Oakland is a city located in the East Bay region of California, and it is the third largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are looking for an exciting place to host your next birthday party, there are lots of good reasons why you should consider Oakland.
There are plenty of fun things to do in this vibrant city, and you can be sure that your guests will have a wonderful time. Oakland is home to many amazing restaurants, bars, and nightclubs, so you will be able to find something to fit just about any taste.
And with a diverse range of indoor and outdoor venues available, you’ll be able to find a space to suit any birthday party theme and guest list. So what are you waiting for? Book your party now and experience everything that Oakland has to offer!
Birthday Party Options in Oakland
Decoration and party rental vendors in Oakland can help make your birthday party special. Balloons can be used to decorate your event space, as centerpieces on the tables, and to help create a truly unique look. Be sure to choose a color scheme or theme that will complement the rest of your decorations.
Hiring a professional photographer is a great way to ensure that you'll have beautiful memories of your birthday party to last a lifetime. There are many talented photographers in Oakland, so be sure to do your research and find one who will capture the essence of your celebration.
A great DJ can set the tone for your birthday party and get everyone up and dancing. There are many popular DJs in Oakland, so be sure to ask around and find one who has the right vibe for your celebration.
Oakland’s best bakeries and caterers can create a delicious cake for your birthday party. Be sure to taste several different cakes and frostings until you find the perfect combination for your celebration.
- Event Planners
An experienced event planner in Oakland can help you organize your dream birthday party. From caterers to decorators, these professionals can take care of everything so you can relax and enjoy your special day.
Birthday Party Vendors in Oakland
- DJ E.T. Events
DJ E.T.’s journey began in 2010 when he established DJ E.T. Events and started providing entertainment for private parties, bars, art shows, and non-profit events sporadically over 18 months. Then he was finally hired for his first wedding gig, which went so well that it changed everything! Since then, he found his niche as a DJ providing music and personality at birthday parties, weddings, corporate events, school dances, and more. Needless to say, he’s grateful every day to have such an opportunity to do what he loves most: being a professional DJ. Now a mobile DJ and emcee, E.T. approaches every occasion as if it’s the most significant event of his career. He's passionate, lively, and dedicated to offering top-notch entertainment!
- SunnySide Catering & Biscuits
SunnySide Catering & Biscuits specializes in Southern breakfast and BBQ lunch catering delivery, and they're dedicated to making your event one to remember. From 10 to 500 people, they can cater for a wide range of parties and are happy to work with you to create a menu that fits your theme and budget. Check out some of SunnySide’s catering menus to find out how they can provide a treat for the taste buds for you and all your guests.
- A Monique Affair
In 1999, Chanda Daniels established A Monique Affair to contribute to the wedding industry through event planning and design. With a passion for creating beautiful events, A Monique Affair promises sophistication custom-made for each client. Based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, this boutique business quickly became a leading provider of upscale and affluent events that use creative vision, unique touches, and novel party elements. The signature style of A Monique Affair is one of a kind, so find out how they can help you host your dream birthday party.
Pros and Cons of Birthday Parties in Oakland
There are a number of advantages and disadvantages to consider when hosting a birthday party in Oakland.
- There are many specialist party vendors available to help with your event.
- The city has a great food scene, so you won’t have any trouble finding the perfect cake and catering for your party.
- There are stacks of beautiful locations where you can hold your party, from parks and basement bars to fancy restaurants and rooftops with views of the city.
- Oakland can be expensive, so you may have to spend more money to host your party in Oakland than in other cities.
- There may be more traffic and noise to contend with if you have your party in a busy area.
- You may have to deal with permits and other city regulations if you have your party in a public space.
Tips on How to Organize Birthday Parties in Oakland
There are a few things to keep in mind when organizing birthday parties in Oakland to ensure a successful event.
- Budget planning. Make sure you budget for the cost of the party as it can be expensive to host a celebration in Oakland.
- Vendor choice. There are plenty of party vendors in Oakland that can help with your event, so make sure to shop around and find the right one for you (at the right price).
- Location matters. The birthday party venue you choose can have a huge impact on the ambiance of your celebration. Regardless of whether you want an indoor or outdoor party, there are many beautiful locations to choose from around Oakland.
- Consider the guest of honor. If you're planning a party for someone other than yourself, keep their interests in mind at all times. Consider their tastes and preferences, liaise with them throughout the planning process, and tailor every aspect of the party to maximize their enjoyment.
Famous Locations in Oakland
- Oakland Zoo
If you want to get up close and personal with amazing creatures from all around the world, you’ll definitely want to visit the Oakland Zoo. This much-loved family attraction is home to an eclectic array of creatures, including everything from African lions to Madagascar hissing cockroaches. With over 850 memorable creatures to admire, you’ll want to spend a whole day here at least.
- Chabot Space & Science Center
The Chabot Space & Science Center is a great place to visit if you’re interested in learning more about the universe. With interactive exhibits, research-level telescopes, and an animated real-time representation of the sun, there's something for everyone to enjoy. The center's Planetarium has a 70-foot full dome and offers an immersive simulated stargazing experience. And at 1,500 feet above sea level, the observatory provides stunning views of Oakland, San Francisco, and the surrounding Bay Area.
- Children's Fairyland
Children's Fairyland in Oakland is an adorable amusement park with a Storybook Puppet Theater and a host of family-friendly attractions. Themed areas represent classic fairy tales and there are fun rides, daily live shows, and other engaging attractions for youngsters. Children's Fairyland has been wowing families since 1950 and it is still a firm favorite today. With its picturesque atmosphere and variety of fun activities, it’s no wonder Children's Fairyland is consistently rated as one of the top amusement parks in the country.