Philadelphia is an iconic city with centuries of history and plenty of cultures to explore. It is the largest city in Pennsylvania and one of the nation's most populous cities, but it also offers something truly unique: a vibrant grittiness that makes it both beloved by locals and a must-see for tourists.
In addition, each year the City of Brotherly Love hosts countless graduation ceremonies at its many colleges and universities. Perhaps Philly's top shining moment comes when it hosts the annual Army-Navy Game at Lincoln Financial Field, one of the longest-running rivalries in college football, making it a treasured attraction not just for local residents, but also for sports fans across the world.
Finally, travelers take note: if you head to Philadelphia’s Reading Terminal Market be ready to try some authentic Philly cheese steak - it’s arrived on countless “must eat” lists from around the globe!
Graduation Ceremony Options in Philadelphia
Hiring a DJ guarantees that you'll have an energy-charged graduation party. They keep guests on their feet by playing the right tunes, and a majority also provide MC services.
Whether you want a formal sit-down meal or casual finger foods, caterers take the stress out of planning your menu and preparing food for your guests. Philadelphia's catering companies excel at delivering fingerpicking meals customized for each function.
Balloons are the one sure decoration item that you can't miss on any occasion. Philadelphia's party supply stores carry selections of balloons and some even provide the services of balloon artists to help you with the setup process.
- Event planner
Planning a graduation party can be overwhelming, but hiring an event planner takes some of that burden off of your shoulders. An event planner can help you plan and execute a perfect graduation party.
Hiring a photographer to capture the memories of your graduation party ensures that you'll have lasting memories of the special occasion. Philadelphia has a number of talented shutterbugs who can take up the task and provide quality, sentimental photos of the day.
Graduation Ceremony Vendors in Philadelphia
- Meticulous Class Events
Meticulous Class Events is a planning business that strives to make each occasion one to remember. They can help you plan your function from the ground up, or provide individual rental items like photo booths or decorations. With their local event experience, you can rest assured that your event will be a success!
Kristine Di Grigoli is a personal brand photographer who specializes in creating images that showcase businesses in lifestyle, retail, and commercial settings. With over 15 years of experience in the industry, she has worked with a range of clients. Kristine's passion is for helping her clients to tell their stories in a more effective way and she enjoys seeing the results that her work can achieve. She is always looking for new challenges and is constantly expanding her portfolio to include new concepts and ideas.
- Dr. Thunder Karaoke
They'll bring the party to you wherever & whenever you want it and travel anywhere in the U.S. Dr. Thunder Karaoke provides DJs and MC services to private parties, weddings, and other occasions. As implied, they specialize in karaoke services, with over 30,000 songs, interactive sing-alongs, colorful lighting effects, and live instruments played along with skits - all encouraging fan participation.
Pros and Cons of Graduation Ceremony Venues in Philadelphia
Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of having a graduation ceremony in Philadelphia is essential to making an informed decision. With selections of graduation venues in Philadelphia, it also helps to figure out how you stand to benefit from locking down any location in the city.
- Philly is a large city that still provides a small-town charm, and your graduation ceremony is sure to be memorable if you take the same approach when planning the celebration.
- If you have out-of-town family members and other guests attending the graduation event, Philadelphia is a highly accessible city from Washington D.C., and New York.
- The city's excellent public transit system gives you some leeway to widen your search area for a graduation ceremony venue.
- Like most other cities, traffic gets quite terrible in Philly, and this should guide your booking arrangements when locking down a graduation location.
- After navigating through traffic, parking is equally a nightmare in the city. Prioritize graduation ceremony locations that come with ample parking.
- Winters in Philly are quite cold, and it isn't the best time to plan an outdoor graduation event.
Tips on How to Organize Graduation Ceremonies in Philadelphia
Planning any type of function can easily become an overwhelming undertaking. To ensure you don't become overwhelmed, it's wise to start the process as early as possible and stay organized throughout. If you are a graduate organizing a celebration in Philadelphia, here are a few helpful tips to get started:
- Curating a successful event involves putting several details in motion, from finding an ideal venue to booking the right caterer. Start small by developing a checklist of tasks and then working through each item individually. Don't try to accomplish them all at once or frustration is sure to follow!
- Delegating tasks is essential. Attempting to do everything will only lead to frustration and you won't get much done. Have family members or friends assist and assign specific roles that each person should handle in order to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Lastly, don't forget to remain flexible. Although problems will come up in the course of planning, don't let them weigh you down. Keep your cool and adapt accordingly if needed.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- The Navy Yard
The Navy Yard is a complex of parks located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The complex features 20 acres of parks, including Central Green, Crescent Park, and the Riverfront Greenway. The Central Green is the perfect place to get some exercise, with a social track, fitness station, and sun lawn. The area's largest park, Crescent Park, is ideal for leisurely strolls and picnics. The Riverfront Greenway is a mile-long walk along Admiral Peary Way with spectacular views of the Delaware River. The Navy Yard also features a number of sculptures and art installations, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Pennypack Park
The 44-acre Pennypack Park is located in Philadelphia, and it was named for the Lenni Lenape Indian term for sluggish water. It runs from Montgomery County to the Delaware River, following along Pennypack Creek east as it courses south. The park's 1,600 acres include rolling hills, open meadows, and many kilometers of both paved and unpaved paths that are perfect for walking, cycling, jogging, or horseback riding. Visitors may also discover several ancient buildings, such as the Pennypack Bridge, one of the United States' oldest stone bridges. In addition to being a lovely and tranquil location to enjoy nature, Pennypack Park is also a critical wildlife refuge.
- FDR Park
FDR Park is a hidden gem in the heart of South Philadelphia. The park features a lagoon, fields, trails, a creek, and lakes. Bird watchers will enjoy the many bird species that can be found in the park, and tennis, rugby, and baseball fans will find plenty of space to play their favorite sports. If you're looking for a peaceful place to enjoy a picnic lunch, the park's gazebo is perfect. The FDR Skate Park was designed and built by members of the community who love skateboarding.