Located in the state of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (fondly referred to as the City of Brotherly Love) is the fifth most populous city in the United States and is a bustling hub of culture and history. Founded by William Penn in 1682 upon principles of religious freedom, Philadelphia has grown to become one of the most diverse cities in America. With its many historical landmarks that have stood for centuries, such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, to its modern attractions like the Philadelphia Zoo and Reading Terminal Market, it is no surprise that Philadelphia is considered a major tourist destination.
Not only does Philadelphia have an abundance of outdoor attractions for visitors to explore, but it also has countless indoor venues for you to plan your special day. From classic estate homes with lavish gardens to chic hotels located in downtown Philly and large convention centers passing off as ballrooms — the possibilities are almost endless for wedding venues in this city. Moreover, Philly also boasts some unusual spots that are perfect for marriage celebrations such as old warehouses, breweries, or even vintage theaters. Whether you’re looking for something traditional or unique, there’s an indoor spot that can serve as the setting for your most special day.
Indoor Wedding Options in Philadelphia
Entertainment is key when hosting an indoor wedding, as it helps make sure that everyone has a memorable time on the big day! Couples have the option of hiring live entertainment such as DJs or bands to create an energetic atmosphere and bring attendees together on the dance floor. Alternatively, they can opt for more casual entertainment like photo booths or lawn games which will allow guests to socialize in a relaxed setting.
When it comes to catering for an indoor wedding, couples have many options. Hiring top-notch caterers is one of the best ways to ensure a delicious meal for all guests. They offer a wide range of cuisines and dishes to choose from and can even specialize in a certain cuisine or type of food. Couples can also request a specific cuisine or dish if they desire, giving them full control over their wedding menu.
Professional decorators can be hired for indoor weddings to provide a beautiful backdrop for the special day. They will typically include decorations such as hanging lights, custom fabric draping, and accent pieces that will transform an ordinary venue into something extraordinary. They can also help in creating a personalized wedding theme that reflects the couple's style.
Indoor Wedding Vendors in Philadelphia
- Sugarbomb Entertainment
Sugarbomb Entertainment is a premier Philadelphia-based event production company offering the most diverse entertainers to choose from. Founded in 2014, the company takes pride in Philadelphia's storied music culture and adds its own flavor to it. Its team scours the area to find some of the brightest emerging stars in music and thrives on providing unique entertainment experiences customized to fit its clients' visions. From DJs, bands, and renowned music programs, Sugarbomb continually works hard to find and package superior performers for your events. Its range of sound and lighting options provides an individualized atmosphere for attendees and enhances each performance provided.
- Catering By Design
Catering By Design goes above and beyond the traditional catering experience and it offers an array of services that ensures a one-of-a-kind event. The staff at Catering By Design pays special attention to each detail, making sure it is attuned to the particular needs of an event while utilizing fresh and local ingredients. Their menus are meticulously crafted, with carefully selected staff and beautifully executed décor by garnish, all abiding by the principles of the Slow Food Movement. Whether it's a business breakfast or a lavish dinner for a large group, Catering By Design can make it into a memorable experience.
- Ten Pennies Florist
Ten Pennies Florist has been delivering fresh, stunning flower arrangements to the greater Philadelphia area for over 30 years. From everyday bouquets to special occasion arrangements and more, its experienced floral designers create unique, beautiful pieces that are tailored to customers’ needs. Its same-day delivery services cover the entire city and its surroundings, so no matter what you need - or when you need it - Ten Pennies Florist guarantees it will arrive on time and as gorgeous as ever. With years of experience comes a wealth of imagination and dedication; customers can rest assured knowing that every Ten Pennies arrangement is created with love and great attention to detail.
Pros and Cons of Indoor Weddings in Philadelphia
Indoor weddings in Philadelphia can provide a beautiful and intimate setting for couples to celebrate their special day. But, just like any other wedding venue option, there are both pros and cons that should be considered before making the final decision.
- Indoor weddings provide guests with the luxury of escaping from inclement weather conditions, as well as potential mosquitoes or other pests.
- The walls and ceilings of indoor locations make it easier to create the perfect atmosphere with decorations such as floral arrangements, table linens, lighting, and more.
- A closed-off venue ensures that only those invited will be present at your big day - perfect for couples looking for a more intimate experience without dealing with prying eyes from strangers.
- Being indoors means that there won't be any room to expand if more guests arrive than expected. This is why it is important to get a realistic guest list beforehand so you can book the right size venue accordingly.
- Since there isn't usually much natural light available indoors, you may need additional lighting fixtures or equipment.
- It may be difficult for some venues' sound systems to adequately fill larger spaces without sounding “echo-y”; meaning you may need additional sound equipment if you plan on having live entertainment at your reception.
Tips on How to Organize Indoor Weddings in Philadelphia
Organizing a wedding in the city of Philadelphia can be a challenge; with so many different venues and options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. Luckily, there are several tips that can help you navigate the ins and outs of planning an indoor wedding in Philadelphia.
- It's important to research multiple venues that can provide the perfect setting for an indoor wedding. Make sure to take into account the size of the venue, as well as its amenities and nearby attractions.
- Create a comprehensive schedule for the day of the wedding that includes timeframes for setup and cleanup of each area of the venue, arrival times of vendors and delivery companies such as florists or caterers, entertainment start times and expected end times for each activity throughout the day. This ensures that everyone involved knows what’s expected of them and that they can fulfill their duties throughout the event.
- Setting up decorations in an appropriate way is essential for creating the desired atmosphere for your special day. You'll want to consider things like lighting, colors, furniture placement, table settings, and more when planning out the décor of your ceremony or reception hall. Furthermore, make sure you’re aware of any fire safety regulations prior to setting up any decorations that could potentially pose a hazard.
- With limited space comes limited photo opportunities; hence, it's important to get creative. Consider smaller areas around the venue such as balconies and courtyards as potential backdrops for beautiful photos that will last a lifetime. Additionally, enlisting the help of a professional photographer will ensure that every moment is captured perfectly.
- Establish an emergency contact list to inform key members of staff in case someone needs to be contacted regarding a last-minute change or issue that occurs suddenly.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Shofuso, the Japanese House and Garden
Shofuso is a true sight to behold; it's easy to forget that you’re in Philadelphia when visiting the Japanese House and Garden — complete with a painstakingly crafted shoin-zukuri house, brilliant ornamental garden, and tranquil pond. Originally built in Java, Indonesia in 1953 as a gift from Japan, it was then dismantled and reassembled at its current home in Fairmount Park. No matter what time of year it is, there's something special about this destination; come winter and you can find the tea house blanketed in the snow while coming summer the garden bursts with color. Local or visitor, everyone should experience this hidden gem of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
The Philadelphia Museum of Art has become an iconic spot in the city thanks to its memorable appearance in the "Rocky" movies. Not only is it an amazing backdrop for a vacation photo, but the inside is just as stunning; boasting nearly 100 galleries, PMA displays an impressive number of works from many renowned artists who worked throughout the Impressionist, American, Renaissance, and modern eras. You'll find plenty of treasures here; from priceless paintings and sculptures to other rare artifacts. If you feel like avoiding crowds, PMA stays open late on Fridays with food and drinks and some live music for a unique night out. So go ahead and take those selfies with Rocky, but don't forget to check out what's inside too!
- Marconi Plaza
Located in South Philadelphia, Marconi Plaza is a great place to get a feel for life as a local. This green space covers several blocks, and it has become a favorite spot for both residents and visitors. Named in honor of the renowned Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi, the plaza features sculptures, and playgrounds with plenty of seating to relax on, along with outdoor basketball and bocce ball courts. The perimeter of this scenic urban oasis runs along Broad Street — the longest street in Philly. Whether you want to take a stroll around or find international cuisine nearby to munch on during your visit, make sure to check out Marconi Plaza while you're here.