA:
- Book early: Hotels in Los Angeles fill up quickly, especially during the peak season, like summer and holidays. It’s important to start researching and booking as early as possible to ensure availability. Make sure to also look into any additional hotel fees or special offers that may apply if you book far enough in advance.
- Choose the right venue: With so many luxurious hotels in LA, you must do your research to find the perfect one for you. Consider the size of your guest list and available space for each aspect of your celebration (dancing, ceremonies, receptions, etc.). Don’t forget to check out reviews from past guests as well.
- Hire professionals: The best way to ensure all aspects of your wedding go smoothly is by hiring professional planners and vendors, especially those with experience working in LA hotels. From caterers who know the right menu items for large groups to florists who can create beautiful arrangements, having experts on board will make planning a lot easier.
- Research photographers: Look into the photographer's portfolios and ask for references from past hotel weddings they’ve shot before making a final decision. You want someone who is familiar with taking photos in various lighting situations—indoors or outdoors—so that all parts of your celebration will be well represented visually.
Famous Locations in Los Angeles
- Vista Hermosa Natural Park
Vista Hermosa Natural Park is 10 acres of "Window to the Mountains" in the middle of metropolitan Los Angeles. The park got its name from Spanish for "beautiful view," and it definitely lives up to its name with stunning views of nature surrounded by Mediterranean flora. The Department of Recreation and Parks designed the walking trails, streams, meadows, oak savannahs, picnic grounds, and amphitheater grotto for public education events on environmental and natural history.
- Griffith Park
Griffith Observatory is one of the first things that come to mind for many people when they think of Griffith Park, but there's so much more to this 4,000-acre park than just the Observatory. It's one of the largest urban parks in the United States, so there are plenty of activities and sights to explore without even leaving LA. Griffith Park is packed with possibilities, whether you want to tackle different trails, see the Hollywood Sign from the air, or explore the wide-open lawns.
- Travel Town Museum
While at Griffith Park, don’t miss the chance to tour the Travel Town Museum, a combined transportation museum and recreation center in Los Angeles. It was dedicated on December 1952, but its exhibits were reorganized in 1965. The museum now features a collection of history in the form of locomotives, passenger cars, freight cars & cabooses, and interurbans and motor cars. Every item or vehicle displayed at the museum presents a wonderful piece of the country’s railroading heritage.