Philadelphia, situated in the state of Pennsylvania and part of the United States of America, is a city much admired for its historical significance. Its population stands at an impressive 1.5 million people; however, when including those residing within its metropolitan area, that number rises to 6 million — making it the ninth largest metropolis in all of America! The city was once home to one of our nation's most monumental events: where both the Declaration Of Independence and the Constitution were signed during 1776-1777. It is also home to numerous museums and cultural institutions, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Please Touch Museum.
Philly has grown astronomically popular in recent years as an ideal city for team-building excursions. It's no surprise, considering its numerous attractions and diversity of venues for any type of event and size! Taking part in Philly-centered group-building activities is a great way to bring your colleagues together and have some fun while exploring history with tours of iconic sites or perusing museums. If that doesn't interest you, there are sports and recreational opportunities available too!
Team Building Options in Philadelphia
- Furniture rental
This option allows you to choose from a variety of furniture pieces, such as tables, chairs, couches, and more. Perfect for creating a comfortable atmosphere for your gathering.
- Audio/Visual Equipment rental
At team-building events that include presentations, it is essential to have the appropriate audio-visual equipment. Consider various options such as projectors, microphones, speakers, and more for your set-up needs.
A team building wouldn't be complete without great food and drinks! Hiring a professional caterer for the occasion will ensure that all attendees are able to enjoy tasty treats during their downtime.
Team Building Vendors in Philadelphia
- 340 Sound
Established in 2003, 340 Sound is a source for audio rentals in the Philadelphia area. Whether you're planning a corporate event, a private party, or a wedding, 340 Sound can provide the audio equipment rental you need to make sure your event is a success. They offer a wide range of audio equipment, including PA systems, microphones, speakers, and more. 340 Sound consists of experienced professionals who can help you choose the right equipment and make sure it's set up properly.
- Party Rental Ltd. Design Studio
Since its inception as a side business for Oprandy's Liquor Store, Party Rental Ltd. has come a long way. What started out as a few rental items for home parties has now expanded into the largest inventory of chairs, tables, flatware, linens, chinaware, catering equipment, and furniture in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Party Rental Ltd. has become a top provider of party rental services, thanks to their experienced team who are dedicated to helping customers create unforgettable events.
- AB Catering
AB Catering wants to make your next gathering a memorable one. Their team of culinary masterminds will customize your menu so that it reflects you and your crowd's taste and desires. If you're in the Pennsylvania or New Jersey area, their catering services will take care of all your needs, both big and small. From hot dog carts to team-building menus, their menu is not limited to what is on their website they also take special requests.
Pros and Cons of Team Buildings in Philadelphia
Regardless of the potential benefits or drawbacks, team-building exercises are an excellent opportunity for colleagues to form relationships and cultivate mutual trust. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of incorporating such activities into Philadelphia workplaces:
- With its abundant historical and cultural points of interest, there are plenty of opportunities for your gathering activities.
- A lot of team-building spaces are centrally located and are easily reachable from many places.
- Most venues offer a diverse selection of furniture, and audio/visual equipment to suit your specific needs.
- When it comes to high season, your favorite venues may be booked up months in advance.
- Traffic and parking can be difficult in some areas of the city, so make sure everyone feels comfortable.
- Some parts of the city may not be suitable for team-building activities due to crime rates.
Tips on How to Organize Team Buildings in Philadelphia
Planning a corporate event, especially one with the purpose of team-building, can be an intimidating feat. Between securing the perfect location and coordinating everyone's schedules, there are many components to consider. To help you plan your successful Philadelphia group-building affair, here are some helpful tips:
- It's essential to select an area that will not only provide adequate space for mingling and bonding but also be suitable for any activities you have planned. Comfort should be of the utmost priority when choosing a venue so all participants feel like they can fully relax and get to know each other.
- Subsequently, it is pivotal to pick activities that will enhance collaboration and unity. Activities that are too competitive or independent can defeat the intention of the event entirely.
- Last but not least, don't forget to include food and beverages in your planning. Keeping your attendees nourished with snacks and refreshments will help them stay alert and remain engaged throughout the event.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Cira Green
If you're looking for a breathtaking view of the Philadelphia skyline, head to Cira Green. This elevated park sits 95 feet above the street and offers stunning views of the cityscape. Cira Green is open year-round, so you can enjoy the views no matter what time of year it is. The park also hosts seasonal events, so there's always something new to see and do. And if you work up an appetite exploring the park, grab a bite to eat at Sunset Social, the onsite restaurant. Whether you're looking for a relaxing spot to take in the sights or a fun place to spend an afternoon, Cira Green is sure to impress.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park
If you're looking for a fun-filled spring or summer day out, Spruce Street Harbor Park is the perfect spot. Visitors can enjoy a game of bocce or lawn games, relax in a tree-slung hammock, or take in the views from one of the floating barges. There's also a boardwalk with a variety of food options, as well as a beer garden serving craft beers, cocktails, and frozen beverages.
- Dilworth Park
Dilworth Park was opened in 2014. The park is complete with lush tree groves, benches for resting and enjoying the scenery, as well as cafes. One of the most notable features is the large programmable fountain that instantly becomes an ice rink in winter or a roller rink in summer. City Hall’s popular western-facing front yard is a great place for all Philadelphians to gather. The next time you're in the area, be sure to check out the multi-use space! It's perfect for picnics and just hanging out with friends.