Philadelphia is a city unlike any other, boasting an eclectic mix of inspiring attractions and cultural landmarks. As one of the oldest cities in America, it has a rich history, evident in its iconic colonial architecture, cobblestone streets, and vibrant art galleries. The city is renowned for its cuisine, from the famous Philly cheesesteak to the beloved soft pretzel.
These are reasons why Philadelphia is travel-friendly, and celebrating a 21st birthday in Philly comes highly recommended. Whether you want to explore the vibrant nightlife scene or stroll through neighborhoods like South Street and Fishtown, there is something special waiting around every corner.
Plenty of establishments cater to diverse tastes, from lively speakeasies and craft breweries serving Philadelphia-brewed beer to gourmet restaurants serving delicious farm-to-table offerings. So let your inner adult run wild in Philadelphia, and make your 21st birthday one for the record books!
21st Birthday Options in Philadelphia
A catering company delivers a variety of gourmet foods, drinks, and desserts. They help turn a regular event into an inviting and memorable one by serving delicious dishes and beverage service.
DJs, live bands, and other performers liven up any 21st birthday party. With these services, guests can enjoy music, comedy acts, magic shows, and other activities that add fun and excitement to the event.
- Party Rentals
From tents to chairs and decorations, party rental companies supply everything needed to make your 21st birthday party look amazing. Most businesses also provide delivery, set up, and tear-down services to accompany the rentals.
Hiring a limousine is a sure way to make a 21st birthday celebration even more special. Rent a luxurious limo with all the bells and whistles to transport you and your guests in style, with decorations, champagne, and snacks.
21st Birthday Vendors in Philadelphia
- Jerry’s Kitchen
Jerry’s Kitchen is a catering business that serves classic American fare with a fascinating spin, ensuring that every dish they do is unique and mouth-watering. They offer a diverse menu, including sandwiches and sliders, plated meals, and protein bowls. They can bring a food truck to your venue or provide onsite catering.
- DJ HeadRush
DJ HeadRush provides excellent DJ services, photo booths, and lighting for various events, including weddings, birthdays, graduations, corporate events, clubs, and casual parties. He provides brand marketing services, extending to his skills as a DJ and emcee. DJ HeadRush is well-versed in Top 40, House, EDM, Hip Hop, and Reggae music, always providing the most up-to-date music with radio edits to keep everyone entertained.
- Trophy Limousine Service
Trophy Limousine Worldwide is committed to providing safe, reliable, and accommodating luxury chauffeured transportation services in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas. With a wide selection of cars, SUVs, limousines, shuttle buses, and party buses available around the clock for longer excursions to Atlantic City and New York City, clients can choose the perfect ride for their special occasion. All vehicles come with TVs, iPod hookups, DVD/CD players, and fully-stocked wet bars to add extra fun to the celebration.
Pros and Cons of 21st Birthday Venues in Philadelphia
Celebrating a 21st birthday in Philadelphia is an exciting event, marking the transition from adolescence to adulthood. However, there are pros and cons to celebrating this milestone in the City of Brotherly Love.
- Philadelphia is home to various bars, clubs, and restaurants that provide plenty of options for hosting a 21st birthday celebration.
- The city also boasts many world-famous attractions, like the Liberty Bell and the Rocky Statue, making it possible to create a fun, activity-based party schedule.
- Since Pennsylvania has legalized gambling, casinos are another option for those looking to celebrate their 21st birthday in style.
- Planning a large-scale gathering proves tasking without local contacts. It could hike costs and make securing the best dates and reliable vendors challenging.
- Alcohol consumption can get out of hand if not monitored carefully, leading to potential legal issues and health risks associated with overindulgence or irresponsible drinking habits.
- Large crowds can also cause safety concerns due to pickpocketing or other criminal activities within busy areas such as nightclubs or tourist attractions.
Tips on How to Organize 21st Birthday Parties in Philadelphia
The 21st birthday celebration marks a coming of age and is usually celebrated with close friends and family. But planning an event in Philadelphia can be a daunting experience. Here are tips to ensure the event is stress-free and enjoyable for all!
- Set Your Budget: Before you begin booking venues, catering, or decorations, it is essential to set a realistic budget for yourself. Figure out what type of venue you would like and the number of people you plan to invite.
- Select Tasty Catering Options: Whether you choose a full-service catering company or simple snacks and finger foods, have something that pleases your guests. Check out local food trucks and restaurants for creative ideas that suit different dietary needs and preferences.
- Plan Fun Activities: Schedule fun activities and games! Opt for crowd favorites like beer pong or flip cup, or plan something original like scavenger hunts or charades. Rent arcade machines or hire a photo booth for an extra-special touch!
- Set Up an Incredible Sound System: Create the perfect atmosphere with professional sound equipment rental services in Philadelphia, like DJ systems, speakers, microphones, and other audio gear. Set up a projector if you plan on playing videos at the venue.
- Create Lasting Memories: Do not forget about photos! When everyone arrives at your party, have them take pictures at a DIY picture station equipped with props, fun backdrops, and a high-quality camera.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
Philadelphia's Magic Gardens is a must-visit attraction for anyone seeking an immersive art experience. This visionary art environment, created by Isaiah Zagar, has ingeniously transformed discarded items into stunning mosaic works of art. The galleries inside the gardens display an eclectic mix of art pieces. The outdoor mosaic sculpture garden is equally mesmerizing, and visitors can spend hours exploring the labyrinthine pathways through the mosaicked walls, floors, and ceilings. The site spans half a block on South Street.
- Comcast Center
The Comcast Center is more than just a towering skyscraper. This 58-story glass-clad building is a masterpiece in green architecture, with its sustainable design making it one of the tallest eco-friendly structures in the US. The epicenter of the building is its stunning 140-foot-tall atrium lobby. Here, you will find the fascinating Humanity in Motion installation consisting of ten horizontal poles with life-size figures dancing like tightrope walkers. A massive 2000 sq ft LED screen playing changing high-res videos complements the display. For a shopping and dining experience, take the escalator down to the food court and shopping mall.
- The Woodlands
Nestled in Philadelphia lies the beautiful and historic Woodlands cemetery. The prominent William Hamilton, a member of a wealthy colonial family, once owned the estate. Today, two of his 18th-century buildings remain, charmingly surrounded by Victorian-era funeral monuments and the trees he meticulously planted. The Woodlands has a serene atmosphere, making it a fitting final resting place for many notable figures, including Thomas Eakins, the beloved artist whose works adorn museums worldwide, and surgeon Samuel David Gross, whose portrait Eakins immortalized in his masterpiece, The Gross Clinic.