Vancouver is the largest city in Canada’s western province of British Columbia, located on the country’s Pacific coast. It’s known for its majestic natural beauty, ranging from ocean views and sandy beaches to picturesque snow-covered mountains. The downtown area is a vibrant metropolis with an eclectic mix of modern architecture and historic buildings, luxury hotels, restaurants, and nightlife all within easy reach.
Organizing events in Vancouver's many hotel venues can be an ideal way to celebrate special moments or host memorable business meetings and conferences. Hotels offer a range of flexible event spaces that can accommodate groups large or small and have all the amenities needed to ensure your event is successful. Whether you’re planning a wedding reception, corporate gathering, or family reunion, Vancouver's experienced hotel staff are sure to make it a success. Many hotels even have their caterers on staff who can create delicious menus, especially for your guests.
No matter what type of event you plan to hold in one of Vancouver’s hotel venues, you can be sure that this picturesque city will provide a perfect backdrop for your celebration or meeting. From luxury facilities with commanding views over the harbor to cozy banquet halls tucked away among local streets and alleyways, there is something for every occasion.
Hotel Event Options in Vancouver
There are many qualified decoration companies in Vancouver to decorate a hotel for an event. The common options provided by them include flowers, balloons, or streamers. Another option is to use themed decorations based on the event's theme. For example, if the event is a birthday party, then the hotel could be decorated with birthday banners and balloons.
Talented photographers in Vancouver can help capture memories of the occasion. They can take photos of the guests, the decorations, and any other memorable moments. This can be a great way to capture memories that can be shared later.
- Event Planners
Numerous event planners in Vancouver would be glad to take care of all the details of the celebration. This includes setting up decorations, arranging for food and drinks, and booking entertainment or musicians. This can help make sure that everything goes smoothly in the hotel on the day of the gathering.
Hotel Event Vendors in Vancouver
- Aleesa Dance
Aleesa Dance is a professional belly and Persian dancer in Vancouver. Aleesa will work with you to create a custom show that's perfect for your gathering, whether it's a corporate event, a wedding, an anniversary celebration, a cultural festival, or a birthday party. With years of experience, Aleesa is an expert at delivering stunning, memorable performances that will leave your guests amazed. Classy and sophisticated, she will ensure that you have the time of your life.
- The Enchanted Party
Enchanted Party is an event rental company based in Vancouver. They specialize in decor rentals, shower decor, birthday decor, film + tv staging, event rentals, and wedding rentals. They have a huge range of unique and original design items with endless styling possibilities. Their catalog page features props, signage, and more. If you need help planning your event, scroll through their services page for ballooners, event styling, and custom graphics among others. Enchanted Party is a trusted name in the event rental industry, and they are ready to help make your vision a reality.
At Filosophi, they pride themselves on being a down-to-earth and personable event planning firm. They know that your event is about you and your guests, not about them, and they always keep that in mind when the team is working. Filosophi has extensive experience in the industry, and they love what they do. The company wants to make sure that you love it too. Filosophi offers the following services: wedding and event planning, elopement planning, micro or full-size events, take-over wedding coordination, custom wedding planning, event planning, and more.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Events in Vancouver
There are many benefits to hosting an event at a hotel in Vancouver. However, some potential drawbacks should be considered:
- Professional Environment and Service: Hotels provide a professional atmosphere and experienced staff that can help ensure your gathering runs smoothly and successfully.
- All-in-One Convenience: By booking all necessary services—including catering, room rentals, audiovisual equipment, etc. — with one vendor you can save time and money as well as ensure continuity throughout all components of the occasion.
- Security & Safety Considerations: Hotels typically have security systems in place to protect guests from any unwanted intrusions or disruptions during a gathering; they also often have trained personnel who can handle any emergencies that may arise unexpectedly.
- Space Limitations: Many hotels are limited by the amount of space available for events, making it difficult to accommodate larger parties.
- Transportation Challenges: Guests may have difficulty getting to the hotel venue if it is located outside of city limits or in a remote area.
- Limited Flexibility on Services & Decorations: To maintain the hotel's standards, restrictions may be placed on certain decorations or services that can be offered at the event venue.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Events in Vancouver
Now that you know some of the pros and cons of hotel events in Vancouver, here are a few tips to help you organize a successful gathering:
- Research Extensively: Research the various hotel venues available to help ensure that they are selecting the best option for their specific needs. Event planners should consider the size of the meeting space, catering services offered by the hotel, proximity to other attractions in Vancouver, and the cost of renting out the space when making their decision.
- Secure Necessary Permits: Events held at hotel venues in Vancouver will likely require legal permits. Event planners should contact local authorities regarding what types of permits are needed and begin the process of acquiring them as soon as possible.
- Plan Out Setup and Decorations: Plan out how exactly you are going to set up your meeting space. This may include arranging tables and chairs or setting up audiovisual equipment such as projectors or sound systems. Event planners should also consider how they want to decorate their space as this can drastically affect both its look and feel.
- Coordinate Catering Services: Coordinate with the hotel's catering staff so that all food needs are met throughout their event. This includes considering dietary restrictions or special requests from guests and ensuring there is enough food available at regular intervals throughout the day; this helps keep attendees engaged and energized during long gatherings.
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Sinclair Building
If you ask any Vancouverite where they first became Canadian, they might just lead you to Sinclair Centre. It houses the Passport Canada office, which for many, is where they went through the process of becoming a citizen. The center is a beautiful work of marble and brass architecture, complete with a glass atrium. It's comprised of four buildings that have been joined together, including the Federal Building. This building dates all the way back to 1910, making it a rich piece of Vancouver's history. While getting your passport might not be the most exciting way to spend an afternoon, Sinclair Centre is definitely worth a visit — even if just for the architecture.
- Denman Street
Denman Street is a great place to visit whether you're looking for a meal or just want to do some window shopping. It's especially vibrant and busy during the summer months. If you're around English Bay and looking for something to do, be sure to check out Denman Street. You won't be disappointed! And if you're a fan of Car Free days, be sure to mark the Father's Day weekend in your calendar — Denman Street has its Car Free day then between Davie and Robson.
- The Drop
The Drop is a fun place to visit Bon Voyage Plaza in the Coaltown neighborhood of Vancouver. German artist group Inges Idee created The Drop to represent the fearsome power of nature and the human relationship with the water that surrounds us. The Drop is a gigantic steel sculpture in the shape of an elegant water droplet. A large, round glass sculpture hangs in the center of the Plaza, symbolizing a raindrop precariously balanced on its endpoints. The Drop is a sculpture that reacts to the diagonal shape of the building it's placed in, while also standing tall and playful like a figurehead on a sailing ship. It lies in a great location that pulls viewers into its depths.