Philadelphia is a large city located on the East Coast of the United States. The city is known for its historic landmarks, such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. Philly is also home to a vibrant food scene, with an endless list of restaurants offering creative takes on classic American cuisine.
Wedding restaurant events in Philadelphia provide an ideal setting for couples to celebrate the days leading up to the big occasion as well as D-day itself. The city's eateries offer a stylish setting for everything from the engagement dinner and bridal shower to the ceremony and reception.
Not to mention, many of wedding restaurant venues in Philadelphia are situated by well-known tourist traps. That makes them more convenient for family and friends of the couple to tour around before or after the the big event.
Wedding Restaurant Options in Philadelphia
A videographer captures moving images and audio of the occasion, giving couples a keepsake that allows them to relive the day through a cinematic film.
Team up with a florist to create stunning arrangements and displays to adorn the wedding restaurant location. The city's best flower shops offer design, delivery, set up, and even takedown services.
Work with a decorator or event planner to design and set up the wedding event venue, including selecting furniture, lighting, table settings, and other decorative elements. It gives you peace of mind knowing that there's a dedicated team working on bringing your vision to life.
Hiring musicians to provide live entertainment at your wedding restaurant event is sure to make the occasion livelier. They can also set the mood with background acoustics during cocktail hour and dinner.
Wedding Restaurant Vendors in Philadelphia
- Spring Garden Flowers
George Atkins took an old, dilapidated shell of a building and turned it into the vibrant business that is now known as Spring Garden Flowers. Since its inception, they have provided premium floral arrangements at reasonable prices to the community. They are a full-service florist offering not only beautiful bouquets and plants but also gift baskets, chocolates, balloons, and more.
- Elegant Events Florist
Elegant Events offer a wide range of décor options to help you create the event of your dreams. From floral designs and linens to lighting and draping, they have everything you need to make your event truly special. And because they know that every detail matters, they also offer a selection of stationery and rental items to complete the look.
At Bellagala, they have over 25 years of experience in the wedding industry. They have expert artists in all the major categories, including photography, DJs, hair and makeup, floral design, and wedding planning. They also have a wide range of services, from photo stations to live music to their new Interactive Photo Booth. They will work with you to create the perfect wedding, whether you want everything handled or only need a few details taken care of.
Pros and Cons of Wedding Restaurant Events in Philadelphia
When it comes to deciding where to host a wedding function, there are many factors to consider. One option is to host the event at a restaurant. Here are some pros and cons of hosting a wedding restaurant event in Philadelphia.
- Drenched in history, Philly is an ideal location to host a meaningful occasion. The city's landscape is shaped by lists of historical buildings, and some house wedding restaurant locations.
- The city has diverse neighborhoods, and each offers a distinct culture and vibe, giving you plenty of options when searching for a wedding restaurant venue.
- The public transit system is dependable and your guests will have the choice of a rail system, a subway, and 70 bus routes to get to the restaurant.
- Like any other major metropolitan area, traffic is a challenge in the city, and it's important to keep this in mind when searching for a wedding restaurant space.
- Parking is also another issue, and it is wise to prioritize a venue that has ample space.
- The city's liquor licensing laws make it difficult for most establishments to obtain them, and it's important to talk to the management beforehand if alcohol is part of your menu.
Tips on How to Organize Wedding Restaurant Events in Philadelphia
When it comes to wedding restaurant events, Philadelphia has a lot to offer. Whether you’re looking for an intimate setting for your rehearsal dinner or a large venue for your reception, there are plenty of great options in the city. Here are a few tips on how to organize your wedding restaurant event in Philadelphia:
- Choose the right venue. There are several factors to consider when choosing a location for your wedding restaurant event, including capacity, style, and location. Inquire about availability and pricing before making your final decision.
- Plan your menu. Once you’ve selected your venue, choose a suitable menu for the occasion. Work with the establishment's chef or catering manager to come up with a custom menu that fits your budget and guest list. Factor in dietary restrictions or allergies so that everyone can enjoy the spread.
- Create a timeline. Wedding restaurant events can be complex, so it’s important to work with a timeline that outlines all of the details. This will help you stay organized and on track as you plan your event.
- Hire professional help. Wedding planning can be stressful, so it’s important to hire professional help if you need it. Event planners take care of all the details, from vendor selection to organizing the guest list. This will allow you to relax and enjoy your big day worry-free!
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Bartram's Garden
Bartram's Garden is a hidden gem in Philadelphia. This beautiful botanical garden is the oldest in North America, and it offers acres of lush gardens, trees, and plants to explore. Visitors can also tour the historic home on the property. Bartram's Garden is the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely stroll or a picnic lunch. So if you're looking for a peaceful oasis in the city, be sure to check out Bartram's Garden. You won't be disappointed!
- Cedar Park Houses
If you're an architecture lover, you'll definitely want to check out the Spruce Hill and Cedar Park neighborhoods. These neighborhoods are home to some of the prettiest houses in the city, including brightly painted Queen Anne Victorian twins and homes with other unique features. They're definitely a sight to see! And because they're at the edge of University City, they're also conveniently located. So if you're ever in the area, be sure to swing by and take a look.
- Franklin Square
Franklin Square is one of the five original squares laid out by city founder William Penn. The park has undergone many changes over the years, and today it is a modern and fun family park with a dazzling fountain, a Philly-themed miniature golf course, playgrounds, and an old-fashioned carousel with famous Philly horses. Franklin Square is undoubtedly an ideal place to enjoy some quality time with your loved ones.