Philadelphia is a large city located in the state of Pennsylvania. It is one of the oldest cities in the United States, having been founded by William Penn in 1682 and incorporated as a city in 1701. As a major hub for politics, business, culture, and education, Philadelphia has much to offer visitors from around the world. Along with being home to historic landmarks such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, it is also an important center for industry and research.
An interesting fact about boats in Philadelphia is that the Schuylkill River which runs through the city serves as a popular spot for recreational boating. Boaters can enjoy everything from sailboats to rowboats to motorized vessels. In addition, there are several marinas located along the river where boaters can dock their boats when not on the water.
Organizing boat parties in Philadelphia can be a great way to take advantage of its many waterways while socializing with friends and family. Not only are boat parties great fun but they are also an excellent way to explore both the city's past and present cultures all while enjoying stunning views of its skyline. Furthermore, hosting a boat party provides guests with an experience they won't soon forget while also helping them create lifelong memories.
Boat Party Options in Philadelphia
If you want to host a boat party in Philadelphia, then enlisting the help of professional bartenders offers numerous advantages. Not only can they deliver an array of drinks and craft custom drink menus for your event, but their expertise extends far beyond that. Professional bartenders are well-versed in crowd management so that any situation which may arise during your gathering is handled with ease. Furthermore, given their extensive experience with boat parties specifically, these professionals can provide invaluable advice on how to make yours a success.
- Event Planners
Event planners can prove invaluable for organizing boat parties in Philly. Local countless event planners will be able to help manage all the details of your party, including budgeting, logistics, and timeline management. They are also capable of providing creative ideas on how to add extra fun elements to the party such as games or entertainment options in the boat’s vicinity.
- Catering Services
Philadelphia professionals can provide catering services that include delicious meals and snacks for guests. They can also ensure guests' safety needs are met and offer creative ideas such as unique meal options and drink pairings that complement the theme of your party.
Boat Party Vendors in Philadelphia
- Shore Side Catering
Shore Side Catering has been a fixture in the event planning industry for over 10 years, and their team of experienced professionals can take care of every detail needed to create an unforgettable event — from locally farmed produce to handpicked wines. As a full-service catering company that serves Cape May, South Jersey, & Philadelphia areas, Shore Side Catering takes great pride in its ability to make any occasion a delightful celebration; they have all the necessary resources, both technical and creative, to ensure that your special day is one that you and your guests will never forget.
- Lil Steph
Get ready to be dazzled by the Criminally Cute Lil’ Steph, Philadelphia's resident Queen of Burlesque XII since 2006. Her ultra-glam and neo-classic style have captivated audiences in seven countries, including all over the United States. As one of Philadelphia's most sought-after showgirls, she has single-handedly produced Bravissimo Burlesque (2010–2013) and Rasputin’s Room (2013–2016). Her grace and charm on stage are sure to leave audience members mesmerized. Not only does she serve as a guest artistic director for the Art of BDSM series and Burlesque-n-Booze, but Bravissimo Burlesque has also headlined events like Diabolique Fetish Ball, Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention, and Doubled Visions.
- Feastivities Events
Feastivities Events specializes in weddings, corporate events, picnics, and barbecues for all seasons; holiday entertaining; and shore catering experiences — the possibilities are endless. Feastivities Events provides LGBTQ+ and Queer Inclusive services in the Philadelphia area as well as the Pennsylvania suburbs, with the goal of bringing any occasion to life. They aspire to create not only a festive atmosphere but a memorable one, through excellent catering and event design.
Pros and Cons of Boat Party Venues in Philadelphia
Experiencing Philadelphia's breathtaking waterfronts while having a blast with family and friends is an absolute must — but don't forget to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of various boat party venues before settling on one:
- Variety: The vast array of boat types available for rent provides many different options for creating unique themed events at different price points.
- Location: Hosting a party on the water allows guests to explore the city from a unique perspective while also enjoying various local attractions such as historical landmarks or art galleries along the way.
- Convenience: With many docks located near popular areas like Old City and Northern Liberties, getting to a boat party is easy and convenient for most guests attending from within Philly or nearby suburbs.
- Weather: Philadelphia is susceptible to sudden changes in weather which can cause unexpected delays or cancellations.
- Regulations: There are numerous regulations concerning noise levels, safety, alcohol consumption, etc., that must be followed for an occasion to be held legally.
- Space: Boats tend to be quite small in comparison to other event venues, so the number of guests must be kept in mind when considering this option.
Tips on How to Organize Boat Parties in Philadelphia
Philadelphia's waterfronts provide the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable boat party — but planning one requires meticulous attention to detail. To make it easier, here are a few tips:
- Contact a boat rental service: It is important to contact a reliable boat rental service in advance to book the perfect size boat for your needs. Make sure to inquire about any additional services, such as catering, cleaning, or entertainment that may be needed for the party.
- Pick an ideal location: Choose a suitable location for your boat party based on the number of guests and type of gathering. Consider factors such as safety, distance from shore, and privacy when selecting the location.
- Comply with regulations: Make sure to read up on Philadelphia boating regulations before planning your party. Some areas require special permits or insurance coverage for vessels that are hosting large parties.
- Keep track of guests: For large groups, it is essential to keep track of attendance and monitor who is coming and going throughout the event. This will help ensure that all guests stay safe on board and remain within legal limits if alcohol is being served.
- Plan ahead for entertainment: Boat parties require more than just conversation — plan ahead and hire a DJ or band if necessary, recruit some engaging activities like karaoke or trivia, or bring along some games like poker or cornhole to keep guests entertained throughout the night.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Octavius Catto (Mural)
Octavius Catto is an integral part of Philadelphia's history, having devoted his life to the fight for civil rights. In the mid-1800s, he relentlessly sought out equality and a voice for people of color in voting, worked hand-in-hand with Frederick Douglass, and even declared war on desegregating public trolleys in Philadelphia — not one to shy away from a challenge. In 1871 his journey tragically came to an end when he was assassinated at just 32 years old. Nowadays, this remarkable man lives on through his memorial statue erected in City Hall in 2017 and the resulting mural that emerged in late 2017 in Catto's beloved South Philadelphia neighborhood.
- FDR Park
FDR Park is an incredible multidimensional space full of unlikely possibilities for South Philadelphians. A place for bird watching, picnicking, and plenty of recreational activities, FDR Park also offers unexpected gems such as FDR Skate Park, a visionary outdoor public skate space designed and built by local aficionados. And if that wasn't enough, "the meadow," or South Philly Woodlands, serves as a unique open-air playground located within the borders of the former golf course. FDR Park is truly remarkable in its ability to honor its culture and provide something special in a single multifaceted space. Through the hard work of Friends of FDR Park, this beautiful oasis can continue to foster cultural connections and offer much-needed respite from urban living.
- Rocky Statue
The Philadelphia Museum of Art is home to the iconic Statue of ROCKY™, a testament to Sylvester Stallone's blockbuster 1980 movie, "ROCKY III". This statue is more than just a mere tribute — it's a beacon of courage and inspiration that beckons visitors from all over the world. Those looking to take a piece of this inspiring energy with them can turn to A. Thomas Schomberg himself, who created the original masterpiece and now offers ROCKY replica sculptures as collectibles. All in all, it's clear why this statue has turned into such a beloved mainstay of Philadelphia culture.