Toronto is a global business, finance, arts, and culture center recognized as one of the most cosmopolitan cities on Earth. It is a melting pot of cultures, with over 160 different ethnic groups represented. With the city's rich history, diverse population, and abundance of things to see and do, it's no wonder that Toronto is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
When it comes to nightlife, Toronto definitely doesn't disappoint. If you're looking for a fun and unique evening out, be sure to check out one of the city's many cabaret shows. They are a great way to experience Toronto's dynamic arts scene. From burlesque and drag performances to musical comedy acts, there's sure to be a celebration that appeals to your taste. Best of all, many of these musicals are located in the heart of the city, so you can easily make a night of it.
Cabaret Options in Toronto
Cabaret shows typically feature live music, so you can expect to hear a wide range of genres depending on the performance you choose. Popular music styles include jazz, blues, and soul. But no matter what type of melodies you're into, you're sure to find a cabaret show that will suit your taste.
A night out at the cabaret wouldn't be complete without delicious food and drink. Most venues offer a full bar, so you can enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail while you take in the show. And if you get hungry, many cabarets offer light snacks or even full meals.
One of the best things about cabaret shows is that they are truly a feast for the senses. In addition to the live music, many cabarets also feature dazzling costumes and elaborate make-over.
Cabaret Vendors in Toronto
- Lisa Shamai Cuisiniere
This company has been catering to the people of Toronto for over thirty years. The team takes great pride in its cuisine and only uses the finest and freshest ingredients possible. The menus are designed to please even the most discerning palates, and the staff is always available to ensure your event goes well. Whether it’s a private celebration or a corporate function, they will be happy to work with you to create a menu that will leave your guests raving.
- StereoFlavour Live Entertainment
They offer a wide range of professional music services to suit every occasion. Whether you're looking for a dance band to get your guests on their feet, a string quartet to create a romantic atmosphere, or a cocktail jazz trio to provide background entertainment, the team has you covered. They also offer full sound, lighting, DJ, and Audio/Visual services to ensure your event is a success from start to finish.
- Alisa Lyons Make-up and Hair
Alisa is an award-winning artist who specializes in airbrush and glamour make-up. Alisa and her team of professional make-up artists and hairstylists offer mobile make-up and hair services using MAC products for photo shoots, weddings, and fashion shows in Toronto. Their services include airbrush, hairstyling, and updos, contouring, highlighting. Plus, they use MAC products to give their clients the best possible results.
Pros and Cons of Cabarets in Toronto
Cabaret shows can be a great way to spend an evening, but there are some things you should keep in mind before you go. Here are some pros and cons:
- A cabaret show can be a fantastic way to experience Toronto's dynamic arts scene.
- Many cabaret venues in Toronto are located near other famous attractions, making it easy to turn your simple entertainment experience into a full night out.
- Some cabaret venues offer light snacks or even full meals, so you don’t have to worry about providing food for your guests.
- If you choose a venue with cabaret-style seating, mingling between guests or attendees is often limited to those seated at their table.
- Cabaret-style events can take up a lot of floor space, so it doesn’t go well with smaller venues.
- Toronto traffic is terrible, so you should avoid having a cabaret venue outside the city that requires a lot of driving if you don’t want to get stuck in traffic.
Tips on How to Organize Cabarets
Cabaret events are becoming increasingly popular in Toronto. Here are some tips on how to organize such an occasion:
- Pick the right venue: Choose a venue conducive to a cabaret atmosphere. An intimate setting, such as a small theater or club, is ideal.
- Work with the right people: Find a creative team who can help you develop an interesting concept and execute it flawlessly. Then, choose your performers carefully. They should be skilled in singing and acting and able to work the room.
- Consider the audio system: Make sure you have a good sound system in place so that the performers can be heard clearly, even in a large venue.
- Advertise the event: Promote your event through different mediums. Take advantage of social media and traditional channels such as print and radio.
- Be organized: Organize everything in advance so there are no last-minute hiccups before and on the night of the celebrations. Then, relax and enjoy the show!
Famous Locations in Toronto
- Allan Gardens Conservatory
The Conservatory was built in the Victorian era and is modeled after the Crystal Palace in London. It is lush with botanical features and plants and houses species from the tropics, Australia, and the Mediterranean. If you're in Toronto during the winter, leave the city's snowy, slushy streets and enjoy this space's warm and clean atmosphere.
- Aga Khan Museum
The Aga Khan Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in Islamic Art. Housed in a stunning building, the museum has an extensive collection of artifacts and Muslim art, as well as a wealth of educational and cultural facilities. The museum offers theater, dance performances, lectures, film screenings, and much more, making it the perfect place to learn about Islamic culture.
- Evergreen Brick Works
This is an eco-friendly complex that is perfect for the nature-loving explorer. The complex has a restaurant café, a bike shop, a huge kilns-turned-gallery structure, and a garden market. Overall, the place is focused on creating green-friendly models of urban living, making it an attractive destination for ecologically inclined people.