Top Filming spaces
Looking for a unique Filming space? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
Bright, airy studio near Lake Merritt
This is a cozy space with beautiful natural light, designed to look like a contemporary home and made to be comfortable particularly for boudoir sessions. Perfect also for headshots, lifestyle shots, fashion, and more. It also functions as a traditional photo studio, with a portable backdrop stand and many rolls of seamless; I've shot catalog shoots with multiple models.
Note for video producers: there is ambient noise from the street, but depending on what you're shooting, that could be no problem. Several renters have shot music videos there and loved it.
Mid-Century Craftsman with Skyline View
This 1927 mid-century craftsman possess tons of character. Great period details, immaculate hardwood floors and large windows. Ample lighting in every room. Ideal for film & photo shoots.
Thoughtfully curated. Art, decor, furniture and other design details throughout.
Beautiful views from the master bedroom, kitchen & outdoor patio offer a scenic backdrop of downtown Oakland/SF.
Camera equipment & lighting rental upon request.
Parking in private driveway. Additional on-street parking w/ no time restrictions (except street cleaning)
Near Highland hospital, Lake Merritt, Trader Joe's, 580 and bus lines to BART.
Large backyard w/ garden beds, fruit trees and seating area with fire pit.
Available 7-days a week
The Farmhouse is located in the Oakland hills on a half acre with a view, the house is 2600 sq ft and has 4 bedrooms. It has high ceilings, tons of natural light, and lots of room to set up lighting. There is plenty of free parking and space for crew and staging areas. There will be someone on site during all photoshoots to help with anything clients might need and we can be available for walkthroughs before or after the shoot. Wifi is available and clients will have access to all rooms in the house as well as the whole yard.
Huge, Affordable Production Space
- 3500 square foot flexible space
- 34' x 17' white wall
- 34' x 12' blackout drape
- 50' x 30' open concrete floor space
- 24' x 16' x 3' black carpeted stage with natural wood fascia
- sound system
- 100 amp power distribution breaker panel
- off street loading dock in front for trucks
- roll up door in back, perfect to drive picture cars into space
- off street parking & secure lot for truck overnight parking
- other exterior shooting locations available on-site (ie. industrial backdrops like containers, brick walls, corrugated fences as well as multiple courtyards)
- full day and consecutive day discounts available
- friendly creative environment